US Politics XXXIV: Biden Against the Manchine (Live at the Sinema)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

NSBA apologizes for letter calling parents 'domestic terrorists'
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/n...alling-parents-domestic-terrorists/ar-AAPRYc7

The National School Board Association apologized for its letter to President Joe Biden calling for help from federal law enforcement to assist with “threats and violence” from parents and protesters.

The group said there was "no justification" for the language used in its Sept. 29 letter to the Biden administration calling some parents' actions "the equivalent to a form of domestic terrorism" as parents throughout the United States lock horns with school administrators over transgender policies, the use of critical race theory, and mask mandates.

“On behalf of the NSBA, we regret and apologize for the letter. To be clear, the safety of school board members, other public school officials and educators, and students is our top priority, and there remains important work to be done on this issue,” the NSBA wrote Friday evening. “However, there was no justification for some of the language included in the letter. We should have had a better process in place to allow for some consultation on a communication of this significance.”

The move followed Attorney General Merrick Garland’s testimony before the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday about his Oct. 4 memo to the FBI acting on the NSBA’s request for federal law enforcement to become involved with protesters against school boards, including invoking the Patriot Act to combat domestic terrorism. The memo raised outcry from critics who saw this as the Department of Justice accepting the labeling of parents as "domestic terrorists."

:up:

https://twitter.com/hunterw/status/1452434020810346498?s=21

Not surprising.

“I remember Marjorie Taylor Greene specifically,” the organizer says. “I remember talking to probably close to a dozen other members at one point or another or their staffs.”

“Along with Greene, the conspiratorial pro-Trump Republican from Georgia who took office earlier this year, the pair both say the members who participated in these conversations or had top staffers join in included Rep. Paul Gosar (R-Ariz.), Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.), Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-N.C.), Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas).
“We would talk to Boebert’s team, Cawthorn’s team, Gosar’s team like back to back to back to back,” says the organizer. “

“And Gosar, who has been one of the most prominent defenders of the Jan. 6 rioters, allegedly took things a step further. Both sources say he dangled the possibility of a “blanket pardon” in an unrelated ongoing investigation to encourage them to plan the protests.”

Last edited:
Why are we finding this out thru Rolling Stone and not the FBI ??

Can we bet if this was a Antifa or Muslim attack on capital that there wouldn’t be arrests in congress already (if there was collaboration) ??

the inevitable conclusion of the republican party and right wing media continuing to push falsehoods and baseless conspiracy theories is violence. probably unthinkable violence. think Oklahoma City (which was an attack by these same white nationalist militia groups that Trumpism brought into the mainstream). i really don't see any other way that this cycle ends.

it's why i don't differentiate between the QAnon loonies, who we've had our share of, and the more establishment type republicans who say they don't like it but go along with it because judges and tax cuts or some shit.

you're equally to blame. you own this. you either fight against it, or you're with it. there's no middle ground. it doesn't matter if you aren't a leftist, or disagree with progressive policies. this is bigger. if you don't disavow the loonies, you're with the loonies.

the gaslighting and pussyfooting around is putting our country in a really dangerous place. turning a blind eye to the awfulness because it helps your political agenda will lead to people dying.

like the man once said about larry - you either are or are not on board.

https://www.mediamatters.org/charli...mber-asks-charlie-kirk-when-they-can-use-guns

AUDIENCE MEMBER: You're brave. You're brave for what you say, and the fact that you stand up there and say it, and I appreciate it. I think we all appreciate it actually, because there's not a lot of people that have the balls to do it. But I want to ask you something a little bit out of the ordinary, so prepare yourself. At this point, we're living under corporate and medical fascism. This is tyranny. When do we get to use the guns? No, and I'm not — that's not a joke. I'm not saying it like that. I mean, literally, where's the line? How many elections are they going to steal before we kill these people?

CHARLIE KIRK (TURNING POINT USA FOUNDER): So, no, I – no, hold on. I – no – stop, hold on. Now, I'm going to denounce that and I'm going to tell you why. Because you're playing into all their plans and they're trying to make you do this. That's OK. Just hear me out. You started with a compliment, so at least give me a little bit. They are trying to provoke you and everyone here. They are trying to make you do something that will be violent that will justify a takeover of your freedoms and liberties, the likes of which we have never seen. We are close to have –

AUDIENCE MEMBER: They're already doing it.

KIRK: Hold on. We are close to have momentum to be able to get this country back on a trajectory using the peaceful means that we have at us. So to answer your question, and I just think it's, you know, overly blunt, we have to be the ones that do not play into the violent aims and ambitions of the other side. They fear – let me say this very clearly – they fear us holding the line with self-control and discipline, taking over school board meetings. They are the ones that are willing to use federal force against us.

And I know that people get fired up. We are living under fascism. We are living under this tyranny. But if you think for a second that they're not wanting you to all of a sudden get that next level where they're going to say, OK, we need Patriot Act 2.0. If you think that you know Waco is bad, wait until you see what they want to do next. What I'm saying is that we have a very fragile balance right now at our current time where we must exhaust every single peaceful mean possible.

I will say this, Idaho is not even started to exercise the peaceful means of state sovereignty against the federal government. Not even close. I'll give you five things Idaho could do right now. The governor of Idaho could sign an executive order that says there are no vaccine mandates for private, for public, for anyone. It's not going to happen. He could do that right now. Number two, the governor of Idaho could come out and he could say, OK, BLM, Bureau of Land Management, EPA, you're out. We're governing our own lands. We're in control of our own territories. You're out of the state of Idaho. Number three, Idaho could now – could pick and choose through the state legislature, which one of the federal laws they think actually applied to the Idaho Constitution. These things will push back against the tyranny you're talking about. A mistake would all of a sudden be getting into physical, violent confrontation. You think that this regime has all of a sudden sprung into action? Wait until they get what they want. They want that. Why would we give that to them? Follow up point.

AUDIENCE MEMBER: I just want to know, where's the line?

KIRK: The line is when we exhaust every single one of our state ability to push back against what's happening. We haven't even started. We have not even started the process of having Idaho or states like Idaho get back to self-government as our founders envisioned. They gave us state sovereignty. You outnumber the liberals like eight to one here in this state. Why don't we start to use that muscle peacefully through local government, through city council? We have even started doing that, my friend. I know you think like, oh, we have — man, not what I've seen from the state capital here in Idaho. I've seen pandering. I've seen, you know, trying to go to the middle and all this.

And so what is the line? Look, man, I think, I think we're – I think we're at the teetering edge of a regime that knows that good and decent Americans are going to get to the place in the movie Network, I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore, right? Well, guess what? Know that there's a deeper game at play. Understand the psychological warfare that's being played here. They're trying to animate you. They're trying to get you to do something that then justifies what they actually want to do. So what's the solution? We need to start to demand Idaho to be Idaho, and the federal government can stay out of the state of Idaho for most, just about everything. So thank you for being here tonight. Thank you.

Last edited:
the inevitable conclusion of the republican party and right wing media continuing to push falsehoods and baseless conspiracy theories is violence. probably unthinkable violence. think Oklahoma City (which was an attack by these same white nationalist militia groups that Trumpism brought into the mainstream). i really don't see any other way that this cycle ends.

it's why i don't differentiate between the QAnon loonies, who we've had our share of, and the more establishment type republicans who say they don't like it but go along with it because judges and tax cuts or some shit.

you're equally to blame. you own this. you either fight against it, or you're with it. there's no middle ground. it doesn't matter if you aren't a leftist, or disagree with progressive policies. this is bigger. if you don't disavow the loonies, you're with the loonies.

the gaslighting and pussyfooting around is putting our country in a really dangerous place. turning a blind eye to the awfulness because it helps your political agenda will lead to people dying.

like the man once said about larry - you either are or are not on board.

https://www.mediamatters.org/charli...mber-asks-charlie-kirk-when-they-can-use-guns

AUDIENCE MEMBER: You're brave. You're brave for what you say, and the fact that you stand up there and say it, and I appreciate it. I think we all appreciate it actually, because there's not a lot of people that have the balls to do it. But I want to ask you something a little bit out of the ordinary, so prepare yourself. At this point, we're living under corporate and medical fascism. This is tyranny. When do we get to use the guns? No, and I'm not — that's not a joke. I'm not saying it like that. I mean, literally, where's the line? How many elections are they going to steal before we kill these people?

CHARLIE KIRK (TURNING POINT USA FOUNDER): So, no, I – no, hold on. I – no – stop, hold on. Now, I'm going to denounce that and I'm going to tell you why. Because you're playing into all their plans and they're trying to make you do this. That's OK. Just hear me out. You started with a compliment, so at least give me a little bit. They are trying to provoke you and everyone here. They are trying to make you do something that will be violent that will justify a takeover of your freedoms and liberties, the likes of which we have never seen. We are close to have –

AUDIENCE MEMBER: They're already doing it.

KIRK: Hold on. We are close to have momentum to be able to get this country back on a trajectory using the peaceful means that we have at us. So to answer your question, and I just think it's, you know, overly blunt, we have to be the ones that do not play into the violent aims and ambitions of the other side. They fear – let me say this very clearly – they fear us holding the line with self-control and discipline, taking over school board meetings. They are the ones that are willing to use federal force against us.

And I know that people get fired up. We are living under fascism. We are living under this tyranny. But if you think for a second that they're not wanting you to all of a sudden get that next level where they're going to say, OK, we need Patriot Act 2.0. If you think that you know Waco is bad, wait until you see what they want to do next. What I'm saying is that we have a very fragile balance right now at our current time where we must exhaust every single peaceful mean possible.

I will say this, Idaho is not even started to exercise the peaceful means of state sovereignty against the federal government. Not even close. I'll give you five things Idaho could do right now. The governor of Idaho could sign an executive order that says there are no vaccine mandates for private, for public, for anyone. It's not going to happen. He could do that right now. Number two, the governor of Idaho could come out and he could say, OK, BLM, Bureau of Land Management, EPA, you're out. We're governing our own lands. We're in control of our own territories. You're out of the state of Idaho. Number three, Idaho could now – could pick and choose through the state legislature, which one of the federal laws they think actually applied to the Idaho Constitution. These things will push back against the tyranny you're talking about. A mistake would all of a sudden be getting into physical, violent confrontation. You think that this regime has all of a sudden sprung into action? Wait until they get what they want. They want that. Why would we give that to them? Follow up point.

AUDIENCE MEMBER: I just want to know, where's the line?

KIRK: The line is when we exhaust every single one of our state ability to push back against what's happening. We haven't even started. We have not even started the process of having Idaho or states like Idaho get back to self-government as our founders envisioned. They gave us state sovereignty. You outnumber the liberals like eight to one here in this state. Why don't we start to use that muscle peacefully through local government, through city council? We have even started doing that, my friend. I know you think like, oh, we have — man, not what I've seen from the state capital here in Idaho. I've seen pandering. I've seen, you know, trying to go to the middle and all this.

And so what is the line? Look, man, I think, I think we're – I think we're at the teetering edge of a regime that knows that good and decent Americans are going to get to the place in the movie Network, I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take it anymore, right? Well, guess what? Know that there's a deeper game at play. Understand the psychological warfare that's being played here. They're trying to animate you. They're trying to get you to do something that then justifies what they actually want to do. So what's the solution? We need to start to demand Idaho to be Idaho, and the federal government can stay out of the state of Idaho for most, just about everything. So thank you for being here tonight. Thank you.

I think we're closer to a civil war than most people realize.

I think we're closer to a civil war than most people realize.

so grandpa, how did democracy end?

well it's complicated, sonny, but there are two common threads. some guy at harvard was angry witn an ex-girlfriend and created a website to rank the hotness of girls, and a two bit huckster was given a game show that made him look like a wealthy businessman.

the rest, my boy, is history.

We already are there.

We have red/hate states fighting every law the Feds push down (and if GQP were in charge the Blue states would do the same thing)

So you’ve got confederate, rust belt, and PNW country States openly calling the Feds tyrants and won’t follow the law because LIBS!!! And FREEDOM!!!

Texas is basically an apartheid country on its own, and Florida isn’t far behind.

January sixth was a declaration of war, MTG and others have openly stated the goal was to overthrow the government if Pence didn’t do it peacefully.

We have Harvard and Law educated people in Congress openly lying and acting in bad faith yet no punishment from bar association or those schools. Constitutional law degrees and they’re doing everything they can to dismantle it.

And for what? A giant orange man-baby who has ruined his life and all those he comes in contact with because of his greed and corruption. His daddy gave him a head start and he blew it. Turned to Russian mafia and is now owned by them (and Saudis)

Even if Trump were to disappear hes jumpstarted a movement. You have the confederate bunch, libertarian, and now with anti vax , the rich yoga / holistic health communities coming together.

Yet still, they are a minority.

I get why Biden is fighting so hard for BBB, but the failure of this republic is inability to protect the institutions with Voting Right Laws.

Maybe the good guys do outwork and outvote the bad guys again. The truth is both sides have to thread a needle due to voter suppression.

2022, and especially 2024 is going to be even more challenging, needing even larger turnout for Dems to hold on to power. And even if they do we all have to assume there will be violence.

And agree that the Internet and specificity FB has now given a voice to morons that never would have been heard.

Or for a “hot or not” beginnings

Voices coming out of the Führerbunker sound quite pleased with Cruz' enthusiastic defence of the "Nazi salute".

oh, swell. tucker carlson is putting out a movie - featuring ali alexander mind you - about how january 6 was a false flag and they're so not white nationalists that's just the libs being mean.

like - how can fox news even have any sponsorships left?

How does Fox have any employees left who aren’t it’s prime time fascist lineup?

Foxnews also ran a promo with Garland hearing on school boards…with imagines of crosshairs on parents at these meetings.

And i agree that it’s better to pass this watered down bill and hope to get these things added in future. But to rain on that, Dems won in 2006 based on prescription drug price reform and we still don’t have that legislation

Still, the Dems need to message so much better after this thing passes.

Covid relief
Vaccination success
Economy booming
BBB

In less than one year.

Compared to 2016-2020 Trump
2017 Tax Cut
Hundreds of thousands of dead and still many more hurt by illness.

The GOP exist to destroy government, whether they are in charge or not

https://twitter.com/senatedems/status/1453429994802360321?s=21

This policy seems more than reasonable at some agreed upon rate. No matter what happens with the current dual spending bills.

Corporate minimum tax proposal unveiled by key Senate Democrats as Biden social bill comes together
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/26/corporate-minimum-tax-proposal-unveiled-by-key-senate-democrats.html

According to a release from the senators, the corporate minimum tax would:

Apply only to companies that publicly report more than $1 billion in profits annually for a three year time period.
Create an across-the-board 15% minimum tax on those profits.
Preserve “the value of business credits – including R&D, clean energy, and housing tax credits – and include some flexibilities for companies to carry forward losses, utilize foreign tax credits, and claim a minimum tax credit against regular tax in future years.”

This policy seems more than reasonable at some agreed upon rate. No matter what happens with the current dual spending bills.

Corporate minimum tax proposal unveiled by key Senate Democrats as Biden social bill comes together
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/26/corporate-minimum-tax-proposal-unveiled-by-key-senate-democrats.html

According to a release from the senators, the corporate minimum tax would:

Apply only to companies that publicly report more than $1 billion in profits annually for a three year time period.
Create an across-the-board 15% minimum tax on those profits.
Preserve “the value of business credits – including R&D, clean energy, and housing tax credits – and include some flexibilities for companies to carry forward losses, utilize foreign tax credits, and claim a minimum tax credit against regular tax in future years.”

agreed. let's get it passed, folks.

At least our president is consistent, even overseas.

Biden appears to use prepared list of reporters after G20 summit in Rome: 'I'm told we should start with AP'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-tells-press-after-g20-summit-rome-im-told-to-start-with-ap

"And now I’m happy to take some questions. And I’m told I should start with AP, Zeke Miller," Biden said.
Biden has previously alluded to the idea that he had a list of pre-approved reporters to call on back in June following his Geneva visit with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
"I’ll take your questions, and as usual, folks, they gave me a list of the people I’m going to call on," Biden told the press.

.......This began what many people viewed as evidence that Biden is not actually in charge of when or where he can take questions from the press. He has frequently garnered criticism from journalists on both political parties for ignoring questions and refusing to respond to ongoing issues.

Chuck Todd Debuts ‘Shocking’ New NBC Poll Showing 71 PERCENT Believe US is on Wrong Track
https://www.mediaite.com/news/chuck...s-is-on-wrong-track-scary-news-for-democrats/

^ Even this guy Chuck Todd reporting a little from Realville now.

And it’s a state that has gone Blue last couple of elections but if a Trump wannabe in place who knows how 2024 will go.

youngkin isn't a trump wanna be. let's be clear on that. he just isn't. this isn't desantis.

what he's trying to do is run two separate campaigns - when he's in NoVA he's moderate business guy, and when he's down south he's the wink wink trumpy guy.

he's generic moderate republican who is too cowardly to stand up to trump but also doesn't want to fully embrace him and lose the DC suburbs.

and it's working, because McAuliffe is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom