US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth the Revolutionary crying from getting maced. :cute:

https://twitter.com/holmescnn/status/1346987917273608194

Lindsay, the "belly dancer", trying for an Oscar nomination again.

https://twitter.com/amberinzaman/status/1347063240338137088

And once again, a great analysis by Seth J. Frantzman of the Jerusalem Post:

While it is true the protesters entering the capital's buildings was apparently the first such incidents since the War of 1812, this is primarily due to police and security not being put in place to stop the attack. Past violent eras in US history, whether the chaos after the Revolutionary War, the Civil War or the strikes and battles of Pullman strike in 1894 that saw 30 killed, America has a long history of political violence. The accusation today that the kind of chaos in the US looks like a “third world country” or “banana republic” seems to miss out on history.
First of all, coups, chaos, civil war and political violence are Western traditions. From the civil war in Spain in the 1930s to the attempt coup by Hitler in 1923 in Germany, many Western countries have seen violence in the last century. Second, the coups in many “banana republics,” were as often by foreign interventions as by locals. Whether it was the revolution that led to the Castro regime in Cuba or the overthrow of Jacobo Arbenz in Guatemala, the US and many Western democracies, as well as the Soviet Union, played a role in making coups appear “third world.” Without the Cold War overshadowing many countries in Latin America or many newly independent African and Asian states in the 1960s, would there have been so many coups?
In many cases, officials moved to depose leaders only after assuming they had support from the US or Russia. Whether Ngo Dinh Diem in Vietnam, Patrice Lumumba in the Congo or Salvador Allende in Chile, their overthrow and killing was closely tied to Cold War rivalries, which the US and other Western democracies played a key role in.

https://www.jpost.com/us-elections/...nana-republic-is-misreading-of-history-654562

Somebody (Ivanka worried about her long-term grifting opportunities in the cheap shoe industry?) sedated Trump at 3 am and put out that tweet.

Whoever was holding Lindsay Graham hostage should release the information now rather than to allow him to gleefully walk away. Every one of these assholes needs to go down with the ship.

Somebody (Ivanka worried about her long-term grifting opportunities in the cheap shoe industry?) sedated Trump at 3 am and put out that tweet.

Whoever was holding Lindsay Graham hostage should release the information now rather than to allow him to gleefully walk away. Every one of these assholes needs to go down with the ship.

i can't remember who it was but somebody yesterday called Lindsay a suckerfish. he has no backbone himself, he just clings to the closest apex predator he can.

I think the Capitol Police are getting a bit of a raw deal here. I know what the appearance is, and it's not good. But as we move forward and investigations are done I think we'll find out that they were left undermanned on purpose.

The opening of the gates looks horrific, but apparently they did this because they knew they were woefully undermanned, couldn't stop it, and did it to buy themselves time to fall back and protect or evacuate congresspeople and staff.

There's more to this story than initial impressions.

I also see that as a tactical retreat, and it was also a rather deescalating measure, as odd as that may sound. Given the ratio of police to protesters, they had no choice other than slowly giving way. How this could've ended up like that, i.e. why the Capitol wasn't guarded much more heavily definitely needs to be investigated. Rep. Adam Kinzinger said he already expected a storming of the Capitol, and Nicole Wallace told of another Representative who called her husband the night before to let him know where she kept her will. So how on earth could they have placed reinforcements inside or nearby the building?

[TWEET]1347016337391034370[/TWEET]

Anyone notice in the ‘I’m crying because I got maced’ Elizabeth video she’s actually holding an onion in her towel and rubbing it on her eye? Once you see it you can’t unsee it.

And Congress decides to take a vacation. Leaving Trump in power and unsupervised.

Way to stand up for the rule of law.

I get the feds are investigating and will make more arrests as they comb thru the evidence, but the president and his allies in congress / media openly directed an attack on our capital.

Four people died. The capital is trashed. Bombs were safely defused.

What kind of message is congress sending to the country and the world ?? I don’t agree with the Squad 100% of the time but damn they have the biggest balls in congress. Imagine if one of them were speaker !! Maybe they’d overstep or put their foot in mouth often, but they sure as hell wouldn’t let an attack on our country / democracy go unpunished

https://twitter.com/PhilipinDC/status/1347028917685800961

just look at this. the capitol police had no chance. they were woefully undermanned to stop this mob. let's stop bashing them and start asking why the back door was left unlocked.

I don't think they're at fault, unless some information comes to light that we're all unaware of.

The issue here was lack of preparation and security staffing on the day itself. I have no idea who has ultimate responsibility over that, but it should definitely be looked into.

Anyone notice in the ‘I’m crying because I got maced’ Elizabeth video she’s actually holding an onion in her towel and rubbing it on her eye? Once you see it you can’t unsee it.

i'm so confused by this. why is she doing this? ie, who's side is she on?

Don’t bother using the word antifa - genuinely, doing so validates the right’s repetition of the word.

Yes, people identify with it, but no, unlike the Proud Boys, it’s not some organized entity.

Don’t bother using the word antifa - genuinely, doing so validates the right’s repetition of the word.

Yes, people identify with it, but no, unlike the Proud Boys, it’s not some organized entity.

You mean I shouldn't trust Matt Gaetz' expertise on that?

Trump called into the Florida RNC breakfast this morning and was greeted with cheers and applause

Literally giving their two weeks notice.

Are they resigning so they don't have to make the tough choice of 25th?

Articles of Impeachment are being passed around. Believed to have at least 100 signatures. Congress needs to open back up.

Remove this man before he does something extremely horrible.

These MAGAs are always going to be a threat. Ignoring what happened, or worse, praying it goes away, will not work. Follow the law, and if these terrorists want to act out, be prepared and take the necessary steps under the law to see they can't do it again.

If America is "wounded" right now, then we need the puss to come out to truly heal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom