US Politics XXXIV: Biden Against the Manchine (Live at the Sinema)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Russian / GOP talking point is that Fauci has a bunch of labs in Ukraine. Putin AND Trump knew about it which is why the bombs had to start dropping.

All of this is on Hunter’s laptop

Given how careful Russia has been with Ukrainian nuclear plants, what could possibly go wrong with this one?

There is no doubt in my mind that this will lead the Republican primary into this fraction where Trump will be up against someone like Pence being pro-Russia vs. not (or some variant of “Russia is bad but so is Ukraine” or just “Ukraine is not our problem.”).
Guaranteed. This twat is a testbed for challenging the moral compass of this country.

There is no doubt in my mind that this will lead the Republican primary into this fraction where Trump will be up against someone like Pence being pro-Russia vs. not (or some variant of “Russia is bad but so is Ukraine” or just “Ukraine is not our problem.”).
Guaranteed. This twat is a testbed for challenging the moral compass of this country.

U.S. primary politics two years from now? :crack:
I'm sure that's keeping Ukraine and Russia up at night.

The entire West is struggling with what do morally and strategically today.

U.S. primary politics two years from now? :crack:

I'm sure that's keeping Ukraine and Russia up at night.

The entire West is struggling with what do morally and strategically today.

(The road to) primaries start in a little over a year.
Also, if you thought Covid was going away, I had bad news for you then. If you think this is going away, sit down and breathe, it’s going to get a lot worse.

nobody will not criticize Putin because they'll release the pee pee tapes and also i still want to have someone else pay to build a tower that i'll slap my dumb fucking name on and get credit for it as a "developer" than me

Also, I don’t actually have any money anymore. Likely never really did.

Please Go Fund my new airplane, sheep.

Noticed a pretty substantial difference in the sympathy afforded to Ukrainians relative to the Palestinian people. Many of the same people who support banning Russian made products (which hasn't been demanded by the Russian opposition AFAIK?) have voiced staunch opposition to BDS.

And it goes without saying that if Russian athletes are to be banned from international competition for this then this standard must be applied consistently across the board from this point onwards.

Absolutely nobody in Russia thought this war was going to happen (or were actually prepared for it by the regime), and this war in my opinion does represent a shift in that this is a catastrophic blunder of a decision that might actually accelerate his eventual downfall.
I have empathy for Palestinians. Don't always like the way Israel treats them, nor the ever expanding Settlements. I think East Jerusalem could have been/be the Capital for them. Otoh don't like those Palestinians firing rockets from places w innocent civilians used as shields.
You should see the two sides yelling at each other from across the street in north most street of The Village (covid pause?).

STFU, Cawthorn.

DAVE C
Why do you not call the '13/'14 war in Eastern Ukraine and invasion? The people of The Maidan certainly think so.

I am so tired of the whaataboutism with Palestine. It’s being used by Russian sympathists way too much. Similar to “what about all those US wars?” It goes without saying that two wrongs don’t make a right, for starts. More importantly, though, is the gravity of the situation. It’s a sad reality, but a reality nonetheless. This is more significant. The threat of nuclear war is higher than ever, and that’s literally the end of the world if that happens.

I am so tired of the whaataboutism with Palestine. It’s being used by Russian sympathists way too much. Similar to “what about all those US wars?” It goes without saying that two wrongs don’t make a right, for starts. More importantly, though, is the gravity of the situation. It’s a sad reality, but a reality nonetheless. This is more significant. The threat of nuclear war is higher than ever, and that’s literally the end of the world if that happens.

Agreed. The closest co no parison I can come up with is the Iraq War — which all reasonable people opposed at the time and which as since become a Top 5 US Blunder — and there’s miles of difference between this and the Iraq War.

Miles.

This shit is existential. I’m now sorry I left DC because I’d really rather be T2’d than try and survive a nuclear winter.

Kidding. But, you know.

I think Biden has done a masterful job with handling of this war. He does seem to have some bipartisan support, although i question that more with over 31 Russian Senators voting against Ukraine Aid the other day.

Biden did a great job to start with covid too but that seems to have changed quite a bit. Mostly because the admin realizes they will be fought every every step either by MAGA supporters, MAGA Governors, or the MAGA Courts.

But we’re not finished with covid.

My fear of it coming back very strong in the next year or two will pretty much sink the Dems chances for 2022-2024.

Same if inflation and gas prices are still at all time high. People are dumb enough to throw out the one sane party left because they want cheaper things and worth risk of self annihilation

I honestly can't go too hard on the US' conduct over the last few weeks, an uncommonly welcome instance of them trying to de-escalate the situation - so some props to Biden here.

So we should all feel bad for Ovi because of the situation he put himself in?

Nah. I think it’s reasonable to treat everyone as an individual, but that’s an awful point to make. Boo Ovechkin out of the game for all I care. People like him legitimized Putin socially. Of course not every Russian is bad. They’re just like us. Not every American is bad. But Putin is clearly a dick and if you platformed him… fuck you. Wanna talk about brave Russians who deserve your patience and love? Go take a look at someone like Artemi Panarin, not Alexander Ovechkin.

My guy Kirill Kaprizov in Minny/Saint Paul.....also innocent! :D

NHL stars notwithstanding, the point of the op-ed is a good one.

The fuckers actually made daylight savings time permanent.

We'll see how much people actually like it when it's 8:30 and still pitch black next Christmas.

Ok dinosaur. Any concept of changing the clock is archaic.this is a good thing.

I'm all for eliminating switching clocks, but I think the smarter move would be to stay on Standard Time permanently.

I'm all for eliminating switching clocks, but I think the smarter move would be to stay on Standard Time permanently.

Guess that just depends if you’re a morning person.

I for one rail against our traditional 9-5 establishment workforce that commends “early birds” as hard workers who get in at 6 AM and condemns “overworking” people who work until 7 PM as disorganized or somehow less desirable.

The silver lining of Covid was that this mindset crumbled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom