US Politics XXXIV: Biden Against the Manchine (Live at the Sinema)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody who suggests that the “‘mainstream media” doesn’t want you to know about a lifesaving drug miracle story is not a smart person.

You should hear them talk about spike proteins.

I don’t know what to say. Other than political biases lead to a lot of wishful thinking lead to a lot of confirmation bias and the treasure hunt to find what you want to hear reaffirms the “I’m a smart person doing my own research.”

I’m saying that we have a real problem here that can’t be dismissed as “you’re dumb.” Even if they are being dumb.

I agree with the sentiment. Just wanted to throw shade at anyone who employs that sort of logic. That’s 10/10 someone who thinks they’re smart but doesn’t realize they’ve lost their marbles.

But yes I do agree that dismissiveness is not productive and people are not as binary as our political parties are.

Once someone goes down that rabbit hole it’s really hard to pull them out

Big Pharma doesn’t want you to be cured!!!

The media doesn’t want you to know that injecting Off Bug Spray cures many forms of cancer!!!

It all leads towards the same conclusion, Satanic Jews controlling us all.

Soylent Green!!!!

Just try to hang in there for another 10-20 years and we’ll all be living in the Metaverse

I had direct contact with someone who thinks exactly like this. There’s no coming back for them, they think they are on some biblical journey (even if they don’t believe in a god) that ends with some sort of The Stand type ending. Good vs evil

And now they have Aaron Rodgers to lead them ;)

I mean… there’s good reason to believe that “big pharma” is “corrupt” - there’s good reason to believe your drug prices are more expensive than they need to be, all in the name of capitalism. There’s good reason to believe they only develop drugs if they’re going to be profitable.

But, like the irv said, media is just interested in drama and ratings. Big pharma has little to do with that.

“The truth” will always find its way out. No exception for pharmaceuticals. If there was something nefarious, the big liberal bias of chemistry PhDs working for these companies would be chirping.

I mean… there’s good reason to believe that “big pharma” is “corrupt” - there’s good reason to believe your drug prices are more expensive than they need to be, all in the name of capitalism. There’s good reason to believe they only develop drugs if they’re going to be profitable.

But, like the irv said, media is just interested in drama and ratings. Big pharma has little to do with that.

“The truth” will always find its way out. No exception for pharmaceuticals. If there was something nefarious, the big liberal bias of chemistry PhDs working for these companies would be chirping.

Oh i think they’re corrupt. They’re greedy, and they line the pockets of officials to keep prices and profits high.

It’s more the “they secretly want everyone to get cancer so they can deny the drugs to them” or some weird shit

It’s simple. They want $$$

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1456689436390043653?s=21

These guys are good at mocking our legal system.

At some point can they be called on their bullshit ??

I know justice can take some time but whatever happened to the cases in NY, GA?

How is it Trump can always run out the clock, and his lawyer Michael Cohen ends up being in prison ?

The guy breaks countless laws while President and nothing ever happens.

You want people to care, then there needs to be justice.

Or maybe there's a president who doesn't influence DOJ and a DOJ that doesn't leak like a sieve.

Or what that guy said. Who knows?

Or doesn’t even think in terms of “my justice department” and “my lawyers” … or “my generals” for that matter.

It’s still a better world than was a year ago.

Expensive gas and groceries don’t help either.

Biden Shutting Down Line 5 Pipeline Could Send Gas Prices Surging
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...line-could-send-gas-prices-surging/ar-AAQsK9X

Line 5 pipeline could be under threat due to the White House exploring the potential impact on fuel prices in the region, according to a recent Politico report, amid a drive to reduce the U.S.'s dependence on fossil fuels.

The line, which delivers Canadian crude oil and natural gas from Alberta to Ontario through Wisconsin, the Great Lakes and Michigan, has operated since 1953 and currently transports about 540,000 barrels per day.

.........Line 5 has come under fire from Michigan's Democrat Governor Gretchen Whitmer in recent years; however, the issue moved up the White House's agenda after Canada's decision to invoke the 1977 Pipeline Transit treaty a month ago to ensure the line's continued operation, according to Politico.

The White House will quietly step back from this fossil fuel fight with our neighbours to the north. You would think.

Biden's vaccine mandate for companies temporarily halted by federal appeals
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-temporarily-halted-federal-appeals-n1283403

WASHINGTON - A U.S. federal appeals court issued a stay Saturday freezing the Biden administration's efforts to require workers at U.S. companies with at least 100 employees be vaccinated against Covid-19 or be tested weekly, citing "grave statutory and constitutional" issues with the rule.

......In a statement, Solicitor of Labor Seema Nanda said the Labor Department was "confident in its legal authority" to issue the rule, which will be enforced by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

"The Occupational Safety and Health Act explicitly gives OSHA the authority to act quickly in an emergency where the agency finds that workers are subjected to a grave danger and a new standard is necessary to protect them," she said. "We are fully prepared to defend this standard in court.”

Biden's vaccine mandate for companies temporarily halted by federal appeals
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-temporarily-halted-federal-appeals-n1283403

WASHINGTON - A U.S. federal appeals court issued a stay Saturday freezing the Biden administration's efforts to require workers at U.S. companies with at least 100 employees be vaccinated against Covid-19 or be tested weekly, citing "grave statutory and constitutional" issues with the rule.

......In a statement, Solicitor of Labor Seema Nanda said the Labor Department was "confident in its legal authority" to issue the rule, which will be enforced by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

"The Occupational Safety and Health Act explicitly gives OSHA the authority to act quickly in an emergency where the agency finds that workers are subjected to a grave danger and a new standard is necessary to protect them," she said. "We are fully prepared to defend this standard in court.”

oh the most conservative court in america had a problem with it. here's my surprised face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom