US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he just tweeted that he will not be at the inauguration, which is very considerate of him. most of us didn't want him at the other one either.

I didn't realize he wouldn't be able to run again if impeached. Well then - hurry up.

Only if they include that as an article specifically I believe.

If anything, the GOP should be all over since it helps anyone with any sort of 2024 hope immensely to pre-emptively remove from contention the nutbag with tens of millions of followers.

Betsy De Vos resigning might be the best one so far. :lol:

And you know what may be they could have pulled this off 50 years ago but we have the internet and everything they have said and done in the last 4 years has been preserved in great detail. It will live forever.

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1347584903324594177?s=21

This could have been so much worse. I think the optics of police not beating the shit out of everyone has given a false narrative that this wasn’t that big of a deal. That we should move on

There appears to be two kinds of people that stormed in.

Crazy MAGAs who wanted the selfie or destroy shit and thought it was cool

Para military types who were hunting for congress and VP to execute them.

There were reports that the White House were in communications with rioters. Why would that be ??

I hope the truth comes out on what exactly happened.

There’s a strong likelihood that Capitol police had an order to open the doors if command realized they had been overwhelmed and it was determined that allowing people inside would prevent further damage to the exterior of the facility, so as to collapse support and protection inward to aid in evacuation. My money says that, and likely the lack of planning for riot control against this threat which was perceived as not-a-threat versus BLM is the reason why Capitol police command failed and resigned.

so it appears that one of these geniuses died from cardiac arrest caused by placing his taser between his legs so that he could try and steal a portrait of tip o'neal, and having the taser go off - shooting him in the nuts at point blank range continuously.

a second terrorist, who carried a "don't tread on me" flag into the capitol, was trampled to death.

so it appears that one of these geniuses died from cardiac arrest caused by placing his taser between his legs so that he could try and steal a portrait of tip o'neal, and having the taser go off - shooting him in the nuts at point blank range continuously.

a second terrorist, who carried a "don't tread on me" flag into the capitol, was trampled to death.

Justice served, justice delivered.

The definition of "too stupid to be alive."

But honestly, it was lucky that so many of these (probably the overwhelming majority) appear to be really stupid and inept.

If this was run by the guy in fatigues with plastic ties, the guy who brought in the components of napalm (!), the one with the semi-automatic and the 11 Molotov cocktails, etc, the country would be in a very different place today.

The definition of "too stupid to be alive."

But honestly, it was lucky that so many of these (probably the overwhelming majority) appear to be really stupid and inept.

If this was run by the guy in fatigues with plastic ties, the guy who brought in the components of napalm (!), the one with the semi-automatic and the 11 Molotov cocktails, etc, the country would be in a very different place today.

the issue is that mixed in amongst the incels and idiots were some truly evil people - people in government positions, ex-military, ex-law enforcement types... the zip tie people are truly terrifying - to think of just how close we were to this being x1000 times worse.

so many have been indoctrinated - radicalized - by this, and they're not all rubes and dopes. this will take years to untangle... if we can ever truly untangle it.

I didn't know there was so much else going on in other states (starting about two minutes into the video):

the issue is that mixed in amongst the incels and idiots were some truly evil people - people in government positions, ex-military, ex-law enforcement types... the zip tie people are truly terrifying - to think of just how close we were to this being x1000 times worse.

so many have been indoctrinated - radicalized - by this, and they're not all rubes and dopes. this will take years to untangle... if we can ever truly untangle it.

100%

I don't know that there is a solution to this. It's not as if the moment Trump leaves these people won't continue to be brainwashed by Q, on various social media outlets, among their friends/family, the Internet generally. That insanity will continue totally unabated. It's basically what AM radio was except on super steroids.

And someone who was just a tiny bit smarter/more strategic than orange men would have been able to deploy these types much more effectively.

https://twitter.com/macfarlanenews/status/1347635480574226436?s=21

This feels kinda similar to the shoe bomber, we missed out on a even larger tragedy by luck. Two bombs didn’t go off. There were armed rioters in the capital. This dude above somehow didn’t succeed.

To think this goes away quietly is crazy talk.

And speaking of crazy talk

https://twitter.com/joshuapotash/status/1347621966757433344?s=21
There are many medium sized parks in the area east or the Capitol. One of them, which is also a 5 minute walk from our home, was allegedly going to be a fall back point for the Proud Boys - at least that's what was posted online.

Honestly going into Wednesday my biggest fear was spill over into our streets after they went and protested outside the Capitol for a while - based on this internet posting. But in hindsight it reads more like the evacuation/retreat meet up spot in case things went haywire.

Honestly I think the only reason why we didn't see more violence is because the seizure of The Capitol was significantly easier than anyone expected.

Nothing is out of bounds here. Kidnappings? Executions? What else were those zip ties for?

I also think a clear plan was to take the electoral ballots to prevent them from being counted.

What will come out over the coming weeks I feel will shock America - possibly to the point where some of these groups sneak back into hiding, like after OKC.

And I have little doubt that, at bare minimum, people close to the president knew this was the plan - if not the president himself.

I think you’re right

My guess is that Trumps minions in government knowingly kept the capitals guard down. No backups, no additional gear, and delayed any response.

Having a limited defense and using a angry mob of thousands of people to storm the gates gave the more sinister (which is saying something) characters the chance to get the EC votes and delay. The plan may have even been to take democrats hostage, and execute the VP for his betrayal.

Everything was timed perfectly. Trumps speech ending just as the vote tally takes place.

Trump literally tried to overthrow the government to stay in power.

Wednesday it failed. They are going to try again, but with different targets i assume. It’ll be more the same. Overrun a capital, take hostages, and demand Biden or whoever step down (or recount the votes).

My hope is that the next DOJ and FBI heads are on top of domestic terrorism and they can be rooted out and punished by the laws we have to discourage any further incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom