US Politics XXXIV: Biden Against the Manchine (Live at the Sinema)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case reflects something uniquely American — crimes and deaths that occur for no other reason than our society is awash in guns, and they are so often in the hands of fools and idiots who have no business owning them.

I hope we get a verdict soon so the judge can take Kyle fishing this weekend

I hope we get a verdict soon so the judge can take Kyle fishing this weekend

shoot-fish-machine-gun.gif

This case reflects something uniquely American — crimes and deaths that occur for no other reason than our society is awash in guns, and they are so often in the hands of fools and idiots who have no business owning them.

Yep- and you need look no further than the black-on-black violence in Chicago on any given weekend. Guns there have injured and killed more children than COVID could ever dream to. But nobody cares.

Yep- and you need look no further than the black-on-black violence in Chicago on any given weekend. Guns there have injured and killed more children than COVID could ever dream to. But nobody cares.

I really dislike the term “black-on-black” violence.

It’s just violence.

I really dislike the term “black-on-black” violence.

It’s just violence.

Agreed. Socioeconomic status is a side effect, not a cause. I think it’s perfectly fine a term to use when using the information appropriately to quantify and qualify where and why crimes occurred, but no more so than any other race/ethnicity. Perhaps inter-community violence or crime is more appropriate though.

It is still important to be able to identify it if we want to know where we need to help fix socioeconomically. It’s not acceptable to use the term so as to suggest black people have the potential to be more violent than other races/ethnicities.

It was the verdict most experts were predicting. It does go to show the new rules — if you are armed, and go out looking for trouble with that gun and someone reacts negatively to you being armed and you feel a sense of threat because of the reaction your gun has provoked, you can shoot and kill said person with that gun.

That’s how it works now. Ask George Zimmerman.

This verdict isn’t about race, really; although if Kyle were black surely we’d have a different outcome. But it is about guns.

We have a heavily armed citizenry who are too incompetent and incapable to be trusted with these weapons.

But this is what folks vote for.

Also, more massive legislation passed by Biden and Pelosi. Democrats in disarray!

Did Trump get anything passed other than a massive tax cut for himself?

The one where the minor got away with a charge for illegally carrying a weapon as a minor.
The fact that lesser charges weren’t brought forth is extremely disheartening.

The one where the minor got away with a charge for illegally carrying a weapon as a minor.
The fact that lesser charges weren’t brought forth is extremely disheartening.

Yep.

I mean just think about it.
A 17 year old crosses state lines with an assault rifle, kills two people, maims a third, all caught on video, so no question as to whether or not he was the shooter...and he gets zero punishment.
How in the fuck does that compute?

You're talking about one of the misdemeanor charges, dismissed four days ago and before closing arguments.

The judge dismissed it for a reason, obviously, but I hear ya.

You're talking about one of the misdemeanor charges, dismissed four days ago and before closing arguments.

The judge dismissed it for a reason, obviously, but I hear ya.

I am referring to that charge, yes. Why do you think it was dismissed for a reason? Some nonsensically worded provision on a law that permits shotguns and rifles for underage individuals? Precedence is not on his side. Many people get convicted on interpretation of intent of a law by a judge, and this should have been no exception.

When you zero in on the micro detail of each shooting, a not guilty verdict makes sense.

When looking at the overall picture the verdict comes across as legalising vigilante justice. Another one for the ‘America is fucked’ column.

People like this need to be conscripted and sent off to the next country America starts a war with.

People like this need to be conscripted and sent off to the next country America starts a war with.

Don't think inflicting an absolute nutter of a kid on innocent civilians in the Global South is a great idea!

https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/1461669571392417792?s=21

This is all geared for 2024. I hope BBB is enough to entice voters for 2022 to maybe get some voting rights passed before then.

Assuming Manchin doesn’t sink BBB. I assume Dems wouldn’t have passed it in the house if he was a strong NO

As for Rittenhouse this seems to have been the verdict before he even went to trial. Throw in a judge who seemed to show obvious bias and at best total lack of professionalism, but KR was gonna get off. I’m glad there has been zero violence after. I do worry about future protests, but those seem geared more when GQP has power.

The GA case appears more to do with race and if those guys don’t face justice it could be the spark the Right seems to want

As for Rittenhouse this seems to have been the verdict before he even went to trial. Throw in a judge who seemed to show obvious bias and at best total lack of professionalism, but KR was gonna get off.

the prosecution did one of the worst botch jobs since the OJ trial. they were so bad that there was no possible way that the jury (remember the judge didn't decide the verdict, although yes he was obviously very biased) could have found him guilty of anything after they threw out the illegal weapon charge.

Everybody does need to ease up a bit on dumb decisions that dumb prick kids make and be more accepting such as in the case of that prick Nicholas Sandman. They’re just kids.
But, you know, this dumb prick kid’s dumb decision killed a couple of people, so, yeah, he needed to be imprisoned.

Good morning friends.

Just wanted to say “Self Defense! Not guilty! You’re all sheep for taking the vaccine! Fauci lied! And Let’s Go Brandon!

Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom