US Politics XXXV: My Insurrection Lasted More Than 4 Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m terribly sorry Brett Kavanaigh couldn’t eat his steak in peace, but the right to privacy at dinner is not enumerated in the Constitution nor deeply rooted in our nation’s history, so it doesn’t exist.

Right to beer arms, checkmate librul

two-unrecognizable-men-clinking-with-beer-mugs-studio-shot-picture-id603314468

The economy added 372,000 jobs in June, outpacing expectations
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/08/economy/june-jobs-report-final/index.html

The US economy added 372,000 jobs in June, an unexpected boost in hiring and a signal that the labor market remains robust despite recession fears, according to the monthly jobs report from the Bureau of Labor Statistics released Friday. The unemployment rate held steady at 3.6%, still close to the 52-year low last reached in the months before the pandemic hit.

...Wages in June were still on the rise, but continue to be outpaced by the highest inflation in 40 years. Average hourly earnings were up 5.1% during the past 12 months. The labor force participation rate, at 62.2%, changed little from the previous month but remains below the pre-pandemic level of 63.4%.

...."The job market is still plowing forward even in the face of increasing headwinds and recession fears," Daniel Zhao, Glassdoor senior economist, said in a statement. "Even if the economy is slowing, the labor market remains a point of strength for the recovery. Strong employer demand is supporting solid but slowing job gains." Rapidly rising prices have the Federal Reserve in the throes of a campaign of successive rate hikes in order to cool the economy. Following the central bank's June rate hike of 75 basis points -- the largest such increase since 1994 -- Fed Chairman Jerome Powell signaled another hefty increase of either 50 or 75 basis points at its next meeting on July 26-27.

....Next week's slate of key economic reports -- the latest Consumer Price Index, Producer Price Index, retail sales and consumer sentiment data -- will be critical in getting a gauge on the economy's health as well as on the influence of the Fed's actions, he added. But if the Fed is too aggressive, that could potentially backfire, noted Josh Bivens, director of economic research at the Economic Policy Institute. [/I]

Jay Powell has one tough job ahead.
It's a tough job in the best of times.

Trauma for love of country, lol. Yes I am sure that Steve Bannon will be certified 100 percent truthful ?

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/10/politics/steve-bannon-trump-january-6-executive-privilege/index.html

Major gas pipeline shut down begins, Germany weary that Russia won't resume flow
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2022/07/11/gas-pipeline-shutdown-russia/10027087002/

The Nord Stream 1 pipeline runs under the Baltic Sea from Russia to Germany and is the latter’s main source of Russian gas. Gas is usually sent onward to other countries as well. It is scheduled to be out of action until July 21 for routine work that the operator says includes “testing of mechanical elements and automation systems.” The operator’s data showed the gas flow dropping as planned on Monday morning.

Still, German officials are suspicious about Russia’s intentions, particularly after Russia’s Gazprom last month reduced the gas flow through Nord Stream 1 by 60%.

....Germany and the rest of Europe are scrambling to fill gas storage in time for winter and reduce their dependence on Russian energy imports. Germany, which has Europe’s biggest economy, has been getting about 35% of its gas to power industry and generate electricity from Russia.

....The German government is preparing to approve a decree Wednesday that will give the green light for utility companies to fire up 10 dormant coal power plants and six that are oil-fueled to make up for possible further gas shortfalls. Another 11 coal-fired power plants due to be shut down in November will be allowed to keep operating.

Environmentalists have warned that burning coal and oil releases even more carbon dioxide than gas-fueled power plants, putting Germany’s climate goals at risk.

....French Economy and Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said that a complete halt to Russian gas supplies is a “credible possibility.” He said France has to get in “battle mode” this summer to prepare for winter when “we will have to make courageous choices” amid likely energy shortages.

“We will not be able to keep ourselves warm and act as if nothing has changed,” Le Maire said.

If they do nothing about Trump attempting to contact a witness they should just call the hearings off, because they're a mockery if there is no enforcement of protection of witnesses. Just when you think he has done it all there's something else.

Also Jill Biden never should have made that taco remark, did some speechwriter give her that and she just went along with it?

If they do nothing about Trump attempting to contact a witness they should just call the hearings off, because they're a mockery if there is no enforcement of protection of witnesses. Just when you think he has done it all there's something else.

Also Jill Biden never should have made that taco remark, did some speechwriter give her that and she just went along with it?

Yeah, this is where we'll know if we actually have a Justice System.

And the Biden's are stupid, but hey they got Trump out so I'll always give them that.

Did anyone else watch Unprecedented on Discovery +? I got the 99 cents for two months Prime Day special just so I could watch that.

The behind the scenes interviews with Donnie and his kids were telling and entertaining. Donnie was obsessed with the placement of his water glass and with how orange he looked.

Nothing about the substance of it was surprising in any way.

Former Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe laid to rest in private funeral in Tokyo
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/japan-pm-abe-funeral-1.6517655

Abe, the country's longest-serving prime minister, remained influential even after stepping down two years ago for health reasons. He was gunned down Friday during a campaign speech in the western city of Nara.

....The hearse travelled through Tokyo's main political district, Nagata-cho, where Abe spent more than three decades after being first elected to parliament in 1991. It then drove slowly by the governing party headquarters, where senior lawmakers in dark suits stood outside and prayed, before heading to the prime minister's office in which Abe served a total of nearly a decade in separate terms between 2006 and 2020.

Inflation rose 9.1% in June, even more than expected, as consumer pressures intensify
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/13/inf...an-expected-as-price-pressures-intensify.html

Let's quietly acknowledge Senators Sinema and Manchin's wisdom in their refusal to suspend the filibuster (just this one time)......and go along with the multi-trillion 'Build Back Better' bill. Whether it had a real cost of $3.5 trillion, $4.5 trillion, who even really knows how much in the end?

Gasoline our country did not need poured on the fire at the time.

Can't be wasting gasoline these days :huh:

I understand the want for Trump to be charged by DOJ, and I understand the first that there's plenty of evidence out there to do so - as there is, and only the most ardent Trump sheep could deny that there is.

Alas - when they do move, it has to be with the knowledge that they have an air tight case.

There is still the lingering "he can't be guilty if he actually believes this shit" defense.

Now he can still be found guilty without that smoking gun that proves that Trump knew it was all bullshit and did it anyways. But from DOJ's perspective - if they arrest him and he's found not guilty? His power grows stronger.

You only get one chance here. You can't blow it.

Maybe we'll see some action on Tuesday the 26th...

Pretty much sums things up!

Honestly don’t get this. I know it’s drive by snark, but if you’ve watched any of the hearings, how can you just blow it off when Republicans after Republican testifies under oath that this was a criminal conspiracy to violently overthrow the elected government? And then to likewise blow of what that actually means in the grand scope of history?

Asking in good faith. What allows you to honestly, in your heart of hearts, dismiss this whole thing?

Honestly don’t get this. I know it’s drive by snark, but if you’ve watched any of the hearings, how can you just blow it off when Republicans after Republican testifies under oath that this was a criminal conspiracy to violently overthrow the elected government? And then to likewise blow of what that actually means in the grand scope of history?

Asking in good faith. What allows you to honestly, in your heart of hearts, dismiss this whole thing?

Deep down, I guarantee he's not dismissing it. It's just that the team he places for finds it all very uncomfortable.

Trump taught them all very well. He denies reality 24/7

Trump taught them all very well. He denies reality 24/7
See, it's actually you and the others like you that literally obsess about trump 24/7 and buy into show trials in hopes that it distracts from the fact that the Dems have been disastrous the last couple of years.

I don't follow trump. I voted third party in 2016 and 2020 and wish he'd just go away. Nice try tho.

See, it's actually you and the others like you that literally obsess about trump 24/7 and buy into show trials in hopes that it distracts from the fact that the Dems have been disastrous the last couple of years.

I don't follow trump. I voted third party in 2016 and 2020 and wish he'd just go away. Nice try tho.

How is this a “show trial”?

Explain. Use examples. Show how Liz Cheney is covering for “disastrous” Democrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom