US Politics XXXIV: Biden Against the Manchine (Live at the Sinema)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually didn't think I could get any more disillusioned or angered by the GOP and the right wing propaganda machine that is Fox News after the previous administration - but this whole "groomer" thing that they've settled on has taken me to a new level of anger that I didn't know I had left after the exhaustion of the other guy.

I’m struggling to grapple with how the fact of my existence is a threat to children, and that people think this belief is fine and good and a reasonable basis upon which to create policy.

Biden has told Obama he’s running again
https://thehill.com/news/administration/3272281-biden-has-told-obama-hes-running-again/

President Biden has told former President Obama that he is planning to run for reelection in 2024, two sources tell The Hill.

...Barbara Perry, director of presidential studies at the University of Virginia’s Miller Center, noted that a handful of modern presidents have recovered from challenging times to successfully seek reelection, including former Presidents George W. Bush, Clinton and Obama.

...“Biden is the best choice, but there’s a concern that the Democrats don’t have a strong bench,” said Smikle, who added that there are still broader worries about Biden’s standing with younger voters and dampened enthusiasm.

Smikle also argued that the Democrats aren’t doing enough to groom Harris to be the next standard-bearer of the party after Biden leaves office.

“Is she being used to push out Democrats’ messaging effectively in key areas? A lot of Democrats don’t see it but would welcome it,” he said.

The source familiar with the talks between Biden and Obama said, meanwhile, that many Democrats are skeptical of Harris’s chances of winning in 2024. “People think she has no shot, which has to keep him as the guy.”

I actually didn't think I could get any more disillusioned or angered by the GOP and the right wing propaganda machine that is Fox News after the previous administration - but this whole "groomer" thing that they've settled on has taken me to a new level of anger that I didn't know I had left after the exhaustion of the other guy.

Well, hey, they have to do something to try and distract from Matt Gaetz, who's currently under investigation for sex trafficking involving underage girls, or Jim Jordan, who allowed sexual abuse to happen on his watch, or Trump, who has numerous sexual assault allegations against him, and who was known to "walk into" the dressing rooms of teenage contestants in the Miss Teen USA pageant. And I'm sure there's plenty other GOP members who would belong on this list as well that I'm forgetting.

This is basically the "Gay marriage will ruin the sanctity of marriage, but please ignore my own sex scandals!" bullshit the GOP pulled a decade or so ago, but on steroids. It's absolutely disgusting, but knowing the batshit crazy nonsense QAnon and others like them have been spouting with this "Satanic pedophile ring" crap, I'm sadly not all that surprised. I can only hope that enough voters will be turned off by this insanity and will show up in droves to kick these assholes out come November.

Eagerly awaiting Republican condemnation of the state of Florida punishing corporations for having the wrong politics.

Corporations are people, too.

Eagerly awaiting Republican condemnation of the state of Florida punishing corporations for having the wrong politics.

Corporations are people, too.

Was reading that DeSantis' little stick it to Disney move will force Orange County to be responsible for over a billion in bond debt that Disney/Reedy Creek Improvement District currently owes.
Will cost the average family in the county between $2,200 and $2,800 in added tax burden.
Very republican philosophy.

Until there’s actual consequences, lying under oath isn’t going to scare them. Or planning and guiding a insurrection

i-dont-even-remember-that-butters-stotch.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom