US Politics XXXI-Lame Duck Obese Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what he is concerned with while refusing to sign the covid relief bill. He needs to get the fuck out of the WH now. Not to mention that he tweeted this on Christmas Day.

Also yeah, she's definitely the GOAT First Lady.

President Donald Trump has criticized glossy US magazines for not offering his wife Melania Trump a single cover shoot while he has been in office.

Trump on Friday retweeted a Breitbart post that said "elitist snobs in the fashion press" were snubbing the "most elegant First Lady in American history."

Trump wrote that the First Lady was "the greatest of all time" and labelled the magazines "Fake News"

Yep, she's more elegant than Jackie Kennedy was.

180ea7792da2151bc12fc09c2b89aaeb.gif

Nah. It was a blast designed to cover up the Dominion voting systems fraud. At least that’s what my aunt Sharon from up north posted.

I remember this doctor. Yes I'm sure it had nothing to do with him speaking out.

(CNN)Dr. James Phillips, an emergency room doctor at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, has been removed from his duty after publicly criticizing President Donald Trump's drive-by around the hospital after his coronavirus diagnosis.

The chief of disaster medicine at George Washington University had been contracted to Walter Reed, and was removed from the military's hospital schedule after he criticized the President, who was being treated for Covid-19 at the hospital, for taking his motorcade and Secret Service agents on a drive to wave at supporters outside in October, a source familiar with the situation told CNN. He will continue his work at George Washington School of Medicine.

Phillips worked his final shift at the hospital Sunday and tweeted that he would "miss the patients" and thanked hospital staff for support.

"I'm honored to have worked there and I look forward to new opportunities. I stand by my words, and I regret nothing," he wrote.

Walter Reed National Military Medical Center said there was "no decision made by anyone" at the hospital to remove Phillips from the schedule in a statement to CNN Monday.

"As you may know, Dr. Phillips worked as a contract employee at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), which provides requirements for contract employees to the contract agency," the hospital said. "The contract agency then works together with contract employees to determine individual schedules."

The White House declined to comment to CNN on Monday, and George Washington did not immediately return a message.

Phillips had called the President's drive-by "completely unnecessary" and said Trump put lives at risk for "political theater" in an October tweet that has since been deleted.

"That Presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, but hermetically sealed against chemical attack," he tweeted then. "The risk of COVID19 transmission inside is as high as it gets outside of medical procedures. The irresponsibility is astounding. My thoughts are with the Secret Service forced to play."

He continued: "Every single person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary Presidential 'drive-by' just now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They might get sick. They may die. For political theater. Commanded by Trump to put their lives at risk for theater. This is insanity."

MoscowMitch blocks the $2000 relief payment. Says he would pass it in a separate bill if Dems agree to remove the 230 Tech regulation Trump has been complaining about.

Just a horrible, horrible human being. This isn’t politics, this is life and death for people.

But he and the GOP do not care

Trump is coming back to DC to fight for what is rightfully his (aka get his base all riled up for 2024 via his false victimhood). I wonder if the big maskless superspreader nye party will still happen at Mar A Lago.

Here's my New Year gift to everyone. Enjoy!

Screenshot_20201231-103244~3.jpg

Supposedly already sold 500 or so tickets to the Mar A Lago NYE bash.
I hear the party will include quite the spread,
But the griftees will be deprived of a visit from their orange overlord...SAD!

Quite the spread haha-covid covered caviar

More money in the orange one's 2024 coffers. And/or legal defense fund.

Assume the RNC will foot the bill.

I have laughed at those Melania body double theories. But I just saw the video of them returning to the WH, and that did not look like her.

Reportedly Trump was very unhappy with her renovations at Mar A Lago. White marble and dark wood offended his sensibilities.

Mar A Lago superspreader party included Donnie Jr, Eric, Giuliani in a blue velvet tuxedo jacket "personalities" from OAN, and Vanilla Ice.

Ice ice baby

18 more days....

Mark Meadows, President Donald Trump's chief of staff, was ultimately the one who convinced the president to forgo a nationwide mask mandate to help fight the coronavirus pandemic, The New York Times reported on Thursday.

According to the report, President Trump's main pollster, Tony Fabrizio, came to the Oval Office in the middle of the summer for a meeting with Trump and his advisors. Fabrizio reported some surprising news: A majority of voters – including likely Trump supporters – supported mandatory mask-wearing in public.

Fabrizio's poll had found that, in July, nearly 70% of voters in states being targeted by Trump's campaign were in favor of a mask mandate, including more than half of Republicans. The polling data supported an argument made by senior advisors Jared Kushner and Hope Hicks: Trump could portray mask-wearing as Americans' key to regaining their freedom to attend group gatherings and indoor events.

But Meadows disagreed. During the same meeting, he argued the politics of such a move would damage the President's reputation with his most ardent supporters.

"The base will revolt," Meadows said, according to The Times.

Several of Trump's other advisors shared this viewpoint, including White House senior advisor Stephen Miller. Meadows added that he wasn't sure such a move would be legal, either.

For Trump, Meadows' words ended up outweighing the wishes of Kushner and Hicks, and of Fabrizio's polling data.

"I'm not doing a mask mandate," he reportedly said.

After that, Trump was rarely seen in public wearing a mask, except for after he contracted COVID-19 himself in early October.

In addition to Meadows' involvement in discouraging a mask mandate, the New York Times report also detailed how Trump lashed out at Kushner for what he saw as too much testing for COVID-19.

Kushner helped oversee nationwide testing efforts throughout the year.

According to The Times, during another Oval Office meeting of top aides on August 19, Trump grew angry with increases in COVID-19 testing in the US, which he blamed for higher case numbers.

"You're killing me! This whole thing is! We've got all the damn cases," Trump reportedly yelled at Kushner.

"I want to do what Mexico does," Trump continued. "They don't give you a test till you get to the emergency room and you're vomiting."

Trump also criticized Kushner about testing during debate preparation, according to the report.

"I'm going to lose," Trump said, according to The Times. "And it's going to be your fault, because of the testing."

More GOP senators will reject the EC as some stupid publicity stunt to help their 2024 (or 2022) chances.

They are literally destroying what this country was founded upon.

A performance coup is still a damn coup. You shouldn’t trash the system for a personal gain.

There was no widespread fraud. Whatever was presented to the courts was rejected. Not because of some deep state bullshit, but due to the claims being bullshit.

So from now on every election won by a democrat will be invalid cause fraud.

Said this before but we are literally one election away from losing the republic / democracy we cherish.

It’s safe to say that if the GOP ran both chambers of congress that the election results would be thrown out. It’s so important these people are removed from office, and never be allowed back in.

I wonder what promises Trump has made to Teddy. Emergency commission lol

U.S. Senator Ted Cruz has said he will be among a dozen Republican senators who will challenge President-elect Joe Biden's victory when Electoral College results are tallied in Congress next week.

In a statement on Saturday with 10 other GOP senators, Cruz demanded the appointment of an emergency commission to conduct a 10-day audit of the election returns in 'disputed states'.

Until such a commission is appointed, they vowed to intend to vote on January 6 to reject the electors from those states - a largely symbolic move that has little chance of preventing Biden from taking office.

The effort is considered separate from but parallel to that of Republican Senator Josh Hawley, who earlier this week became the first sitting member of the Senate to announce he would challenge the election result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom