US Politics XXXIV: Biden Against the Manchine (Live at the Sinema)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why some US cities are facing a spree of 'smash-and-grab' crimes

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/23/us/smash-and-grab-thefts-explainer-cec/index.html

(CNN) A wave of "smash-and-grab" crimes is plaguing upscale stores in major US cities, with mobs of thieves making off with expensive goods in brazen, nighttime raids.

At least 18 people broke into a Nordstrom department store in Los Angeles Monday night and stole thousands of dollars in merchandise, the city's police chief said.

The thefts followed a rash of similar incidents over the weekend in the San Francisco Bay Area. A group of thieves swarmed the Southland Mall in Hayward on Sunday evening, wielding hammers to smash cases at a jewelry store before grabbing items and fleeing.

Three suspects were arrested Saturday night after a mob ransacked a Nordstrom department store in Walnut Creek, east of San Francisco. Some 80 suspects were involved, and they fled the outdoor mall in at least 10 different vehicles, police said. That robbery came after similar raids Friday night near San Francisco's Union Square, where thieves targeted Louis Vuitton, Burberry and Bloomingdale's stores, a Walgreens and cannabis dispensaries.

And California isn't the only place grappling with "smash-and-grab" crimes. Fourteen robbers barged into a Louis Vuitton store in suburban Chicago last week and fled with more than $100,000 in handbags and other merchandise.

So why so many recent incidents?

Walgreens closes five more stores in San Francisco due to thefts

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/walgreens-close-five-stores-san-francisco-theft-shoplifting/

(CBS/AP) Walgreens said it will close five more stores in San Francisco next month because of organized retail theft

.....The latest string of thefts at Walgreens stores comes as the company has just boosted pay for thousands of its employees
You got through that whole thing without saying the word CHICAGO.

Honestly? I'm proud of you .

Damn, tried to sneak it past ya :p

Happy Turkey Day

I am proud that you willingly admit the times when you don’t post in good faith (sometimes you do) and have a tendency to troll.

Yes, sure, smash-and-grabs in Beverly Hills are upsetting. But I can think of 100+ other things to get more upset about, but realize they won’t play into narratives about mobs in blue cities doing crimes and getting away with it because the police have been defunded and wokeness means endorsing crime so go buy another gun and be a “medic.”

Have a happy Thanksgiving.

It would be great if the mainstream media (see what I’m doing here) would stop coupling Kyle Prickenhouse with Prickolas Sandman. The latter literally did nothing wrong but look like a prick. I’m not here to defend Sandman’s character, but I do feel bad for him for the fact that we shouldn’t be so openly invasive of some random kid’s privacy. The mainstream media made that monster (see what I did there!?!).

I always wonder what people mean by “the mainstream media.”

My sense is that it’s a term of convenience to describe information they find upsetting without any real understanding of what “media” is or how it works.

Bannon’s goal was not to run against Democrats but “the media,” and it seems some some folks have swallowed this idea whole, and think the Internet is making them smart and discerning when they’re neither.

Last edited:
And the “media” is so scared that they need to both sides every story when sometimes there isn’t.

GQP members of Congress calling for violence, berating female members, posting animation killing another member (that would get any of us fired)

“Congress is divided!!” “Democrats and Republicans struggle to find common ground”

I always wonder what people mean by “the mainstream media.”

My sense is that it’s a term of convenience to describe information they find upsetting without any real understanding of what “media” is or how it works.

Bannon’s goal was not to run against Democrats but “the media,” and it seems some some folks have swallowed this idea whole, and think the Internet is making them smart and discerning when they’re neither.

Fox News has managed to be the largest news network in the nation and somehow managed to sell America this idea that they’re not the mainstream.

Fox News has managed to be the largest news network in the nation and somehow managed to sell America this idea that they’re not the mainstream.

Exactly.

And, let’s say Trump pulled us out of Afghanistan and it was every bit the mess it was always going to be.

Fox would have spent weeks defending everything that happened. And any critical guest would be paired with a Trump fellating sycophant, for “balance.”

Whereas the “mainstream media” pounced in an opportunity to seem “unbiased” and pounded Biden for weeks.

He stepped back after the victim tried to grab the gun from him, the victim was unarmed and the shooter just shot him like it was nothing.

No remorse. No empathy. They let that man die on the porch (may have been dead immediately).

This is what the NRA has wanted for years, and the far right. Let citizens shoot to kill when feeling threatened.

The victims kids weren’t even home!!

This is now the rule of law unfortunately when it comes to guns.

If someone threatens me with a gun and I’m unarmed, they can still shoot me if i try to defend myself against a gun!

This is “self-defense.”

https://www.kcbd.com/2021/11/24/att...hildren-their-mother-releases-video-shooting/

There’s a very graphic video out there on Twitter if you want to see what guns actually do to people, and how much they cheapen human life.
Here's the shooter from 6 years ago

https://kfyo.com/kyle-carruth-talks-possible-lubbock-city-council-ban-of-firearms-video/

Here's the Facebook page of his group

https://m.facebook.com/963593207048018/

We report, you decide.
View attachment 13059

What stunned me was how indifferent he was to the man he just murdered. Like it didn’t even occur to him that he murdered an unarmed person. And he did the abuser thing — look what you made me do.

And now an 11 year old’s father is dead.

Pleas explain to me this works where the 2A is sacred and everyone has a god-given right to bear arms and most Gun owners are responsible, and yet the world is so filled with armed psychopaths lurking around every corner that I need to be able to concealed carry so that I can shoot them when they come for me (and come for me they will.)

Fox Corp /News Corps is one of the biggest media corporations in the god damn world and yet somehow try and play themselves off as outside the mainstream. It's a joke.

They used to at least give the appearance of separation but now I have to see Tucker Carlson's dumb fascist face every other commercial break during my sportsball games.

Nah.

Heavy criticism is and was justified. You're better off hoping folks just forget.

I agree. Some, not all, of the criticism was fair — it also became excessive as it became some sort of “we’re unbiased!” flex.

My point is that Fox would never, ever do that to a Republican and would, in fact, get started constructing a blame Obama/Hillary narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom