US Politics XXXV: My Insurrection Lasted More Than 4 Hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just coming to post that

While Liz is not someone i agree with on 98% of issues, if your choice is her and these morons…..it’s not really a choice.

We need politicians who respect the system, laws, and can have a debate

You cannot have a government full of borderline insane people.

Make the elections about policy and bettering lives

But at this point the election is about saving this republic

i will add that - while i understand the reasoning why certain democrats and democratic led PACs are putting money behind some of these loon jobs in races that they think they can steal in November - it's also a decidedly wrong thing to do that could end up seriously backfiring on them.

see 2016, presidential election

That "debate" is second only to Rudy selling dollar store plastic sandals in terms of ridiculousness and an all time low.

Liz Cheney is a very articulate person, and she looks like a genius next to those clowns. She is also an actual patriot.

i will add that - while i understand the reasoning why certain democrats and democratic led PACs are putting money behind some of these loon jobs in races that they think they can steal in November - it's also a decidedly wrong thing to do that could end up seriously backfiring on them.

see 2016, presidential election

Agree. It's not like 2016 is so long ago (it feels like it maybe) that we forget what happens when we don't take lunatics seriously.

There should simply not be any lifetime appointments.

Term limits and age limits would solve so many problems in our country

Open and free to all elections overseen by an independent and impartial committee wouldn’t hurt either.

Feels like certain states are only two steps away from imprisoning people who vote Democrat.

It’s going to be really fun this weekend discussing retirement alternatives and long term planning with my husband in the increasingly likely event our marriage is destroyed in the next 2-3 years.

I am holding everyone who didn’t vote for Hillary in ‘16 — swing state or not — personally responsible if/when that happens.

It’s going to be really fun this weekend discussing retirement alternatives and long term planning with my husband in the increasingly likely event our marriage is destroyed in the next 2-3 years.

I am holding everyone who didn’t vote for Hillary in ‘16 — swing state or not — personally responsible if/when that happens.
As you should.

Remember - Hillary and Trump? The same.

This post is brought to you by Jim Jordan and Matt Gaetz.

the-house-floor-is-a-petri-dish-florida-rep-matt-gaetz-wears-gas-mask-during-vote-to-address-new-coronavirus-300x204.png

As you should.

Remember - Hillary and Trump? The same.

Also, anyone who ever said that. Or actively trashed Hillary. Or talked about how it was just so hard giving her their precious little vote.

It’s their fault too. They created the permission structure by which Trump was possible.

Also so-called libertarian idiots who voted for Gary “What’s an Aleppo” Johnson.

We literally all told you.

We literally all told you.

This. Like, what, did these people need to actually SEE this stuff happen in order to understand the gravity of the situation? 'Cause now it's happening, and it's going to take us a long, LONG time to clean up this mess. And in some cases, who knows if we ever even will fix some of this stuff. We may have irreparably destroyed some things for good.

But hey, yeah, you anti-Hillary people, you sure showed us...or something...

(And that's another thing that frustrates me. The Republicans create and leave a huge mess, so people vote them out and vote in the Democrats...and yet if the Democrats don't clean everything up quickly enough for them, they get mad and yell at them, because they fail to comprehend and understand the sheer amount of time and effort and hard work that will need to be involved in cleaning up the GOP's mess.)

He flip flops too much.

Nice :up:.

And this is why I'm willing to take risks with the filibuster and do whatever else we need to do to try and put a stop to this madness. We've already been busy playing like we can't take those kinds of risks because what if the Republicans do it, too? And all that's done is further embolden the Republicans to get more and more extreme in their attempts to retain control and strip away important rights and destroy everything this country holds dear.

So it's like I said over in the gun control thread. Fuck it. Let's just go all in and go bold. It's literally the only way we'll be able to get anything done at this point. And I think that's what most Americans want at this point - they don't care how we get things done, they just want us to get things done. The GOP gets to go as outlandish and bold as they want and they get rewarded for it....
*Sits down on the picnic table next to Moonlit*... Heyyy.

I think I'm leaning that way. We have a rather short window possibly, especially if SCOTUS mess's with State legislations. :yikes:

If we take our chances we could blow it.
OTOH if we don't do anything, our chances PLUMMET to
near zero with the way the Repuglicans continue to act!

I think we should call our Senators, and tell them to tell Sen Schumer to ditch The Filibuster maybe for more than just what we can salvage for abortion rights in Blue States, curtailing travel restrictions in Red States, abortion pills etc. Tell Chuck [he's my Senator] to tell that to Pres. Biden.

Also to Expand the Court at least to 13 Justices for 13 circuits (add talking to our Reps, too) which I didn't know till yesterday that the nine (cue LOTR score) was at one point tied to 9 circuits.

I've always though we needed at times that be really fierce.

It’s gglidoing to be really fun this weekend discussing retirement alternatives and long term planning with my husband in the increasingly likely event our marriage is destroyed in the next 2-3 years.

Not that you shouldn't be ... You guys are in your ?40's, right?

Yeah....

Damn all those third party, and non-voters! :gah:

Ukrainian forces withdraw from Lysychansk, their last holdout in key region
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/03/europe/russia-ukraine-luhansk-lysychansk-intl/index.html

Luhansk is one of the two regions that form Donbas, the eastern part of Ukraine where the conflict between Ukraine and Russian-backed separatists started in 2014. The area has became the key centerpiece of Putin's military ambition in Ukraine after his troops failed to take over Kyiv earlier this year.

The fall of Lysychansk shifts Russia closer to achieving the goal of taking over Donbas.

.....A Facebook post by the Ukrainian military also cited Russian superiority in weapons, ammunition and personnel in the battle for the city.
"We continue the fight. Unfortunately, steel will and patriotism are not enough for success - material and technical resources are needed," that post read.

.....Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said the cities of the Luhansk region were "the epicenter" of the hostilities. In his nightly address on Saturday, Zelensky acknowledged that more than 2,600 Ukrainian cities and towns were under Russian control.

He doesn't just talk about Trump- he talks about Biden too and the mess in this country. Says some things based in common sense.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3545580-romney-trumps-return-would-likely-make-malady-of-denial-deceit-and-distrust-in-u-s-incurable/

'President Joe Biden is a genuinely good man, but he has yet been unable to break through our national malady of denial, deceit, and distrust,” Romney wrote. “A return of Donald Trump would feed the sickness, probably rendering it incurable.”

I believe he's a genuinely good man too, but so far he has not been a good President. I always remember Obama allegedly saying "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up"

'President Joe Biden is a genuinely good man, but he has yet been unable to break through our national malady of denial, deceit, and distrust,” Romney wrote. “A return of Donald Trump would feed the sickness, probably rendering it incurable.”

I believe he's a genuinely good man too, but so far he has not been a good President. I always remember Obama allegedly saying "Don't underestimate Joe's ability to fuck things up"

Like I tell my friends and family, he did his job in getting Trump out, and he is dealing with some things that are out of his control. With that said, I don't really have an argument to say he's been a good president. Hopefully Trump will be indicted within the next year so he can't run again so we can all complain about President DeSantis in a couple years.

Like I tell my friends and family, he did his job in getting Trump out, and he is dealing with some things that are out of his control. With that said, I don't really have an argument to say he's been a good president. Hopefully Trump will be indicted within the next year so he can't run again so we can all complain about President DeSantis in a couple years.

Romney tries to blame both sides for the climate. And then falls into the bullshit of how Dems are always big spenders, wrecking the debt/deficit on these big liberal ideas.

Every single time GOP take over the executive, they wreck the economy. Every. Single. Time. Dems spend most of their terms trying to correct a mess which leads to the feeling like they don't ever get anything done for the campaign promises.

I think Biden did a great job in 2021. It's not his fault that Russia decided to start a war, that all the corrections from Covid restrictions are screwing up inflation.....and he has no control over the damn gas prices.

I would be happy if he decides near the end of the term he'd hand things off, but I'm not sure who runs in his place?

Trump and DeSantis would be the absolute worse result for the world. Trump is unhinged, where DeSantis is pure evil.

Romney tries to blame both sides for the climate. And then falls into the bullshit of how Dems are always big spenders, wrecking the debt/deficit on these big liberal ideas.

Every single time GOP take over the executive, they wreck the economy. Every. Single. Time. Dems spend most of their terms trying to correct a mess which leads to the feeling like they don't ever get anything done for the campaign promises.

I think Biden did a great job in 2021. It's not his fault that Russia decided to start a war, that all the corrections from Covid restrictions are screwing up inflation.....and he has no control over the damn gas prices.

I would be happy if he decides near the end of the term he'd hand things off, but I'm not sure who runs in his place?

Trump and DeSantis would be the absolute worse result for the world. Trump is unhinged, where DeSantis is pure evil.

I really don't think Biden would win reelection so I'm hoping he hands it off to a younger Democrat with a message that will convert voters. I don't know who that is though. Maybe Pete?

If the youngs come out and vote, the Pete is probably a good choice. But he'll run into issues when he gets to the Southern state primaries. They all were crushed in South Carolina, which is where Biden rebounded and grabbed ahold of the nomination.

Any other Dem is going to have to win over this group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom