US Politics XXXI-Lame Duck Obese Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get some help Geraldo

Fox News correspondent-at-large Geraldo Rivera on Friday floated the idea of naming the COVID-19 vaccine "the Trump," saying it could dampen the blow of President Trump's defeat in the presidential election.

Rivera said, "I had an idea ... with the world so divided and everyone telling me 'He's gotta give up' and 'Time to leave' ... why not name the vaccine 'the Trump'? You know make it like, 'Have you got your Trump yet?
Eeeeewww! Heraldo was once a seemingly decent human being.

they are blaming Zombie Hugo Chavez, so that's close.
I know, right!? riiiiiiight. Unbelievable. :|

Biden is going to win Georgia three times!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Oh, I'm making fun - but I won't really fully breath a sigh of relief until
1/20/21 12:01 PM. :up:

I don’t have any doubts about the Mueller Report’s conclusions and I sure hope BW doesn’t.

I don’t like how the media circus (both sides) covered it. I would say the left was more honest with what was going on, the right was in denial, but the left was drawing conclusions as fact that *we all know are probably true* because Donald Trump is a piece of shit, however they were presented in some sinister sense rather than the sheer stupidity of Trump’s campaign.

I’m willing to buy that they were too inept to *effectively*/*competently* “collude” — but they sure did try. A lot of convicted felons did their best.

They weren’t too inept to obstruct justice at least 10 times.

Which, again, had the GOP cared about the rule of law would have resulted in at least the same impeachment in the house but still probably not in the Senate that we got over yet another Trump-inflicted national crisis over Ukraine (we saw why Trump did it — he was correct in understanding that Biden would win). Because it takes 2/3rds of the Senate, and it is a big thing to, say, *overturn an election*, removal from office would have been unlikely for both highly impeachable offenses.

It’s funny that *overturning an election* is kind of exactly what’s been going on for close to three weeks.

Last edited:
Oh my point was more that they probably had no idea what they were doing was potentially illegal. I can almost guarantee that he thought he was being a savvy businessman or something.

I haven't heard. Do I even want to know?

Thank God he lost that primary this year. Not that the results we did get for my state earlier this month were any kind of improvement, mind, but still.

I'll spare you the details.

So that means he'll be gone in '21? :hyper:
:hmm: Do I remember hearing he lost in your State's primary? A vague echo of satisfaction on your behalf.

Oh my point was more that they probably had no idea what they were doing was potentially illegal. I can almost guarantee that he thought he was being a savvy businessman or something.
Ahhhh... the man's been around criminality his entire life. I wouldn't go so far as to say he was just being naive.

Plus the likes of Manafort and Flynn certainly knew what was going on.

I think that the Trump family side knew that this could conceivably get them into some hot water is they won, but ultimately didn't care because even they didn't think they would win. Then once they did the obstruction ramped up because obstruction is something Trump wrote the book on. He literally went out and fired everyone who would stand in his way/prevent him from taking full advantage of the executive.

These aren't the marks of someone who didn't know what he was doing was wrong.

His entire business empire was built off of toeing the line between what is legal and illegal and then buying someone off and/or muddying the waters with lawsuits until the problem went away if/when he went over the line. He's "run" the country the same way.

And that here we are, a few months from his finally leaving office and the right still believes that none of this happened - despite the Mueller report saying otherwise, and despite a bipartisan senate committee confirming much of what Mueller said from a coordination standpoint, despite all the arrests. It shows that his typical way of handling things worked just well enough once again. He will never be held accountable for any of it.

If he were to go down, it will be because he gets Caponed.

Last edited:
The Trump administration formally shut the door on the Open Skies treaty Sunday, exiting the agreement while moving to get rid of the U.S. Air Force planes that have been used to carry out the nearly three-decade-old accord.

gotta get some last sweeteners in before leaving office. trump tower moscow ain't gonna approve itself.

Sidney Powell is so batshit crazy that even the Trump legal team shifted away from her.

And they have an awfully low bar. She sounds like a member of QAnon.

Joe Biden actually appointed a special envoy for climate change-John Kerry. So far his picks are diverse and that's great to see. Several women too.

Last edited:
Joe Biden actually appointed a special envoy for climate change-John Kerry. .

Makes sense...

wizard-of-oz-apple-tree-totally-looks-like-john-kerry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom