US Politics XXXI-Lame Duck Obese Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised he hasn’t blamed China for releasing the virus to ruin his election

Well, the announcement came almost a week after election day, so it wasn't immediately right after it. Furthermore, it was already expected for a while that there would be announcements somewhere in November, likely in the second half. So Pfizer's announcement was around the expected time. Plus, only a few days Moderna followed with their announcement, so Pfizer had to be quick to get all the (PR) advantages of being the first with an announcement.
So I don't see anything suspicious with it.

Exactly.
These companies aren't doing any of this for political purposes. They are developing and testing and following appropriate time lines at each step. We all knew that mid November was when we'd likely hear some results.
Can't get that loser out of DC fast enough.

Taking my anti Trump blinders off for a second... it is just a tad suspicious that the announcement of the vaccine came literally right after the election.

With that said, even if that announcement was intentional, then good. Our side was screwed by the Comey letter in 2016. Tough shit Orange Anus.
I think he always knew that mid to late November was when we'd likely see results and thus was setting this particular conspiracy up the entire time.

Fox News correspondent-at-large Geraldo Rivera on Friday floated the idea of naming the COVID-19 vaccine "the Trump," saying it could dampen the blow of President Trump's defeat in the presidential election.

Dampen the blow...just think about how insane this is. That a grown ass senior citizen, having lived almost 3/4 of a century on this planet is so emotionally unbalanced and immature and such a massive narcissist that the entire country, and by extension - the world, have to twist themselves into a pretzel in order to gently take the toy away from him to give it to another kid.

And these people call the rest of us snowflakes. Fuck outta here.

ricky schroeder is the kirk cameron of scott baios.

(didn't think that up, but came across it and thought it was perfect)

(also, i hate that some of my late-80s childhood pre-crush crushes are now horrible people)

Fear not young MAGA / Boogaloo’s, you too can commit murder in the name of the movement and come out with a endorsement deal and loads of admiration. You’ll be a hero!

this isn't far off from when the so-called "doomsday plane" did a few patrols over DC while trump was in walter reed and twitter had a minor panic attack. sometimes people get antsy about something that is completely routine and otherwise goes unnoticed. in the article it says that there were strategic bombers in the middle east earlier this year so this is likely just a normal rotation.

Last edited:
Just read about Ricky Schroeder, what a garbage human. Anyone who supports Rittenhouse is. I already knew My Pillow guy was.

Maybe Ricky and Rittenhouse can run for President and VP one day. The way things are in this country anything is possible. Trump will probably give Rittenhouse a job after he gets away with murder.

The GOP, out of a sense of desperation to win the GA seats, has chosen to crawl up Trump’s ass. It’s as if they just landed on this planet rather than having observed the prior 4-5 years which should have made it clear to any sentient being that Trump cares only about himself and that his level of pettiness knows no bounds. He is absolutely not averse to burning it all down on his way out. And frankly in many ways it suits him better to have the GOP lose both those seats so that he can spend the next 4 years grifting on the basis of “see what losers they are without me.”

Coming from the main cheerleader of the Russia hoax/Ukraine dramas.

:up: Never change, boss.

It’s really not my fault or problem that the GOP has set aside the rule of law. It doesn't in the slightest weaken the multiple cases brought against Trump in two discrete matters regarding his total corruption by hostile foreign powers.

You may have forgotten, but Trump was *impeached*. You also may have forgotten the details in the Mueller report, but if you spent even a minute boning up on what actually happened, and what Mr. Mueller expected Congress to do, instead of accepting the Barr "nothing to see here" version so you could feel as if you’ve landed some sort of shot or blow, you’d know that the report listed 10 clear cut examples of obstruction of justice as well as clear coordination with Russia, who was listening. Because certain folks were willing to go to jail for Trump likewise doesn’t change the evidence, nor the fact that the 2016 campaign is now filled with convicted felons.

You do you. Cheer on the criminals and grifters and awful, awful people because it enables you to believe you've just owned a lib like me.

Last edited:
You could almost excuse someone for not believing or knowing what the Mueller Report conclusions are.

Robert Mueller was handcuffed by Rosenstien in the beginning on what exactly he could go after. Mueller also did things by the book and it stood no match against Trump and his people. They lied. They didn’t cooperate. There were indictments and guilty pleas only to be pardoned or reversed / dropped by Barr.

A memo, not a law, that states a sitting President can’t be indicted.

Yet Mueller still find 10 cases of Obstruction and punted to Congress. He may have not been wrong to do so, but he knew damn well the GOP wouldn’t find any faults.

Trump was impeached. No reversing that, but again people may not have been able to figure out the legal workings behind it.

BUT

What Trump has done after election, it’s clear as day. He lost. His own lawyers talk shit all over TV to appease him, but have produced no evidence in court. None.

He lost and he’s purposefully damaging the country out of spite and fear of what’s waiting for him when he no longer has the protection of a memo.

But sure, it’s a hoax

I don’t have any doubts about the Mueller Report’s conclusions and I sure hope BW doesn’t.

I don’t like how the media circus (both sides) covered it. I would say the left was more honest with what was going on, the right was in denial, but the left was drawing conclusions as fact that *we all know are probably true* because Donald Trump is a piece of shit, however they were presented in some sinister sense rather than the sheer stupidity of Trump’s campaign.

Favorite comment: “imagine being gullible enough to believe the democrats rigged the election but failed to take the senate”

It’s really not my fault or problem that the GOP has set aside the rule of law. It doesn't in the slightest weaken the multiple cases brought against Trump in two discrete matters regarding his total corruption by hostile foreign powers.

You may have forgotten, but Trump was *impeached*. You also may have forgotten the details in the Mueller report, but if you spent even a minute boning up on what actually happened, and what Mr. Mueller expected Congress to do, instead of accepting the Barr "nothing to see here" version so you could feel as if you’ve landed some sort of shot or blow, you’d know that the report listed 10 clear cut examples of obstruction of justice as well as clear coordination with Russia, who was listening. Because certain folks were willing to go to jail for Trump likewise doesn’t change the evidence, nor the fact that the 2016 campaign is now filled with convicted felons.

You do you. Cheer on the criminals and grifters and awful, awful people because it enables you to believe you've just owned a lib like me.

This. The Democrats were investigating election interference and voter suppression. You know, things that actually do and did happen. They were investigating abuse of voting systems and voters' rights by those in charge. They weren't trying to invalidate or overturn the voters' picks themselves. Kind of a significant difference there.

Also, the Senate GOP put out a report earlier this year that further confirmed that yes, there was election interference going on in 2016. Mueller and Rosenstein are Republicans. And Romney joined Democrats in supporting the impeachment against Trump. So it's not exactly like Democrats were going it completely alone in arguing their case against Trump the past four years.

And considering we all watched Trump and the GOP's attempts to fuck with mail-in voting and disenfranchise voters unfold right before our very eyes this year, that tends to just further add credence to the idea that he did similar manipulations with the Russia and Ukraine stuff. Trump does actually have a long history of shady dealings, after all-that's how he did things well before he ever ran for office, so why wouldn't he try and do that here, too? Whether there were reports and investigations or not, he's made himself look quite guilty all on his own.

But hey, thanks for playing, BW. You tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom