US Politics XXXIV: Biden Against the Manchine (Live at the Sinema) - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-05-2021, 11:03 AM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,267
Local Time: 08:52 AM
A messaging problem? Can't be. I thought blatant racism and calling anyone who disagreed with you a white supremacist was a surefire winner.
__________________

2861U2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 11:16 AM   #142
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,134
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
A messaging problem? Can't be. I thought blatant racism and calling anyone who disagreed with you a white supremacist was a surefire winner.
some of this is unavoidable.

yes, it's bad to call large swaths of people racist. but trump, ya know, was super racist. and blatantly so. so what do we say about people who supported him?

it's bad to call large swaths of people dumb. but, ya know, boebert, taylor greene and gaetz (oh my). so what do we say about those who support them? or people who follow Q? hundreds of people gathered on the grassy knoll just this week expecting that JFK Jr. would reappear. that's fucking crazy. how do we not say that it's crazy?

is america racist? yes. is it good politically to say america is racist? no.

is america dumb? good god yes. is it good politically to say america is dumb? hell no.

should parents have a say over curriculum? fuck no. is it harmful politically to say that they shouldn't? yep!

should fire fighters be fired over not taking a vaccine? god, of course! is it harmful politically to say that fire fighters should be fired? would appear so.

it's a a riddle wrapped up in a conundrum or whatever the fuck the saying is.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:19 PM   #143
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,460
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
https://twitter.com/stuartpstevens/s...891723779?s=21

We also have a media problem that seems to downplay or ignore the progress made in 10 months, continues to give liars free advertising, and ultimately wants there to be division as it makes for compelling television


Ding ding ding! The media isn’t liberal — it’s pro-ratings. It loves drama.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:42 PM   #144
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,460
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
some of this is unavoidable.

yes, it's bad to call large swaths of people racist. but trump, ya know, was super racist. and blatantly so. so what do we say about people who supported him?

it's bad to call large swaths of people dumb. but, ya know, boebert, taylor greene and gaetz (oh my). so what do we say about those who support them? or people who follow Q? hundreds of people gathered on the grassy knoll just this week expecting that JFK Jr. would reappear. that's fucking crazy. how do we not say that it's crazy?

is america racist? yes. is it good politically to say america is racist? no.

is america dumb? good god yes. is it good politically to say america is dumb? hell no.

should parents have a say over curriculum? fuck no. is it harmful politically to say that they shouldn't? yep!

should fire fighters be fired over not taking a vaccine? god, of course! is it harmful politically to say that fire fighters should be fired? would appear so.

it's a a riddle wrapped up in a conundrum or whatever the fuck the saying is.




The most basic explanation is that the pandemic is not over, and it’s Joe Biden’s pandemic now.

Despite administering 220m shots and an economy now functioning at near full employment.

Expensive gas and groceries don’t help either.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:58 PM   #145
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,267
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

Expensive gas and groceries don’t help either.
Especially when you laugh at high gas prices (Jennifer Granholm), dismiss supply chain issues (Jen "treadmill" Psaki) and mock a family with numerous adopted children over their concerns of rising milk prices (Jonathan Chait).

Hey, it's sure nice to have the adults running things again though, guys. I can't imagine why these people are increasingly not being taken seriously.
2861U2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 01:00 PM   #146
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,134
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
Especially when you laugh at high gas prices (Jennifer Granholm), dismiss supply chain issues (Jen "treadmill" Psaki) and mock a family with numerous adopted children over their concerns of rising milk prices (Jonathan Chait).

Hey, it's sure nice to have the adults running things again though, guys. I can't imagine why these people are increasingly not being taken seriously.
i mean the last guy dismissed a fucking pandemic, but sure, apples to apples.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 01:40 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,899
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Yeah, hundreds of thousands dead, but sure, gas and groceries are the same level.
phanan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 01:58 PM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
2861U2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: watching the Cubs
Posts: 4,267
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Who said they were on the same level? I'm saying the contempt and lack of self-awareness on these dinner table issues is astounding.

And on the subject of COVID, what doesn't help is Biden coughing into his right hand and then shaking hands with people. Or Harris (while wearing a mask) walking towards a group of students to then take off her mask and start touching them. Or Pelosi holding a fancy, snobby fundraiser in Napa with no social distancing or masks- because, you know, they're better than you. The level of self-inflicted ridicule, mockery and distrust is unreal.

And if you disagree with me, you're a white supremacist.
2861U2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:39 PM   #149
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,460
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
Yeah, hundreds of thousands dead, but sure, gas and groceries are the same level.


I’m not agreeing at all with this calculation, but this is the calculation that is being made. It must be contended with.

“CRT” is an imaginary fear, like Centeal American caravans or E-bola spreading in the US. But we need to realize that, not only have a significant portion of Americans subjected themselves willingly to propaganda both foreign and domestic, the Internet has made it hard for some possibly well-intentioned folks to distinguish between the truth and a lie.

And objectively smart people. Like, I know people with degrees and executive positions who are worried about the vaccine causing infertility. Or who will say with confidence that Ivermectin worked in India and now India is covid-free. But the “mainstream media” doesn’t want you to know this.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 02:44 PM   #150
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,441
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Anybody who suggests that the “‘mainstream media” doesn’t want you to know about a lifesaving drug miracle story is not a smart person.
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 03:27 PM   #151
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,460
Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Anybody who suggests that the “‘mainstream media” doesn’t want you to know about a lifesaving drug miracle story is not a smart person.


You should hear them talk about spike proteins.

I don’t know what to say. Other than political biases lead to a lot of wishful thinking lead to a lot of confirmation bias and the treasure hunt to find what you want to hear reaffirms the “I’m a smart person doing my own research.”

I’m saying that we have a real problem here that can’t be dismissed as “you’re dumb.” Even if they are being dumb.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 03:31 PM   #152
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,441
Local Time: 09:52 AM
I agree with the sentiment. Just wanted to throw shade at anyone who employs that sort of logic. That’s 10/10 someone who thinks they’re smart but doesn’t realize they’ve lost their marbles.

But yes I do agree that dismissiveness is not productive and people are not as binary as our political parties are.
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 03:32 PM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,508
Local Time: 01:52 PM
Once someone goes down that rabbit hole it’s really hard to pull them out

Big Pharma doesn’t want you to be cured!!!

The media doesn’t want you to know that injecting Off Bug Spray cures many forms of cancer!!!

It all leads towards the same conclusion, Satanic Jews controlling us all.

Soylent Green!!!!

Just try to hang in there for another 10-20 years and we’ll all be living in the Metaverse

I had direct contact with someone who thinks exactly like this. There’s no coming back for them, they think they are on some biblical journey (even if they don’t believe in a god) that ends with some sort of The Stand type ending. Good vs evil

And now they have Aaron Rodgers to lead them
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 03:43 PM   #154
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,441
Local Time: 09:52 AM
I mean… there’s good reason to believe that “big pharma” is “corrupt” - there’s good reason to believe your drug prices are more expensive than they need to be, all in the name of capitalism. There’s good reason to believe they only develop drugs if they’re going to be profitable.

But, like the irv said, media is just interested in drama and ratings. Big pharma has little to do with that.

“The truth” will always find its way out. No exception for pharmaceuticals. If there was something nefarious, the big liberal bias of chemistry PhDs working for these companies would be chirping.
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 04:01 PM   #155
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,134
Local Time: 08:52 AM
i get my medical advice from my good friend Joe Rogan's podcast.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 05:28 PM   #156
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,508
Local Time: 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I mean… there’s good reason to believe that “big pharma” is “corrupt” - there’s good reason to believe your drug prices are more expensive than they need to be, all in the name of capitalism. There’s good reason to believe they only develop drugs if they’re going to be profitable.

But, like the irv said, media is just interested in drama and ratings. Big pharma has little to do with that.

“The truth” will always find its way out. No exception for pharmaceuticals. If there was something nefarious, the big liberal bias of chemistry PhDs working for these companies would be chirping.


Oh i think they’re corrupt. They’re greedy, and they line the pockets of officials to keep prices and profits high.

It’s more the “they secretly want everyone to get cancer so they can deny the drugs to them” or some weird shit

It’s simple. They want $$$
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:17 PM   #157
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,134
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Yes. American companies want money.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 07:11 AM   #158
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,134
Local Time: 08:52 AM
Hey, the Democrats actually passed something!

And it's infrastructure week!
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 08:33 AM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,508
Local Time: 01:52 PM
https://twitter.com/hugolowell/statu...390043653?s=21

These guys are good at mocking our legal system.

At some point can they be called on their bullshit ??

I know justice can take some time but whatever happened to the cases in NY, GA?

How is it Trump can always run out the clock, and his lawyer Michael Cohen ends up being in prison ?

The guy breaks countless laws while President and nothing ever happens.

You want people to care, then there needs to be justice.
BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 10:10 AM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,508
Local Time: 01:52 PM
https://twitter.com/eliehonig/status...323382277?s=21

https://twitter.com/eliehonig/status...755466757?s=21
__________________

BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×