US Politics XXV: At Least We're Not Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the over under on Donnie inappropriately leering at and touching Ivanka like he did in 2016? After she talks about what a great President he's been, of course.

nobody's going to outright use the n-word, but every dog in america is about to spend the next week howling.

Agreed — it won’t be intentional. Just wondering if someone will slip up.

I am SO excited to see what’s in store for us next week. It’s gonna be lit like a cross on a front lawn.

I see that states have started dropping Kanye West from the ballot on account of late filing. These people can't even cheat competently.

It looks official now, with the drop from Ohio, I don’t see west being on any crucial swing state ballots.

Also, the Green Party candidate Hawkins has been blocked from the WI ballot due to paperwork issues.

Those two off the ballot in WI could be a safe percentage point of vote for Biden. Green got 31k votes last time and they were saying that West could get 100k in WI. Which I doubt, but even if 10% of those votes went to Biden it would be more than the vote difference in 2016.

This could go into the other thread but it’s basically a political statement, nothing to do with health

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1297138862108663808?s=21

Looks like he wants the Putin method for vaccine.

What’s so fucking dangerous about this isn’t the lack of safety (which is very dangerous), it’ll be the complete break down of trust towards medicine, doctors, and science in the future. If we rush a “cure” with no evidence it works, and it doesn’t work, then this country won’t take another damn vaccine again

This could go into the other thread but it’s basically a political statement, nothing to do with health

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1297138862108663808?s=21

Looks like he wants the Putin method for vaccine.

What’s so fucking dangerous about this isn’t the lack of safety (which is very dangerous), it’ll be the complete break down of trust towards medicine, doctors, and science in the future. If we rush a “cure” with no evidence it works, and it doesn’t work, then this country won’t take another damn vaccine again

He’s trying to set up the following: “they have a vaccine and are keeping it from you because they want me to lose; but if I win, I’ll crush my Deep State enemies and let vaccine relief rain down on us the victorious.” It’s like idiot supervillain world.

Also of note: there are two forming hurricanes barreling towards the Gulf of Mexico, and expected to make landfall. That’s two more major opportunities for Trump to fail, like he usually does.

It’s gonna be a week.

Last edited:
It’s the amount of hate that’s going to come out of next week that may bother me the most. Their conventions are always full of it but there’s no filter or bottom anymore.

I think it could end up being one of the saddest weeks this country has had in regards to its ideals and morale

It’s the amount of hate that’s going to come out of next week that may bother me the most. Their conventions are always full of it but there’s no filter or bottom anymore.

I think it could end up being one of the saddest weeks this country has had in regards to its ideals and morale

And sadly I don’t think it will do much to alter his standing in the polls. Some people are gonna be swayed by it, some will be turned off. The best hope is that Biden gets a small bump that can possibly sustained.

I truly can’t imagine some of the shit that’s gonna happen next week.

The problem is people are tired of it, or they take it as filler to drive ratings (and not wrong).

A lot of my friends back in Iowa don’t take how serious this election is. Most will vote for Biden but they still hold on to this belief that our system of checks and balances will keep us from ever turning into a Russia, Nazi Germany, or any other dictatorship.

Most of my friends are upper middle class, and tend to focus on the stock market more than the actual economy. I feel like a lot of people don’t care until they see their 401k empty

Maryanne Trump Barry was serving as a federal judge when she heard her brother, President Trump, suggest on Fox News, “maybe I'll have to put her at the border” amid a wave of refugees entering the United States. At the time, children were being separated from their parents and put in cramped quarters while court hearings dragged on.

“All he wants to do is appeal to his base,” Barry said in a conversation secretly recorded by her niece, Mary L. Trump. “He has no principles. None. None. And his base, I mean my God, if you were a religious person, you want to help people. Not do this.”

Barry, 83, was aghast at how her 74-year-old brother operated as president. “His goddamned tweet and lying, oh my God,” she said. “I’m talking too freely, but you know. The change of stories. The lack of preparation. The lying. Holy shit.”

This is fun

Mary Trump recorded her Aunt because she knew she'd be subject to lawsuits. She already has been. She knows how ruthless her family is.

Should she have secretly recorded her? No. But I know exactly what it's like to have a narcissistic sibling who lies and has no principles. People don't believe you when you simply tell the truth about who they are and what they do. They have so many people manipulated and bamboozled, just look at Trump. He got himself to the WH doing that.

I gotta say that knowing what is coming this week, that one thing that the DNC didn't do that it should have, was to pre-counter program for Trump's bullshit. Not all of his lies. That's impossible. But one in particular, that I think is going to be the largest theme he sticks with, because it really is all he has.

During every keynote speakers presentation, Biden, Harris, Sanders, Warren, Michelle, Barack, etc...

They should have said some version of...

What you will hear the current occupant of the White House falsely claim is that if Joe Biden is elected, that violent uprisings will come and destroy every city in America. But the truth is that the protests and frustration we see in demonstrations across the country are only happening because of his inaction around this pandemic, and the racism, hate and division that he has spewed from the day he took office. The people in the streets are there to speak out against the policies of his administration. Electing Joe, will finally bring calm and healing, that comes only from a president that listens, cares and takes action to bring long needed change.

This should have been stated over and over again there, and in every interview after.

In case you were wondering how far out of whack Rasmussen polling is from the rest of the field....

YouGov RV's
Disapprove +21

YouGov All
Disapprove +18

Rasmussen Reports/Pulse Opinion Research RV's
Approve +4

American Research Group RV's
Disapprove +21

American Research Group All
Disapprove +21

Interesting timing. Is the breakthrough called Four More Years therapeutic?

White House: President Trump to announce Sunday a 'major therapeutic breakthrough' on COVID-19

By: Scripps NationalPosted at 9:22 AM, Aug 23, 2020 and last updated 2:37 PM, Aug 23, 2020

On Saturday, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany tweeted that President Donald Trump was going to host a press conference on Sunday regarding a "major therapeutic breakthrough" on the coronavirus.

"News conference with President @realDonaldTrump at 6 pm tomorrow concerning a major therapeutic breakthrough on the China Virus," McEnany tweeted. "Secretary Azar and Dr. Hahn will be in attendance."

Earlier on Saturday, President Trump added that the Food and Drug Administration was "making it very difficult for drug companies to get people in order to test the vaccines and therapeutics."

"Obviously, they are hoping to delay the answer until after November 3rd," the president tweeted. "Must focus on speed and saving lives!" he added, tagging FDA Commissioner Steve Hahn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom