US Politics XXXIV: Biden Against the Manchine (Live at the Sinema)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine if Trump or another Trumpist wins in 2024, and they fulfill the threat of pulling out of NATO??

I don’t see how this conflict doesn’t scale to full out war.

Sanctions won’t bother Putin. He appears to be completely insane and even his rich friends wouldn’t cross him or talk him down.

We either see a European army fight back, or we allow this mess to slowly stew over the next few years while Russia slowly overtakes Ukraine and progresses to other countries.

I still hold out some hope that Europe and the US can isolate and pummel him financially to break him, but there’s enough sympathy and support to keep the lights on

Keep an eye on China too. They are seeing the response to this conflict and would love to crush Taiwan

Check President Biden's 1991 Gulf War vote. Does that mean he was rooting for Saddam Hussein?

I think not.

Great point!

I do remember when Biden called Saddam a “genius” and openly admired the strategy behind the invasion and occupation of Kuwait. As well as Biden’s long history of statements of admiration for Saddam’s toughness and shrewdness.

Seem to recall Biden's vote being played on Saddam TV, like Russia state television is playing the Orange man's comments

Man, in retrospect, that may have been one of the least intelligent comments ever made in this forum, and there have been a lot of those over the years.

Check President Biden's 1991 Gulf War vote. Does that mean he was rooting for Saddam Hussein?

I think not.

Universal condemnation of this point of view. President Trump actively used his platform to admire our enemy in the face of arguably the most destabilizing moment in the past 80 years for western society.

Man, in retrospect, that may have been one of the least intelligent comments ever made in this forum, and there have been a lot of those over the years.

You're right, that was a bad analogy on my part. And I apologize.

To be honest, since the invasion began I'm frustrated reading how the Ukraine-Russian conflict is being characterized in here. It's exactly like the last half decade of the Russian collusion hoax.

This war is not Trump-centric. It's not about Trump.

Like Lucky said, what's going on today is 'arguably the most destabilizing moment in the past 80 years for western society. ' Agreed! Let's hope it doesn't turn out that way. In the meantime, this is more than a destabilizing time for Ukraine. They're fighting their asses off in an awful moment.

it wasn't great, but that post wasn't even in the top 50 lol.

gzuzfrk (ordinary spring) alone had at least a hundred FYM posts worse than that one. let alone AEON (white people invented everything), orgorporoapoop (hillary eats babies? just asking questions), deep (glorified hyperbole), STING2 (resolution 1441 or death), or any of the other honest brokers we've had here over the years.

i wish i had the time to really comb through the archives of this forum and come up with a true hall of shame, there would be some real whoppers on that list.

Last edited:
To be honest, since the invasion began I'm frustrated reading how the Ukraine-Russian conflict is being characterized in here. It's exactly like the last half decade of the Russian collusion hoax.

Like Lucky said, what's going on today is 'arguably the most destabilizing moment in the past 80 years for western society. ' Agreed! Let's hope it doesn't turn out that way. In the meantime, this is more than a destabilizing time for Ukraine. They're fighting their asses off in an awful moment.

Fuck it's not.

Four years of destabilizing the west led to this moment. And your guy, who was put in place with Putin's help, played a major part in that weakening of the west. This isn't something that happened in a vacuum.

And here we are - at a point where we can't do shit about it.

You don't get off this easy.

Last edited:
Tucker’s, too.

I remember, years ago, during the Obama years, commenting on how odd it was to hear so many on the right praising Putin so openly. Fox News would go on and on about how "strong" Putin was compared to Obama.

The signs had been there for quite a few years, and they came to full fruition during the Trump era.

Fuck it's not.

Four years of destabilizing the west led to this moment. And your guy, who was put in place with Putin's help, played a major part in that weakening of the west. This isn't something that happened in a vacuum.

And here we are - at a point where we can't do shit about it.

You don't get off this easy.

A-fucking-men. It's well past time for Trump supporters to own up and take responsibility for their role in enabling and allowing Trump to run rampant for as long as he did. This is what their "own the libs" bullshit has led us to, and they need to be held accountable for it, in every way possible.

I remember, years ago, during the Obama years, commenting on how odd it was to hear so many on the right praising Putin so openly.

The Obama administration vis-à-vis Russia? Let's not go there either.

This war of choice is on Mr. Putin, period.

First, not a hoax. Start by reading the Senate report. Also note the one change requested to the GOP foreign policy platform in 2016 (hint: it involves Ukraine and NATO). And also please remember that congress mandated military aid be sent to Ukraine via a bipartisan vote. Then Trump illegally held up that aid to try to get the Ukrainian government to frame Joe Biden’s son.

It’s the usual GOP crowd who are politicizing this and making it a “this would have never happened under Trump” thing, which is what’s being criticized, along with Trumps continued flattery of Putin, which has been going on for 7 years at this point. The Trump circle — Flynn and Brannon — are openly praising Putin, with Bannon reminding us that there are only two genders in Moscow, and look at us woke weaklings over here.

We can agree that the Ukrainians are fighting like hell, which is also tragic, because the only thing that may sway Putin is domestic unrest at a growing pile of body bags filled with young Russian men.

I hate all of it.

it wasn't great, but that post wasn't even in the top 50 lol.

gzuzfrk (ordinary spring) alone had at least a hundred FYM posts worse than that one. let alone AEON (white people invented everything), orgorporoapoop (hillary eats babies? just asking questions), deep (glorified hyperbole), STING2 (resolution 1441 or death), or any of the other honest brokers we've had here over the years.

i wish i had the time to really comb through the archives of this forum and come up with a true hall of shame, there would be some real whoppers on that list.

It was Iron Horse who thought racism was just “glorified hyperbole” and that all of us have ancestors who were slaves at one point so let’s get over it.

It’s the usual GOP crowd who are politicizing this and making it a “this would have never happened under Trump” thing, which is what’s being criticized.

Folks are free to criticize anyone, of course. I'm not ready to criticize any American president or party for what's going on in Eastern Europe right now. Mr. Putin is to blame. Our president and congress are united in support of Ukraine.

For me, anything else is a distraction and unconstructive.

Btw, I hate it all too.

Oh I support a party that praises Putin and has weakened Ukraine's ability to defend itself - literally changing the party's platform "mysteriously" at the last second at the 2016 convention in what, I dunno, must've been part of a hoax or something tee hee.

But I don't want to talk about that, for it would be a distraction and unconstructive!

Folks are free to criticize anyone, of course. I'm not ready to criticize any American president or party for what's going on in Eastern Europe right now. Mr. Putin is to blame. Our president and congress are united in support of Ukraine.

For me, anything else is a distraction and unconstructive.

Btw, I hate it all too.

I agree with this.

Biden has a SCOTUS nominee.

This seems like a great moment for the GOP to appear reasonable and interested in governing, but you know they won’t be able to resist getting racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom