US Politics XXXV: My Insurrection Lasted More Than 4 Hours - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-28-2022, 03:43 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,738
Local Time: 10:20 AM
Right. Attempted murder is ok cause you didn’t actually get the result
__________________

BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 06:13 PM   #82
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,340
Local Time: 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I think it was said at the time they one of the upsides of voter suppression is that people tend to vote more when they know people don’t want them to vote and are trying to stop them. I’m glad this appears (at the moment) to have backfired in the face of thr GOP.
__________________

Bluer White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 08:06 PM   #83
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 69,246
Local Time: 06:20 AM
https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/...NpMfoAd2g&s=19
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 02:21 AM   #84
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,858
Local Time: 06:20 AM
That’s a pretty lame thread. I doubt there are many people who are about to not vote for Biden solely based upon only getting $10k in student debt relief.

But also… the “you helped elect republicans” thing needs to stop. People who voted for republicans elected republicans. People who didn’t vote or voted third party are not helpful to your cause, but it is fundamentally the wrong direction to go if we demand a polarized two party system.

What we need is for primaries to be nationalized on the same day (and for closed primaries to be outlawed). If we had a system more like the French and Le Pen won, it would be totally fair to blame people who refused to vote for Macron since they had their chance to push their candidate through first.
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 02:55 AM   #85
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: turtle island
Posts: 22,244
Local Time: 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
That’s a pretty lame thread. I doubt there are many people who are about to not vote for Biden solely based upon only getting $10k in student debt relief.

But also… the “you helped elect republicans” thing needs to stop. People who voted for republicans elected republicans. People who didn’t vote or voted third party are not helpful to your cause, but it is fundamentally the wrong direction to go if we demand a polarized two party system.

What we need is for primaries to be nationalized on the same day (and for closed primaries to be outlawed). If we had a system more like the French and Le Pen won, it would be totally fair to blame people who refused to vote for Macron since they had their chance to push their candidate through first.


in a two party system there are inherently a lot of people who feel left out.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:07 AM   #86
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 69,246
Local Time: 06:20 AM
Oh sure. I have no disagreement with the idea that our two party system is inherently broken.


But, uh, it's not fucking changing sooo there's that.

The overall point of that thread was to not let perfect be the enemy of good.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:10 AM   #87
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 69,246
Local Time: 06:20 AM
Orwellian much?

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 09:12 AM   #88
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,738
Local Time: 10:20 AM
https://twitter.com/chadpergram/stat...Y6y5VHGprYJhkA

Will still vote blue, but it’s so damn tiring with this talk from democrats about bipartisanship.

Why would you ever call Mitch a rational GOP? How many times does he have to pull the football away?

He will let there be debate (maybe), it’ll take a long time. People will move their attention to something else, then back off of any change

The Democrats really only have themselves to blame when they keep trying to negotiate with terrorists and bad faith
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 11:18 AM   #89
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 69,246
Local Time: 06:20 AM
because right now, today, the democrats are about to get slaughtered in november. they do not have the standing to tell anyone to fuck off because inflation is currently out of control and it's impacting Americans on a daily basis.

cocaine mitch knows this - so he floats out the "i'm willing to listen" line knowing that biden has no real options here.

they NEED to figure out the inflation issue - the gas issue - or it's over. even more than the covid issue - which most americans have moved on from.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 01:53 PM   #90
Refugee
 
Bluer White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,340
Local Time: 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
People who didn’t vote or voted third party are not helpful to your cause, but it is fundamentally the wrong direction to go if we demand a polarized two party system.
So true. Not that a legit third party is rising out of the ashes anytime soon, but your general thought of dialing down the polarization is right on.
Bluer White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 02:02 PM   #91
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 69,246
Local Time: 06:20 AM
republicans win elections because when the time comes everyone falls in line.

democrats lose elections because they worry about being too polarizing to the fringes of the party.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 08:50 PM   #92
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,716
Local Time: 06:20 AM
Boy. That Durham “investigation” sure blew up in their faces.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 08:10 AM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,738
Local Time: 10:20 AM
https://twitter.com/heidireports/sta...fOt_wfqd7oknSg

https://twitter.com/heidireports/sta...fOt_wfqd7oknSg

https://twitter.com/heidireports/sta...fOt_wfqd7oknSg

https://twitter.com/heidireports/sta...fOt_wfqd7oknSg

https://twitter.com/heidireports/sta...fOt_wfqd7oknSg

https://twitter.com/heidireports/sta...fOt_wfqd7oknSg

And yet dem leadership will tout the “We need to work with the other side! Reason and logic will eventually win out! The old GOP will come to its senses….”

What amazes me is all of this is out in the open. They are telling the world how they plan to rig an election.
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:02 AM   #94
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,349
Local Time: 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
because right now, today, the democrats are about to get slaughtered in november. they do not have the standing to tell anyone to fuck off because inflation is currently out of control and it's impacting Americans on a daily basis.

cocaine mitch knows this - so he floats out the "i'm willing to listen" line knowing that biden has no real options here.

they NEED to figure out the inflation issue - the gas issue - or it's over. even more than the covid issue - which most americans have moved on from.
This. The gas price issue alone might not be Biden's doing, but if this keeps getting worse, then it's an easy story for the GOP to say "4 more years of that"? And not even from a reelection standpoint. People are going to start calling into work because they can't afford the drive. It's getting way out of control.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:48 AM   #95
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 69,246
Local Time: 06:20 AM
The majority of Americans only pay attention to politics when it impacts their daily lives. You'd wish that they paid attention to the ongoing attempt by the Republicans to destroy democracy, but they don't. We do. The majority does not.

They do, however, pay attention to how much money it takes them to fill their tank. They do pay attention to how hard it is to find baby formula. They do pay attention to the fact that their paycheck doesn't go as far as it used to.

I pay attention to all this shit and not just the day to day stuff, so sure - I could never bring myself to vote for a Republican in this current atmosphere. No chance. Even someone like Larry Hogan, who had consistently been anti Trump? Sorry, can't do it.

But I have a few friends who were anti Trump - who voted for Youngkin specifically over the school issue. And no, not CRT - the delay in getting schools open and back to normal. It was a deal breaker for them with the democratic leadership - because it impacted their day to day lives. I wish they'd think of the damage that a Republican governor could do in a potential swing state in 2024 - but, again - most Americans don't follow this shit.

As always - it's the economy, stupid. They need to fix this or they can kiss the majority goodbye, and likely kiss 2024 goodbye as well. They can't solve any other issues if they aren't in power. They can't make real change without getting MORE seats. There's ZERO chance of getting more seats unless the day to day pain at the pump and at the grocery store is lifted and lifted soon.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 11:26 AM   #96
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,349
Local Time: 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
The majority of Americans only pay attention to politics when it impacts their daily lives. You'd wish that they paid attention to the ongoing attempt by the Republicans to destroy democracy, but they don't. We do. The majority does not.

They do, however, pay attention to how much money it takes them to fill their tank. They do pay attention to how hard it is to find baby formula. They do pay attention to the fact that their paycheck doesn't go as far as it used to.

I pay attention to all this shit and not just the day to day stuff, so sure - I could never bring myself to vote for a Republican in this current atmosphere. No chance. Even someone like Larry Hogan, who had consistently been anti Trump? Sorry, can't do it.

But I have a few friends who were anti Trump - who voted for Youngkin specifically over the school issue. And no, not CRT - the delay in getting schools open and back to normal. It was a deal breaker for them with the democratic leadership - because it impacted their day to day lives. I wish they'd think of the damage that a Republican governor could do in a potential swing state in 2024 - but, again - most Americans don't follow this shit.

As always - it's the economy, stupid. They need to fix this or they can kiss the majority goodbye, and likely kiss 2024 goodbye as well. They can't solve any other issues if they aren't in power. They can't make real change without getting MORE seats. There's ZERO chance of getting more seats unless the day to day pain at the pump and at the grocery store is lifted and lifted soon.
All of this. And it's too bad that the Republicans are so batshit crazy now because if it were 15-20 years ago, I'd just be like "oh well maybe the GOP will actually fix some of this better than the Dems could" but they're so dangerous now.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 02:42 PM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,738
Local Time: 10:20 AM
15-20 years ago and the GOP platform was still

Guns
God
War
Tax cuts
Privatize schools

They just weren’t so nutso in the open. They did a master class of building their platform at the lowest levels where major media never pays attention.

Now the kooks have made it to Washington and any chance of a return to some form of decency is gone for long time.

Dems need to figure shit out AND message better. Fetterman won his primary by following the simple platform of keep it simple, stupid.

No more Defund talk. Find the simplest way to get your point across.

Hell, for the right price Trump would probably be willing to work for DNC messaging. The dude struck messaging gold with MAGA
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:06 AM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,738
Local Time: 10:20 AM
https://www.thenation.com/article/po...source=twitter

“Meanwhile, our side is squabbling about whether Biden should have said he thinks the dastardly McConnell is willing to make a gun safety reform deal in the wake of the Uvalde massacre (he isn’t), if the president should forgive at least $50,000 in student debt (he should), and whether Biden’s failures on those and other fronts mean people shouldn’t vote for him if he runs in 2024 (oh, hell no). Can we just establish voting as a baseline of civic duty here? The other side is recruiting zealots to be election officials to subvert democracy, and we can’t even convince people to vote? We are going to lose this war for sure if that happens.”

“I get people’s frustration, though. Most of my own, to be honest, is also with Democratic leaders, including Biden, who don’t seem to understand what they’re up against: a fanatical, well-funded, potentially violent plot to impose a dark, anti-democratic vision of America. Maybe they get it—it’s pretty damn obvious, and they lived through the January 6 insurrection—but if so, they don’t seem to be rising to meet the challenge.”
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:00 AM   #99
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 69,246
Local Time: 06:20 AM
the assassination attempt on reagan led to the brady bill.

a school shooting in california led to the assault weapons ban.

look at any high profile building in the US and you can see the impacts of oklahoma city. it also led to white nationalist militias going back underground.

9/11 led to all sorts of action - some good, some bad. but action was taken, it was immediate, and at the time it was mostly bi-partisan.

sandy hook led to... nothing. and now it's happened again.

January 6 has thus far led to... nothing.

this doesn't bode well for our future.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 10:55 AM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,738
Local Time: 10:20 AM
US Politics XXXV: My Insurrection Lasted More Than 4 Hours

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1...Ck0vOq6E7KpTKw

The government knows best when GQP are running it.

When Democrats are in charge it’s socialism/communism

And more government overreach

https://twitter.com/dc_dewitt/status...Ck0vOq6E7KpTKw
__________________

BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×