US Politics XXXII: Cancel my subscription to the insurrection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's worse than a toddler, and yes, we've known that all along.

Maybe they can incorporate Ivanka's porta potty in the send off somehow. Take one last shit on everyone before leaving.

Washington Post

WASHINGTON – The violent mob that stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 came perilously close to Vice President Mike Pence, who was not evacuated from the Senate chamber for about 14 minutes after the Capitol Police reported an initial attempted breach of the complex — enough time for the marauders to rush inside the building and approach his location, according to law enforcement officials and video footage from that day.

Secret Service officers eventually spirited Pence to a room off the Senate floor with his wife and daughter after rioters began to pour into the Capitol, many loudly denouncing the vice president as a traitor as they marched through the first floor below the Senate chamber.

About one minute after Pence was hustled out of the chamber, a group charged up the stairs to a second-floor landing in the Senate, chasing a Capitol Police officer who drew them away from the Senate.

Pence and his family had just ducked into a hideaway less than 100 feet from that landing, according to three people familiar with his whereabouts, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the situation. If the pro-Trump mob had arrived seconds earlier, the attackers would have been in eyesight of the vice president as he was rushed across a reception hall into the office.

The proximity of the Jan. 6 mob to the vice president and the delay in evacuating him from the chamber — which have not been previously reported — raise questions about why the Secret Service did not move him earlier and underscore the jeopardy that top government leaders faced during the siege.

He's worse than a toddler, and yes, we've known that all along.

Maybe they can incorporate Ivanka's porta potty in the send off somehow. Take one last shit on everyone before leaving.

They could always turn the porta potty into a dunk tank and let all the Trumps take turns being dunked. For charity of course, because the Trumps are so charitable.

Ery4w2wXIAASFjN

fuck it ima stay home

My Pillow guy is wackadoodle. He thinks Trump was chosen by God to be President-enough said. A con man just like Trump. I bet his self proclaimed life story is a fraud too, just like Trump's is.

I 100% believe this is nothing more than to cheer up a depressed orange madman. And throw some red meat to his base, tho it must be organic apparently.

Bridges are being closed for access points to DC.

Imagine telling people back in 2016 that in January 2021 Trump led a failed physical coup which has led to more troops being stationed in DC than the Middle East. All to protect the future President from being killed by Trump supporters

I actually do not find any of this terribly surprising. The sad part is that Trump's presidency was allowed to carry on long enough that this scenario could enter the realm of possibility.

Uhh genuinely how am I supposed to get home?
So I did end up going into the office for a few hours, and the only way I could get there was by bike. It was impossible by car.

This is from the window overlooking the corner of 6th and G NW. This is perfectly fine and normal.PXL_20210115_201506622.jpg

It looks like an entry into baghdad.

I have to drive home on the weekend lol I think I’ll have to circle the whole beltway just to get home and circle it just to go to work

So I did end up going into the office for a few hours, and the only way I could get there was by bike. It was impossible by car.

This is from the window overlooking the corner of 6th and G NW. This is perfectly fine and normal.View attachment 12768

It looks like an entry into baghdad.

It’s weirdly poetic, given how far the GOP has fallen into farce and tragedy since 9/11/01.

that obviously sucks when you're living right in it (you guys would commiserate hard with torontonians who lived downtown in 2010), but also it is heartening to see that the national guard seems to be both very loyal and very much not fucking around when it comes to putting this fascist bullshit down tout suite.

My Pillow guy is wackadoodle. He thinks Trump was chosen by God to be President-enough said. A con man just like Trump. I bet his self proclaimed life story is a fraud too, just like Trump's is.

There's that one commercial out there for his autobiography, and he's talking about how he had, like, fourteen near-death experiences before he "finally turned his life around" thanks to God.

He's absolutely full of shit.

And the fact that he managed to even be able to get into the White House and ramble on about this to Trump is just yet another example of how we really are living in the dumbest timeline. Seriously, I really feel sorry for future generations who'll be learning about this time period. I don't even know how the hell we'll begin to explain all this insanity to them in a way that makes any kind of sense.

So as I said yesterday I had to ride my bike to and from work yesterday. Wrapped up around 6:45 pm and on my way past Union Station I noticed a guy being arrested next to a pickup truck near one of the Capitol checkpoints.

Reading these reports I'm just piecing together that it was this guy.

Good times, good times.

It will never cease to amaze me that a guy who was once known as a reality TV show host for "The Apprentice" is inspiring this kind of insane cult devotion. It's just...what the fuck?

Adding to the well wishes to you and LN7, as well as anyone else who's in the area or knows someone who is. Take care and stay safe :hug:.

If I can get Giza Dream Sheets for $0.00, I might just tell him Q sent me.

Edit, never mind, see the Giza sheets were buy one get one, so can't just get one set for nothing.
But for shits and giggles went to his site and tried the promo code Qanon....no such code, so in a shocking development...that site you linked is fake news. Exactly the type of thing the right will gladly pounce on to show how the MSM is out to get them.

Last edited:
If I can get Giza Dream Sheets for $0.00, I might just tell him Q sent me.

Edit, never mind, see the Giza sheets were buy one get one, so can't just get one set for nothing.
But for shits and giggles went to his site and tried the promo code Qanon....no such code, so in a shocking development...that site you linked is fake news. Exactly the type of thing the right will gladly pounce on to show how the MSM is out to get them.
Actually it was true, but they've since removed the discount codes.

i went to GW's 2nd swearing in and it was much like this those tall fences along Penn. to protect cheney and the motoecade to the wh a few broken windows from anarchists no antifa then i was in designated protestor areas with move-on next to a 89 yearold woman who brought her grandaughter with her. they had brought in national gurds from 3 states and no such worries as this time. hopr everyone will be safeincluding out democracy.

And this is how they are responding to someone as mainstream, vetted, and makes-things-moderate-when-he-says-things Biden.

Imagine if Liz or Bernie were taking the oath on Wednesday.

(I mean, we now know they both would have lost, but still, just imagine)

And this is how they are responding to someone as mainstream, vetted, and makes-things-moderate-when-he-says-things Biden.

Imagine if Liz or Bernie were taking the oath on Wednesday.

(I mean, we now know they both would have lost, but still, just imagine)

Not sure why you think it matters who is in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom