US Politics XXXIII: Get Inoculated!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
one is an actual representation of what happened, and one is blatant right wing propaganda aimed at undermining the democratic party at all costs.

or, as you say, "divided"

Ans this is why the media environment always, always favors Republicans.

You can call the mainstream media “liberal” all you want — and what is true that, as conservative/liberal is now ever more tied to education, news media people having fancy educations might make them at least more socially liberal — but they will absolutely hammer a Democratic President on mistakes, which they should, but also to prove their objectivity.

Right wing media, however, will never, ever criticize their guy. Ever. Just look at the last four years. So Trump can, yes, shoot someone on 5th Avenue (or rape a woman in a changing room or literally have dozens of sexual assault claims) and Fox will be like, “Trump exercises 2nd Amendment right to self-defense.”

At least he’s looking both ways. I hate both and look at both. Important that people realize the discrepancy.

I lean right obviously and look at both sides for perspective. Whether CNN and Fox are an actual fair representation for each side is arguable, but it’s the main go to’s for the general population out there. CNN play the same BS at times that Fox does with “their guy”. Was just highlighting the fact that we are strongly divided and the media make it worse. I just find it funny how much some people around here absolutely hate the right.

CNN plays some of the same bullshit Fox does without a question.

But Fox has additional bad habits of pure propaganda in an attempt to subvert truths and sciences. For example, pretty-much-everything-related-to-Covid.

Agreed. It was truly moving to see him getting so genuinely emotional as he talked about the people who died. So nice to see that again after four years of the narcissist-in-chief.

Nope, that photo on the Fox caption was when he was being questioned about taking responsibility..he looked down and held his notes. He did look down during the moment of silence but don’t pull that crap of agreeing that particular photo was taken during the moment of silence when it was in fact not.

This is the type of BS that goes on everywhere.

Last edited:
Nope, that photo on the Fox caption was when he was being questioned about taking responsibility..he looked down and held his notes. He did look down during the moment of silence but don’t pull that crap of agreeing that particular photo was taken during the moment of silence when it was in fact not.

Don't pull that crap? Rude. That's what the photo looked like to me. No conspiracy behind my thought, as much as you'd like it to be one.

I guess this photo of Biden is being used to somehow prove he's incompetent lol. By Fox people, Don Jr, et al. That's what they, and apparently you, want it to prove.

i wonder how many of the yahoos who are currently calling for biden et al to resign over what's happening in afghanistan right now would also agree that dubya should have resigned on 9/12, and fdr should have resigned in his speech the day after pearl harbor.

i'm setting the initial over/under at 0. place your bets

Last edited:
CNN plays some of the same bullshit Fox does without a question.

But Fox has additional bad habits of pure propaganda in an attempt to subvert truths and sciences. For example, pretty-much-everything-related-to-Covid.
I think we need to separate the networks and the websites a bit. CNN (mostly) tries to separate their editorial side from the actual journalism, especially around major events, on their site and on the app.

Fox, on the other hand, is full on propaganda even on their site. They keep Chris Wallace hidden away on a dark corner. He's there if you want to look for him, but he's not going to be out front.

Sadly this is true

attachment.php

You and Mr. Hahn's twitter feed really think one party, Republicans, are rooting for the Taliban/ISIS/etc. I can't believe that's true, Mrs. S.

I don't think you believe that, I don't think the twitter guy believes that, I don't think our NATO partners believe that.

The rest of NATO has been very loud in ripping our withdrawal policies well before the suicide bombing came. They were right. :shrug:

Well, to be fair, the GOP and Taliban have a number of policies in common. If nothing else, I'm sure they're jealous of their efficiency in conquering a nation.

Er...I'm not "pulling crap", thanks. I was referring to the speech as a whole when I was talking about that, not necessarily that particular photo. I was mainly just agreeing with the general sentiment in MrsS's post about how it's stupid for anyone to try and paint any element of Biden's speech, or his demeanor during it, as him "crumbling" or looking "weak" or whatever other bullshit descriptions they want to use.

But hey, way to make assumptions, good job! If you're going to tell anyone not to "pull that crap", go yell at Fox, a big media outlet, for the way they're spinning this. Not people like me or MrsS.

Bottom line, the right in general needs to shut the hell up about anything regarding Afghanistan. Period.

You and Mr. Hahn's twitter feed really think one party, Republicans, are rooting for the Taliban/ISIS/etc. I can't believe that's true, Mrs. S.

I don't think you believe that, I don't think the twitter guy believes that, I don't think our NATO partners believe that.

The rest of NATO has been very loud in ripping our withdrawal policies well before the suicide bombing came. They were right. :shrug:

Sadly I do believe that SOME Republicans are so far gone since falling under Trump's spell that they are rooting for Biden to fail. Even if that means rooting for the damn Taliban. Even as far as Isis I suppose.

I am talking about public members of the GOP. Especially those who started to politicize the tragic deaths of US military and almost 200 Afghan people, right after it happened. Started making comments that Biden should be impeached. Where exactly were their comments about ISIS or the Taliban?

Disgusting, despicable and I stand by that. They are not rooting for Biden in any way shape or form, I know that for damn sure. They are in a freaking CULT and are not behaving like rational human beings.

I lean right obviously and look at both sides for perspective. Whether CNN and Fox are an actual fair representation for each side is arguable, but it’s the main go to’s for the general population out there. CNN play the same BS at times that Fox does with “their guy”. Was just highlighting the fact that we are strongly divided and the media make it worse. I just find it funny how much some people around here absolutely hate the right.

I cannot remember the last time, if any since you joined, regardless if it was music, politics, etc. when you argued honestly. It’s devoid of self awareness or any honest purpose.

I’ve learned the right needs to “shut the hell up” around here so I will respectfully bow out of the politics on these forums. Clearly we’re not wanted around these parts.

Last edited:
Hate to put this under politics.

Marine Sgt. Nicole Gee. Rest in peace. 23 years old

She posted the first picture on Instagram on Aug 20th. Her caption was "I love my job"

nicole-gee-7.jpg

nicole-gee-4.jpg

nicole-gee-8.jpg

Is the rest of NATO asking Biden to resign?

I’ve learned the right needs to “shut the hell up” around here so I will respectfully bow out of the politics on these forums. Clearly we’re not wanted around these parts.

Let’s see:

No honesty- check
No personal accountability- check
No self awareness- check
Constantly playing the victim- check

All the boxes to make a great Trumpist.

But are you really ‘the right’, I remember the day when the right loathed these things as well.

Yeah, I don't care if I'm not being egalitarian: all of the GOP sellouts who looked the other way for 4 years while our nation burned can fuck off to the Trump glory holes they frequent when they're not wasting our time here. If I want to hear about the dangers of voting rights, $15 minimum wage and Critical Race Theory, I know where to go.

Spare me the "we're not wanted" persecution schtick, please. You had no problem telling posters not to "pull that crap" earlier, so if you can throw out something snarky like that, then you can surely deal with my comment.

For the record, though, I was referring mainly to the GOP and the right-wing news pundits as the kinds of people who needed to shut the hell up. It was their party that got us into this mess in the first place, with no exit plan or strategy in place. It was their party that derailed whatever our mission was supposed to be in Afghanistan with that little jaunt to Iraq. Y'know, the one they got us into based on a bunch of lies? And many a right-wing pundit happily joined in on spreading those lies and pushing for that war.

It was also their party that called those of us who were critical of any or all aspects of the war "unpatriotic", "anti-American" (remember the whole "Love it or leave it!" mantra? I sure do), and who accused us of not supporting the troops.

And it was Trump who signed a deal with the Taliban, and released Taliban prisoners who were part of the recent takeover. And many of his supporters, and members of the GOP/right-wing media, didn't seem to make a single peep about that at the time, and constantly keep refusing to acknowledge that point whenever it gets brought up.

So yeah. No, I don't want to hear from anyone on the right who supported and spouted any of the above. If there is anyone on the right who didn't agree with any of the above, and said so, and did their part to try and be critical of the GOP's actions and words in the process, I will happily listen to them.

Otherwise, yes, they do need to shut the hell up on this issue, and no, I won't apologize for saying so. I'm tired of coddling and trying to listen to people who didn't fucking listen to those of us who were critical and warning others of these problems years ago. Those same people who didn't listen to us are now sitting here wringing their hands going, "How could this have happened, I don't understand?!?!" and refusing to take any responsibility for their role in supporting and aiding in this mess. Why should I care about or take seriously anything they have to say on this issue as a result?

Yeah, I don't care if I'm not being egalitarian: all of the GOP sellouts who looked the other way for 4 years while our nation burned can fuck off to the Trump glory holes they frequent when they're not wasting our time here. If I want to hear about the dangers of voting rights, $15 minimum wage and Critical Race Theory, I know where to go.
It's also a good place to go if you want to Talk U2

I see no lies.

My tolerance for those who won't denounce Trump and Trumpism is less than zero.

This isn't a republican vs democrat issue. It's a right vs wrong issue.

Last edited:

'Shut the hell up' and STFU aren't anything new around here, Gonna Run. Don't sweat it.

Just don't reply in the same manner, as it will shorten your tenure in our Free forum.

:p

'Shut the hell up' and STFU aren't anything new around here, Gonna Run. Don't sweat it.

Just don't reply in the same manner, as it will shorten your tenure in our Free forum.

:p

Neither of you are like the people that have been ran out of town. I think you both do yourself a genuine disservice when you choose not to respond or defend yourself.

Yeah, you’ll find that your views aren’t going to be liked by the some 10-15 people still standing. But every time you equate yourself to those people, you’re probably doing so because of the fact that you get similar treatment to them. Instead, speak up and show that you’re your own person.

And need I remind everyone that “those people” have had their darker sides exposed and most would not want to be associated with them.

Neither of you are like the people that have been ran out of town. I think you both do yourself a genuine disservice when you choose not to respond or defend yourself.

Yeah, you’ll find that your views aren’t going to be liked by the some 10-15 people still standing. But every time you equate yourself to those people, you’re probably doing so because of the fact that you get similar treatment to them. Instead, speak up and show that you’re your own person.

And need I remind everyone that “those people” have had their darker sides exposed and most would not want to be associated with them.
Some were associated with them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom