US Politics XXXV: My Insurrection Lasted More Than 4 Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a worthless piece of ? and anyone who voted for him is too

Extremist Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Arizona) deleted a disturbing and offensive tweet Tuesday that falsely claimed the gunman who killed more than 20 people at a Texas school was a “transsexual leftist illegal alien.”

The lawmaker wrote the message in response to a Twitter user who wondered if the shooter was a member of the far-right, “the kind of trash that” Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Gosar “travel to speak to?” before deleting their tweet.

7743b772b4fe61009183de644725fd4a.jpeg

Gosar, an anti-immigration hardliner who routinely cozies up to white nationalists, was apparently promoting a false claim circulating on right-wing networks. Users shared images of a trans person unrelated to the attack claiming they were the shooter.

What a worthless piece of ? and anyone who voted for him is too

Extremist Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Arizona) deleted a disturbing and offensive tweet Tuesday that falsely claimed the gunman who killed more than 20 people at a Texas school was a “transsexual leftist illegal alien.”

The lawmaker wrote the message in response to a Twitter user who wondered if the shooter was a member of the far-right, “the kind of trash that” Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Gosar “travel to speak to?” before deleting their tweet.

View attachment 13140

Gosar, an anti-immigration hardliner who routinely cozies up to white nationalists, was apparently promoting a false claim circulating on right-wing networks. Users shared images of a trans person unrelated to the attack claiming they were the shooter.

this guy goes a bit under the radar because large marge is more vocal, matt gaetz is more rapey and madison cawthorn is more dreamy... but gosar is crazier than all of them.

If people wanted a anti gun, pro choice candidate, that’s who they would have voted for.

It’s not a conspiracy. Campaign financing does help a candidate, but in the end people vote for what they feel is best.

Maybe if the election was a few days later this guys NRA rating and endorsement would cost him

But you’re wanting a progressive candidate to win…..in Texas ???

The democrats are going to need more of these “Establishment” types because Hispanics lean conservative (Catholic / Christian)

You gotta pick the right battles.

FToPPsfXsAAfBbE

Good for him. We need people to stand up and fight back against evil.

If people wanted a anti gun, pro choice candidate, that’s who they would have voted for.

It’s not a conspiracy. Campaign financing does help a candidate, but in the end people vote for what they feel is best.

Maybe if the election was a few days later this guys NRA rating and endorsement would cost him

But you’re wanting a progressive candidate to win…..in Texas ???

The democrats are going to need more of these “Establishment” types because Hispanics lean conservative (Catholic / Christian)

You gotta pick the right battles.
This has been the logic of the Democratic Party for the last 50 years, as they've ceded ground on nearly every issue to the right. The center has only moved rightward. So we should stay the course?

People keep voting for them. It makes them feel comfortable

If we weren’t facing such dire situations, I’d say to you that the Democratic Party has shifted further and further to the left as time marches on

But no one really pays attention to it because the electorate wants simple messages. Nothing scary or challenging

“Centrists” still give them that feeling of security

Good on Beto for calling Abbott out to his face. Abbott wants to be bold enough to tout his anti-gun control legislation on Twitter when it passes, he can be bold enough to face confrontation and deal with the tragic consequences that result from that legislation. Let's see more Democrats and Democratic supporters calling out these POS GOP members to their faces on this.

Also, Gosar can go fuck himself with a cactus.

People keep voting for them. It makes them feel comfortable

If we weren’t facing such dire situations, I’d say to you that the Democratic Party has shifted further and further to the left as time marches on

But no one really pays attention to it because the electorate wants simple messages. Nothing scary or challenging

“Centrists” still give them that feeling of security
The idea that the Democratic Party has gone to the left in the era where they abandoned labor (and that era is basically the last 40-50 years) is really blinkered.

And to the rest of your post, I would say: how has that plan worked out for them? Have they ever actually won enough with that approach to be able to change things in a positive, lasting direction? And if not, was the problem that they just didn't sprint hard enough to the center?

"People come to America because it's the freest, safest nation" 2 days after 20 fourth graders were shot and killed attending school.

“Realville” would be an acknowledgement that Republicans only care about “voter fraud” because politics is a zero sum game, and the only science behind their interest is to shave off marginal opposition in said zero sum game.

Change my mind.

I think it was said at the time they one of the upsides of voter suppression is that people tend to vote more when they know people don’t want them to vote and are trying to stop them. I’m glad this appears (at the moment) to have backfired in the face of thr GOP.

Still doesn’t change the fact that the GOP doesn’t want black pepper to vote and is trying to do everything they can to stop them. Let’s not absolve evildoers just because they fail to do less evil than intended.

Right. Attempted murder is ok cause you didn’t actually get the result

I think it was said at the time they one of the upsides of voter suppression is that people tend to vote more when they know people don’t want them to vote and are trying to stop them. I’m glad this appears (at the moment) to have backfired in the face of thr GOP.

:up::up:

That’s a pretty lame thread. I doubt there are many people who are about to not vote for Biden solely based upon only getting $10k in student debt relief.

But also… the “you helped elect republicans” thing needs to stop. People who voted for republicans elected republicans. People who didn’t vote or voted third party are not helpful to your cause, but it is fundamentally the wrong direction to go if we demand a polarized two party system.

What we need is for primaries to be nationalized on the same day (and for closed primaries to be outlawed). If we had a system more like the French and Le Pen won, it would be totally fair to blame people who refused to vote for Macron since they had their chance to push their candidate through first.

That’s a pretty lame thread. I doubt there are many people who are about to not vote for Biden solely based upon only getting $10k in student debt relief.

But also… the “you helped elect republicans” thing needs to stop. People who voted for republicans elected republicans. People who didn’t vote or voted third party are not helpful to your cause, but it is fundamentally the wrong direction to go if we demand a polarized two party system.

What we need is for primaries to be nationalized on the same day (and for closed primaries to be outlawed). If we had a system more like the French and Le Pen won, it would be totally fair to blame people who refused to vote for Macron since they had their chance to push their candidate through first.

:up:

in a two party system there are inherently a lot of people who feel left out.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/chadpergram/status/1531276803263934464?s=21&t=F7O-HrBnY6y5VHGprYJhkA

Will still vote blue, but it’s so damn tiring with this talk from democrats about bipartisanship.

Why would you ever call Mitch a rational GOP? How many times does he have to pull the football away?

He will let there be debate (maybe), it’ll take a long time. People will move their attention to something else, then back off of any change

The Democrats really only have themselves to blame when they keep trying to negotiate with terrorists and bad faith

because right now, today, the democrats are about to get slaughtered in november. they do not have the standing to tell anyone to fuck off because inflation is currently out of control and it's impacting Americans on a daily basis.

cocaine mitch knows this - so he floats out the "i'm willing to listen" line knowing that biden has no real options here.

they NEED to figure out the inflation issue - the gas issue - or it's over. even more than the covid issue - which most americans have moved on from.

People who didn’t vote or voted third party are not helpful to your cause, but it is fundamentally the wrong direction to go if we demand a polarized two party system.

So true. Not that a legit third party is rising out of the ashes anytime soon, but your general thought of dialing down the polarization is right on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom