US Politics XXXIV: Biden Against the Manchine (Live at the Sinema)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Media manoeuvres are always interesting. :corn:

Welp. Now we know. Liz Cheney has the receipts.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2021/12/13/fox-ingraham-hannity-kilmeade-jan-6-trump-texts/

The entire prime time lineup should be jailed for treason. And its viewers should finally be self-aware enough to realize the entire network thinks they are the mouth breathing idiots they think the liberal “elites” think they are.

But, hey. Thanks, Fox, for hundreds of thousands of dead Americans and this existential threat to denicracy itself you’ve foisted upon us, all so Rupert Murdoch could make even more money.

Not enough of them will care. Too large of a slice of the country are delusional, living in their own reality where their feelings equal facts.

We’re seeing it on every issue. Covid is a hoax, covid treatment that’s anything but the vaccine, masks, CRT, and the big lie. Throw in Q who’ll most likely be the GOP nominee in a few election cycles.

School boards and state legislatures are being taken over by people who believe this nonsense.

It’s not sustainable as a society.

While it’s true that no one expects any better from Fox News, and like all things Trump, it’s shocking but unsurprising and a confirmation of everything we’ve known all along, what things like this do is make the GOP more unacceptable to the suburban swing voter (the people who show up to vote and who must be win if D’s are to win) who swung hard back to the GOP in 2021, and also make defeating Trump in the 2024 primary the first goal of the remaining non-Trump wing of thr GOP (Cheney, Hogan, etc).

So what’s that, 5-6 more months of anti-vaxxer casualties? Could bode well for the midterms…

On this particular issue she has been masterful. Rotten to the core when it comes to policy but at least she’s fighting to have a functioning (sort of) Republic

Well, there ya go again with the hysterics :)
Imho though, this quote from the article gets it right:

Alyssa Farah, who resigned as White House communications director approximately one month before the Jan. 6 riot, criticized the Fox News hosts during a Monday night appearance on CNN, where she now works as a political commentator. “Some of these Fox News hosts are speaking out of both sides of their mouth on this,” she said. “They knew how bad this was the day of and even the few days afterwards.”

Fair take later in the article from Sean Hannity:

“I said it that day, and I said it now, and I mean it: we’re a country of law and order. We have to be,” he said. But “with that said,” he added, “I would like an answer to why we had 500 riots in the summer of 2020, dozens of Americans dead, thousands of cops injured, billions of dollars in property damage, arson and looting. Where’s that committee, congressman? I’d like to see that committee.”

Property destruction is not great but also pales in comparison to trying to, you know, prevent the peaceful transition of power. No one minimizing 798k American deaths gets to pull up “a dozen” to try and make a point. Hannity can get fucked.

Well, there ya go again with the hysterics :)

Imho though, this quote from the article gets it right:

Alyssa Farah, who resigned as White House communications director approximately one month before the Jan. 6 riot, criticized the Fox News hosts during a Monday night appearance on CNN, where she now works as a political commentator. “Some of these Fox News hosts are speaking out of both sides of their mouth on this,” she said. “They knew how bad this was the day of and even the few days afterwards.”

Fair take later in the article from Sean Hannity:

“I said it that day, and I said it now, and I mean it: we’re a country of law and order. We have to be,” he said. But “with that said,” he added, “I would like an answer to why we had 500 riots in the summer of 2020, dozens of Americans dead, thousands of cops injured, billions of dollars in property damage, arson and looting. Where’s that committee, congressman? I’d like to see that committee.”

Well there ya go with that both sides-isms. As if riots, which are a feature of urban life and have been for hundreds of years, are remotely comparable to an attempted coup and the disruption of hundreds of years of a peaceful transition of power.

And then let’s blame it on Antifa and give TFg as much cover as we possibly can because his voters are dumb as a sack of rocks.

Just take the L. These people are genuinely deplorable.

Riots are bad

Attempting to violently overthrow the US government and murder members of Congress including the VP to destroy democracy….all for Donald Trump….not even in the same ballpark bad

Trump tried to warn us about January 6th. We didn’t listen. How we failed him

Well there ya go with that both sides-isms. As if riots, which are a feature of urban life and have been for hundreds of years, are remotely comparable to an attempted coup and the disruption of hundreds of years of a peaceful transition of power.

Nah, riots aren't a feature of urban life any more than cancer is a feature of human life.

I do wonder, and wondered that afternoon last January, if the Capitol riot would be the event that cemented President Trump failing in any re-election try in '24.

there were plenty of riots and near riots in downtown DC in 2020.

if that was all January 6 was? we wouldn't be talking about it right now. if the same typical fights between the proud boys and counter protesters took place - even if they were even more violent than what occurred in December? if they were on par with what we saw in Minneapolis or Wisconsin or Portland? we wouldn't be talking about it right now.

any attempt to compare the protests/riots/whatever you want to call them that from the summer of 2020 through December to what occurred on January 6th is the most bad faith of bad faith arguments ever created. they are not the same.

but of course you know that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom