US Politics XXXV: My Insurrection Lasted More Than 4 Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED TO A PRESIDENT BEFORE!!

We never had a president willingly steal/take confidential materials, or lead a armed insurrection against his own government before.

These people have shown us who they really are. When they get back into office they plan to burn the entire thing down.

I'm so disturbed by the guy who was almost responsible for my murder getting his house raided.

I'm so disturbed by the guy who was almost responsible for my murder getting his house raided.

Or little Teddy...

I know you accused my father of assassination, and said that my wife looked like a horse/dog hybrid that you wouldn't touch with a 10 foot, double bagged dick, BUT I'm the first one out to defend you big poppa!

p.s. - I give good foot rubs, I know this is a stressful time.

Pretty soon we'll be getting the Son of Sam defense, "The dog made me do it"

They have nothing but childish trolling. And they know with our media having to appear "balanced" will run with the 'planted evidence' story line casting doubt and more mistrust of the government.

There has to be something bad with the search, as Scott Perry's phone was also seized yesterday. I don't think FBI or DOJ do this if it's just as simple as getting some boxes back. There has to be a national security threat with Trump selling off state secrets, or the threat of them being stolen.

Nuclear documents.

Gee, wonder who he planned on sharing those with.

Remember back in 2015 when we said, “sure, he’s kind of amusing but this is not a person you want in possession of the nuclear codes.”

This is exactly what we were talking about.

I know the anti-anti-Trump folks love telling us to calm down and not overreact to mean tweets and of course the “Russia hoax,” but for flying fuck’s sake.

And I’m reading that Fox is foaming at the mouth about … that Kia thing.

Remember back in 2015 when we said, “sure, he’s kind of amusing but this is not a person you want in possession of the nuclear codes.”

This is exactly what we were talking about.

I know the anti-anti-Trump folks love telling us to calm down and not overreact to mean tweets and of course the “Russia hoax,” but for flying fuck’s sake.

Gosh, imagine that. WE WERE RIGHT. Who could've EVER imagined that a guy who spread a racist birther conspiracy about Obama, or said vile things about women and immigrants, and bragged about how he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and not lose supporters, would pose a danger to our country and the world? I mean, really...

"But her fucking e-mails", indeed.

It's no longer about whether or not those who warned that Trump was an unstable nincompoop were right or wrong. It was obvious and clear as day THEN, let alone now.

The issue is what the hell do we do as a country about the millions of people who, when confronted with mountains of evidence to the contrary, still believe that he's some sort of infallible icon being persecuted by the deep state libs and RINOs.

For fucks sake - they think Liz Cheney is a RINO.

20+ candidates for Governor believe the 2020 was stolen in some form (extreme being Biden isn’t actually legit to the lower belief that there’s issues with fraud)

I read a few historians met privately with Biden to state they believe democracy is on its last breath here

I’d prefer they have that conversation out in the open.

You’ve got 30-40% of country that doesn’t care. So it’s making sure the 60% do everything we can to fend off these attacks

It’s equally upsetting that people on the left have forgotten that Liz Cheney is also a horrible person.

It’s equally upsetting that people on the left have forgotten that Liz Cheney is also a horrible person.

i don't think it's about that at all.

we can have disagreements - fundamental disagreements - and still believe in democracy.

it's not about holding liz cheney up as some kind of beacon for good - i'd never vote for her - but i do respect her for more or less torpedoing her own career to stand up for democracy.

you can work to change minds in a democracy. even cheney herself has changed on the issue of marriage equity. but you need that whole democratic republic thing. it's kinda important.

somebody has a tell

FZ9SNHNWAAAaYCd

i did not steal the cookie. it's a hoax.

the mueller investigation was not a hoax. we know that. there were real accusations of obstruction of justice there. the only issue of disagreement was whether or not you could prosecute a sitting president for those crimes - which mueller believed you couldn't. but the accusations were there, real, and had mountains of evidence.

the number one reason why i still believe that there's more truth than lies in the steele dossier is because he always groups it together with things that are obviously true and not hoaxes - and clearly this nuclear story has some truth to it as well for the same reasons.

Last edited:
somebody has a tell

FZ9SNHNWAAAaYCd

i did not steal the cookie. it's a hoax.

the mueller investigation was not a hoax. we know that. there were real accusations of obstruction of justice there. the only issue of disagreement was whether or not you could prosecute a sitting president for those crimes - which mueller believed you couldn't. but the accusations were there, real, and had mountains of evidence.

the number one reason why i still believe that there's more truth than lies in the steele dossier is because he always groups it together with things that are obviously true and not hoaxes - and clearly this nuclear story has some truth to it as well for the same reasons.

Remember, when you can't keep track of all your crimes, you can just say "and much more"

So we know there's something there for sure now. He knows he couldn't block the warrant and receipt from being unsealed, so he now is going all in on the "planting of evidence"
Garland already said his lawyer was present, so we know that's a lie as well.

Anything he calls a hoax is 100% true. That much we know.

i don't think it's about that at all.

we can have disagreements - fundamental disagreements - and still believe in democracy.

it's not about holding liz cheney up as some kind of beacon for good - i'd never vote for her - but i do respect her for more or less torpedoing her own career to stand up for democracy.

you can work to change minds in a democracy. even cheney herself has changed on the issue of marriage equity. but you need that whole democratic republic thing. it's kinda important.

I'm just more annoyed by the Facebook posts by liberals saying stuff like "Nothing but class" and all that. Obviously she is a lesser of two evils by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom