US Politics XXVII: Orange Super Spreader

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-biden-abortion-beyond-time-of-birth-false-claim-153603885.html

President Trump on Tuesday accused Joe Biden of wanting to make it legal to kill newborn babies, a gross distortion of the Democratic nominee’s vow to make the principles of Roe v. Wade the “law of the land.”

At a town hall in Miami on Monday night, Biden said that if Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett voted with a majority in overturning Roe v. Wade, he would work to make the landmark 1973 ruling that established the right of women to end their pregnancies the “law of the land.”

“Biden and Democrats just clarified the fact that they are fully in favor of (very) LATE TERM ABORTION, right up until the time of birth, and beyond — which would be execution,” Trump tweeted.

Biden's answer is spot on, though. Indeed, we need to make sure these kinds of rights, and civil rights, and so forth, don't find themselves at risk of being chipped at or taken away ever again.

It's just crazy to me that you have people so callous about other people's health. These are somebody's kids, husbands, wives, siblings, friends.

And where the hell are Jared and Ivanka? Getting their own monoclonal antibodies?

Ivanka is "working from home". Don't know about Jared. But I'm sure they are getting those antibodies. Compassionate use for the rich.

Welp. One more

Global Marketing Research Services - National poll - Biden +14 (up from +10 on Sep 26-28)

That makes the average just from polls out today - Biden +10.6

So with the debate, the covid diagnosis, the misinformation on the diagnosis, the joy ride, the taking off the mask at the WH, the stopping of stimulus talks...

Question to the group...

Is the bottom falling out? Or is this a rough patch? What's your take?

Still can’t get over how it’s possible that people are just now changing their minds.

Well, I think what we are seeing may not be so much people who said they were undecided. But I think we are seeing people that were "fine" voting again for Trump. But seeing all the stuff that happened over the last week and a half, even they are like - enough of this shit.

So with the debate, the covid diagnosis, the misinformation on the diagnosis, the joy ride, the taking off the mask at the WH, the stopping of stimulus talks...

Question to the group...

Is the bottom falling out? Or is this a rough patch? What's your take?

There is no bottom

The worst is still to come

Well, I think what we are seeing may not be so much people who said they were undecided. But I think we are seeing people that were "fine" voting again for Trump. But seeing all the stuff that happened over the last week and a half, even they are like - enough of this shit.

Regardless, it is mind blowing that someone can change their mind only after the last four years because he looked like an assclown on tv versus Biden. So, suddenly people are like yeah I just can’t do it anymore...

Regardless, it is mind blowing that someone can change their mind only after the last four years because he looked like an assclown on tv versus Biden. So, suddenly people are like yeah I just can’t do it anymore...

Being a cult member is a hard habit to break. Admitting you were duped is not easy. That's how I look at it.

There is no bottom

The worst is still to come

Totally agree.

There is no bottom.

But I also think that he's now throat-deep in shit and has run out of time to climb out. Today he's extorting the country - vote for me if you want COVID relief. To be that craven with people's livelihoods is just a horrific policy to adopt 28 days prior to the election, but there he is, owning it all. You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.

And people don't want to vote for a loser so to the extent that your average person starts paying attention to the polls over the next 3-4 weeks, you'll see a further swing away from Trump.

Today he's extorting the country - vote for me if you want COVID relief. To be that craven with people's livelihoods is just a horrific policy to adopt 28 days prior to the election, but there he is, owning it all. You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.

I'm just stunned that he thinks that's a winning election strategy. I think the theories I've seen elsewhere that he knows he's going to lose and is just wanting to burn everything down on his way out are more likely.

There's also the fact that, given he's so hopped up on various medications, whatever thinking skills he did have, few though they may be, are probably all warped to hell right now, too.

That's exactly what my office manager told me. (65 yrs old)
He lost her at last week's debate.

Sorry, let me clarify. Is the bottom falling out of Trump's support? Seeing a 13, 15, 14, 11 point deficit today, do you think he will continue to drop some more? Are there actually chips coming off of Trump's concrete base?

I know there is no bottom of Trump's behavior.

Sorry, let me clarify. Is the bottom falling out of Trump's support? Seeing a 13, 15, 14, 11 point deficit today, do you think he will continue to drop some more? Are there actually chips coming off of Trump's concrete base?

I know there is no bottom of Trump's behavior.

I always assumed the bottom was roughly the same % of people who still had a positive impression of Dick Cheney right after he shot a man in the face. I think it was around the high 20s or low 30s. However, Trump has never gone that low in any polls so who knows.

EjqzS8YVoAY1eHN

You can really see his girdle in this one

I'm just stunned that he thinks that's a winning election strategy. I think the theories I've seen elsewhere that he knows he's going to lose and is just wanting to burn everything down on his way out are more likely.

There's also the fact that, given he's so hopped up on various medications, whatever thinking skills he did have, few though they may be, are probably all warped to hell right now, too.

He’s basically starting to shoot the hostages.

The guy carrying the nuclear launch codes for COVID. He followed Trump to the NJ fundraising. After he had tested positive.

This kind of insane recklessness should be grounds for automatic removal from one's job, at the very least, if not potential prison time. The level of selfishness and stupidity here just gets more and more mind-boggling and horrifying.

Would that Biden and the Democrats, if they win in November, could move in sooner than January...

Ipsos national poll - Biden +12 (up from +8 just a couple days ago)

That makes the average just from polls out today - Biden +10.8

So you see again the difference. First Ipsos poll was Oct. 2-3 - So post Covid diagnosis.
This one is Oct 2-6 - So a good portion of it was taken post joy ride and post mask removal / infomercial at the WH...

Last edited:
If this isn’t 25th amendment territory, I don’t know what is.

If they want a prayer of retaining the Senate, the GOP should do this.

They’re in way too deep. There’s no hope for the senate. Their only hope for retaining the senate is that they got it right and the polls are not telling the whole picture.

There are zero things they can do to reverse time less than one month from the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom