US Politics XXV: At Least We're Not Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bravo on the title!

And yes, each day that ticks by gives me a sense of some relief, but a little bit bigger dose of anxiety and fear.

Well, I guess there isn't anything to worry about after all.

Trump just said that he isn't trying to slow down the mail, in fact, he's only been trying to speed it up.

On particularly trying days, I say they name of this thread out loud three times in a row while looking into a mirror.

Well, I guess there isn't anything to worry about after all.

Trump just said that he isn't trying to slow down the mail, in fact, he's only been trying to speed it up.

Removing sorting machines and drop boxes, and telling letter carriers to go home even when they haven't finished delivering-yes, that will definitely speed up the mail.

If only he cared half as much about slowing down covid. Incompetent assclown.

On particularly trying days, I say the name of this thread out loud three times in a row while looking into a mirror.

Let's be very clear here. The media is too stupid to actually do any follow up questions or push back, so just be aware of the specific words these corrupt pieces of shit use.

Meadows - The USPS will not be dismantling any high capacity mail sorting machines before the elections. Not the word dismantling. Decommissioning, moving, shutting down, etc... is not the same, but has the same end effect.

Also they said they will not be removing any more public mailboxes. Again. Removing.

But...

EflJRH4UwAETS44.jpg

This is pretty hilarious.

There will be over 40 speakers at the #DemConvention.
In comparison, the Republican National Convention has announced only THREE speakers: Melania Trump, Mike Pence & Donald Trump.

Also:
https://twitter.com/dgordon52/status/1295470755631763459

The DNC Convention will feature:

2 fmr Presidents
The Speaker of the House
2 fmr First Ladies
1 fmr Vice President
4 fmr nominees
2 fmr Secretary of State

Meanwhile the RNC Convention is featuring Trump all 4 nights.

That’s the difference between a party and a cult.

It’s really just him and Pence since Melania
will just re-read Michelle Obama’s speech like last time.

In comparison, the Republican National Convention has announced only THREE speakers: Melania Trump, Mike Pence & Donald Trump.

Also:

2 fmr Presidents

The Speaker of the House

2 fmr First Ladies

1 fmr Vice President

4 fmr nominees

2 fmr Secretary of State

In fairness while I agree that what the republicans are putting forward is a joke and a cult, the American people are not impressed by a giant list of politicians and showing a list of accolades does little here. Should focus more on how much of a joke Donald Trump is, because nobody is currently proud of the Democratic Party by any stretch.

Also:

2 fmr Presidents

The Speaker of the House

2 fmr First Ladies

1 fmr Vice President

4 fmr nominees

2 fmr Secretary of State

There should be one less former president on that docket, all things considered.

Why doesn’t the DNC hire more Hollywood folks? Literally no one is doing anything in Hollywood right now. They have no excuse for not being better at these things.

It’s getting better. Rough start. Hit its stride channeling COVID anger.

Memorable line of the night from a woman who lost her dad to COVID: “his only preexisting condition was voting for Donald Trump.”

Apparently I’m the only one watching, but highlight was by far Michelle O.

Her ability to create connection is borderline supernatural.

We don’t have 50,000 new cases and 1,000 new deaths every day, nor do we have any gun violence, nor do we have a sociopathic leader, and we also have largely free healthcare, but sure, at least you’re not Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom