US Politics XXVI: Sorry you're not Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BztaDCHCQAEKJeh.jpg

Civil wars have started for a lot less...

Sometimes these things get blown out of proportion, but here you have Republican state officials openly discussing - the GOP Chairman in PA, on the record! - basically dismissing the popular vote and, if it comes to that, appointing electors.

Last edited:
We need to fight like hell if they even try and actively pull this shit on Election Day.

Like I said in the last thread, if Biden and the Democrats do win, and we miraculously manage to get Trump and his cronies the fuck out of here for good, actions such as what the Trump campaign are trying to pull are plenty good enough reason to reverse and remove every single appointee his administration has put in place these last four years, up to and including his Supreme Court picks.

He was impeached for trying to fuck with our elections (and he's done so THREE times at thatl-Russia, the Ukraine mess, and screwing with mail-in ballots, alongside actively telling his supporters to vote twice). He's let hundreds of thousands of people die in a pandemic he's refused to do anything about. He tear-gassed peaceful protesters for a photo op and allowed federal agents to kidnap protesters off the streets and throw them into unmarked vans.

And now this. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. He has refused to honor and respect the laws and norms of this country and has no issues with abusing or mistreating this country's citizens for his own personal gain. We should refuse to respect and honor any polices he supported, or people he appointed, if we're able to take back the reins.

And he absolutely NEEDS to be held criminally accountable as well.

Seems like the midwest is shifting a bit more towards Biden.

Polls out the last couple days

PA with better numbers, WI, MN and MI staying very strong, Iowa - Biden +3, OH - Biden +1

and just a bonus, GA - tied.

Iowa is a big standout here. The average now has them tied here, where Trump won by 9.

Given the planned Biden spend in Iowa, you have to think that their internals are telling them it's within striking distance and has been for a couple of weeks. The big bonus there would not so much be the state itself as the Senate seat.

Given the planned Biden spend in Iowa, you have to think that their internals are telling them it's within striking distance and has been for a couple of weeks. The big bonus there would not so much be the state itself as the Senate seat.
And that's the key - these typically red states that are showing as possibly going for Biden should not get big spends from the Biden campaign unless there's a good chance at flipping a Senate seat as well.

Let Bloomberg and The Lincoln Project spend the money in Texas, etc.

i've been thinking this for a while. Obama cleaned up twice in Iowa. and Midwesterners are temperamentally much different than Southerners, who are much more bloodthirsty/resentful in general. they probably are sick of the chaos and would rather return to the relative civility of the mid-Obama years. it seems much more winnable than Texas, and probably more winnable than Georgia.

and as you say, with Ernst comes the Senate.

Not only internals. The Siena/NYT poll this morning had him at +3, and polling averages show basically a tied race. He’s been strong with the more secular whites in the north.

Good thing Harry (no longer Prince I guess but maybe it's just no longer Duke? It's confusing) has Trump to wish him luck in his marriage to Meghan. After their voting video, a reporter asked Trump about that yesterday

I truly believe that's one reason that Meghan is so vilified, because she speaks out against Trump and did so before she ever met Harry. Trump called her nasty, his favorite word for women who don't like him. Plenty of other reasons that she is vilified, but that is one.

In a day when Trump refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power, the press was asking him about the royal family. If that is not indicative of where this country is, I'm not sure what is.

In a day when Trump refused to commit to a peaceful transfer of power, the press was asking him about the royal family. If that is not indicative of where this country is, I'm not sure what is.

Yes indeed. They hand these distractions to Trump on a silver platter.

It's interesting that they are not even hiding the plan.

[TWEET]1309137426821132289[/TWEET]

Ever think you'd see a President booed when he shows up to pay respects to a deceased Supreme Court justice? Well done Donnie-you get the respect that you earn, show to others yourself, and thus deserve.

The Hill.com

September 24, 2020 - 10:20 AM EDT
Trump met with chants of protest as he pays respects to Ruth Bader Ginsburg

BY MORGAN CHALFANT

President Trump and first lady Melania Trump were met with loud chants of protest as they paid respects to the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg at the Supreme Court on Thursday.

Crowds booed and chanted "vote him out" and "honor her wish" - an apparent reference to Ginsburg telling her granddaughter that her final wish was for the next president to fill her seat - during Trump's appearance, which was carried live on television networks. The president and the first lady walked out of the front doors of the court onto the front steps and spent several moments standing in silence beside Ginsburg's casket, which was wrapped in an American flag. As the chants of protest grew loud, the pair walked back into the court.

The president wore a blue face mask decorated with the presidential seal. Other top White House officials also observed the casket after Trump, including White House counsel Pat Cipollone and national security adviser Robert O'Brien.

I'd be interested in seeing the "lots of polling" he's talking about. I would say the record number of ballot requests and record number of voters that have come to the polls in person in the few states that have had early in person voting has me doubting this. Also common sense. It would seem the opposite to me. Someone says you can't vote, the more people want to come out to vote.
I would say that the Trump cult who thinks that their dear leader will win whether they vote or not, cause he's magic and the polls were SO wrong in 2016 (they weren't) that they really don't have as much motivation.

I think this was the same guy that pushed the Tara Reade story too right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom