US Politics XXXI-Lame Duck Obese Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There needs to be some kind of legislation regarding integrity and honesty in broadcasting again. Some sort of modern day Fairness Doctrine, because this shit is out of control.

If he's going to do it online exclusively which it sounds like, he basically bypasses whatever poor regulations there are in place for actual networks.

I don't think that he'll be physically or mentally capable of running in 2024 but by sticking around he ensures that there will have to be at least one GOP candidate for 2024 who will have to sell his/her soul to the devil in order to get access to his voting group.

If he's going to do it online exclusively which it sounds like, he basically bypasses whatever poor regulations there are in place for actual networks.

I don't think that he'll be physically or mentally capable of running in 2024 but by sticking around he ensures that there will have to be at least one GOP candidate for 2024 who will have to sell his/her soul to the devil in order to get access to his voting group.
Not necessarily. A new Fairness Doctrine would clearly have to set new rules as to what qualifies as broadcast media.

Wouldn't stop him from spewing trash on his Twitter account but if he has more long form broadcast like shows then it could conceivably fall under the same rules.

He's also, ya know, terrible at business and would not have the backing of the american government anymore, so I have zero doubt that whatever he tried to do post election will end in bankruptcy, as literally everything else he's ever done has.

Not necessarily. A new Fairness Doctrine would clearly have to set new rules as to what qualifies as broadcast media.

Wouldn't stop him from spewing trash on his Twitter account but if he has more long form broadcast like shows then it could conceivably fall under the same rules.

He's bad at business but this is really a stretch and implies that he'd have the dumbest lawyers ever (unfortunately there are still competent, but evil lawyers like Coney Barrett and I Love Beer).

So he'll make his digital empire a blog or something akin to that from which he will occasionally rant about this, that and the other thing and it won't be regulated anymore than TMZ or Perez Hilton. Maybe he even has an online forum where he can shoot the shit with all the people who got kicked off Reddit and other similar places.

He's bad at business but this is really a stretch and implies that he'd have the dumbest lawyers ever (unfortunately there are still competent, but evil lawyers like Coney Barrett and I Love Beer).

So he'll make his digital empire a blog or something akin to that from which he will occasionally rant about this, that and the other thing and it won't be regulated anymore than TMZ or Perez Hilton. Maybe he even has an online forum where he can shoot the shit with all the people who got kicked off Reddit and other similar places.
Have you met his lawyers?

There needs to be some kind of legislation regarding integrity and honesty in broadcasting again. Some sort of modern day Fairness Doctrine, because this shit is out of control.

Agreed. Like, for instance, not letting these morons be interviewed on your average cable news network in the interest of "both sides". Trump got to where he was in large part because the media gave him way too much airtime to spread his conspiracy nonsense. That needs to stop. There also needs to be more focus on social media continuing to minimize/flag/block/what have you misinformation and things of that sort.

My big hope is that Trump and his family will be too caught up in their legal woes to be able to (or hell, be allowed to) spend any time starting up any networks or putting out any books or social media outlets or whatever. Though I also agree with you that if Trump does try and start up his own media outlet, it'll fall into financial ruin pretty soon. Which would be rather hilarious to watch.

But yeah, in general, we need to do more to fight the right-wing media outlets that exist out there. Even if they don't get shut down, at the very least, the less power and reach their influence has, the better.

When Fox News is an SNL skit. Is that Don Jr?

Fox News’ Laura Ingraham interviews anonymous poll worker complete with disguised voice.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1326370512608563201

Oh geez...

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said on Thursday that she expects the turnout at Saturday's "Million MAGA March" in support of President Trump to be "quite large."

The event is set to take place in Washington, D.C., on Saturday, one week after news networks projected that Trump had lost the presidential election to Democrat Joe Biden. Trump has refused to concede the race and the Saturday events seem intended to bolster him.

"I think it's going to be quite large, um, from what I'm hearing, don't have an estimate for you," McEnany said on Fox News when asked about the event.

Disparate groups are reportedly preparing for the event, with one gathering scheduled to take place at the Freedom Plaza in downtown Washington, D.C., at 12 p.m. with a march to the Supreme Court at 2 p.m.

Lol Trump just executive ordered American investments in Chinese firms “owned by the Chinese military” - how long before he starts to say that Burisma falls under this

Oh geez...

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said on Thursday that she expects the turnout at Saturday's "Million MAGA March" in support of President Trump to be "quite large."

The event is set to take place in Washington, D.C., on Saturday, one week after news networks projected that Trump had lost the presidential election to Democrat Joe Biden. Trump has refused to concede the race and the Saturday events seem intended to bolster him.

"I think it's going to be quite large, um, from what I'm hearing, don't have an estimate for you," McEnany said on Fox News when asked about the event.

Disparate groups are reportedly preparing for the event, with one gathering scheduled to take place at the Freedom Plaza in downtown Washington, D.C., at 12 p.m. with a march to the Supreme Court at 2 p.m.

they're gonna give everyone in this city the COVID.

Underrated part of this week: we had not had to endure any TV conference by the orange man.

Fox News reporting that Stacey Abrams will run for Governor of Georgia in 2022.

Imagine a grown-ass man needing a superspreader sycophant march to make him feel better after a loss.

Whatever the crowd size is, it will be inflated 10,000%.

My mom and I, when watching all the Biden celebrations in the streets on Saturday, were having fun being all, "Gosh, I wonder if these crowds are as big as the one that attended Trump's inauguration." :p.

But yeah, seriously, the amount of coddling this guy needs, I swear to God...

Fox News reporting that Stacey Abrams will run for Governor of Georgia in 2022.

Yes :up:.

Also, investigators here in the States may not be the only ones eager to get after Trump once he leaves office:

https://twitter.com/MartynMcL/status/1326916581524377600

I say go for it, Scotland. May as many people as possible make his post-presidency life a living hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom