US Politics XXXIV: Biden Against the Manchine (Live at the Sinema)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess the crazy part for me is that we are all wanting these to be normal times. They are not. I’m not even sure there really is hope to salvage what we’ve all grown up with.

The wheels of justice do turn slowly but this is not the time for them to do so. I do not want, and do not support using the DOJ as a means to attack and indict your political opponents.

Fuck me tho, Bannon’s case is pretty damn clear. He’s nearly at a month of ignoring a congressional subpoena and our AG has done nothing. You think Billy Barr would have taken this long or done nothing ?

There’s zero reason for Mark Meadows to comply today.

Do we think if BLM had invaded and attacked the US Capital they’d be getting probation or small sentences ? We still have no accountability from those who organized it, and with Trump leading the way why would any of them turn themselves in?

They are all banking on one thing, get a new Congress which will drop the committee. Get the GOP in the executive so pardons can be issued if anyone does get charged before 2022

It’s madness.

People keep talking about civil war and we’re already there. It’s just a Cold Civil War at the moment. Every single GQP State defies Federal law at the moment. Covid Mandates or Restrictions, Banning CRT (The dumbest one of all), Banning Abortion, cutting Medicaid and Employment Benefits, and of course loosening whatever is left of Gun laws.

Throw in a minority party that refuses to govern, and when those in that party vote with the majority they are treated as traitors and need additional security from death threats. All for passing legislation that would help the very people who voted for them.

It’s completely tribal now and the only thing that matters is winning and losing. To give no inch to the other side. Dems still trying to politic like it’s 1990 and it’ll cost them.

I don’t see how this country doesn’t dissolve over the next few decades into what happened to Soviet Union. There’s no way people will come together and reverse this course.

https://twitter.com/freedlander/status/1458820015394861060?s=21

I know it’s cute to let the man baby have his fun but isn’t this a crime as well ?

How big of an uproar if Obama was still conducting foreign policy during the last four years ?

it's not a crime. it's sad and pathetic that he's still acting as president, but it's no more than a crime than my 3 year old pretending to be a garbage man is.

he has no actual power. if other governments take him in, that's on them. he's not president, he's not president elect, he's a sad and pathetic blob that's just biding his time before his arteries harden so much that he keels over.

Republicans gonna Republican!

Let’s blame Democrats for our anti-democratic slide and not the people who are willing to lie, cheat, steal, etc.

It’s completely tribal now and the only thing that matters is winning and losing. To give no inch to the other side. Dems still trying to politic like it’s 1990 and it’ll cost them.

I don’t see how this country doesn’t dissolve over the next few decades into what happened to Soviet Union. There’s no way people will come together and reverse this course.

Closing arguments in the Rittenhouse trial scheduled for the first of the week....

Thank fuck something came about with Bannon. I do wonder if he’ll talk to try to lesson charges ? The dude and others set up the attack on our capital.

Mark Meadows has to be sweating a little bit more now.

This gives me a little more hope for 2022 but I’d like to see the voting rights bill pass to really believe we aren’t sliding into the abyss.

We still have issue with large swath of population being compete idiots. Know this could go into the pandemic thread but people are taking Borax cleaning agent to undo the vaccine properties….

As for Rittenhouse, how bad has this judge been in previous cases when there’s no camera on ?

The judge said the magic words in the case. You can consider lesser charges.
Pipe dream for the prosecution to ever Think they were getting murder 1 with both sides armed.

Hi local lawmakers, whoever scheduled a half marathon this morning in the district and failed to notify Google or Apple can eat a dick

Hi local lawmakers, whoever scheduled a half marathon this morning in the district and failed to notify Google or Apple can eat a dick
We live a block south of the start/end of the 5K and the end of the half marathon.

When they ran this shit in 2019 they left notes on our door telling us about the road closures.

This year they didn't leave shit. If a friend of ours wasn't a runner (and thus told us about it) we wouldn't have even known.

DC sucks.

We live a block south of the start/end of the 5K and the end of the half marathon.

When they ran this shit in 2019 they left notes on our door telling us about the road closures.

This year they didn't leave shit. If a friend of ours wasn't a runner (and thus told us about it) we wouldn't have even known.

DC sucks.

Glad to know my frustration wasn’t just my own unawareness.
If I hadn’t left early to meet up with a friend, that might’ve made me miss my flight.

Which, maybe you’ll wanna hear what’s new at DCA as of this past Tuesday. Terminal 35X is no more, and the entire concourse is now behind security. Ticketing is the only area that is in front of security. Security is frustratingly at the far ends of the airport and no more security in the center. Good news though is AA managed to hold me up for two hours and we still beat the NE regional by a few hours.

Ukraine says Russia amassed 100K troops near border, Blinken raises 'real concerns' of invasion
https://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-says-russia-amassed-100k-144150808.html

"We're very concerned about some of the irregular movements of forces that we see on Ukraine's borders," Blinken said Friday. "I can't speak to Russia's intentions. We don't know what they are, but we do know that we've seen in the past Russia mass forces on Ukraine's borders."

Blinken warned that Russia could claim "some kind of provocation" and then invade, following a plan that led them to establish control of Crimea in 2014. The U.S. remains in "close consultation" with its European allies as it continues to monitor the situation.

"I can just say that based on the past, we have real concerns about what we’re seeing in the present," Blinken explained. "And it would be a serious mistake for Russia to engage in a repeat of what it did in 2014."

also there's no context to that 100k number. we have no idea if this is an increase of 5,000 troops or 85,000. and what does "amassed" mean? are these soldiers sitting around in their barracks and maintaining vehicles on base 100 miles from the frontier or are they digging trenches near the border?

and this is the president of the ukraine claiming all of this. it seems to me that he's being an alarmist to try to get more military aid from the americans. the russians are not preparing to invade ukraine.

fbbbaba8-3fbc-4569-bfbb-1533da7a92ad_text.gif

also there's no context to that 100k number. we have no idea if this is an increase of 5,000 troops or 85,000. and what does "amassed" mean? are these soldiers sitting around in their barracks and maintaining vehicles on base 100 miles from the frontier or are they digging trenches near the border?

and this is the president of the ukraine claiming all of this. it seems to me that he's being an alarmist to try to get more military aid from the americans. the russians are not preparing to invade ukraine.

Would be an outrageously dumb move given the extent of the Covid crisis in Russia.

The judge said the magic words in the case. You can consider lesser charges.
Pipe dream for the prosecution to ever Think they were getting murder 1 with both sides armed.

A mistrial with prejudice would not go over well in Kenosha....

but neither would any verdict favoring Kyle Rittenhouse.

Sad situation all around.

Agreed. That situation is fucked. The fact that the judge dismissed the misdemeanor charge for carrying the weapon underage is bonkers. Real justice here is having laws and enforcing them. Can you say for certain that kid went and killed those people premeditated? Absolutely not. Can you say for certain he obtained and possessed that weapon illegally? Absolutely.

Ass backwards system we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom