Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2020, 06:39 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
We talking about the couple in St. Louis or the first family?

Both being billionaires exemplify what's wrong with America.

Old 08-18-2020, 06:39 AM   #42
Blue Crack Distributor

Live shot of cobbler after he read the title thread

https://youtu.be/4JQK4bH0J-o

Old 08-18-2020, 07:05 AM   #43
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
We talking about the couple in St. Louis or the first family?

For me, the STLers packing heat and 25 extra pounds.
Old 08-18-2020, 07:28 AM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

Biden and Harris are going to do a.joint interview with David Muir. I think it will be shown Sunday night.

No question off limits. I assume he will ask Sen Harris about believing Tara Reade. At one point she said Biden's accusers should be believed. I don't really know the details, but people keep bringing it up.
Old 08-18-2020, 07:42 AM   #45
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
For me, the STLers packing heat and 25 extra pounds.
I'm not certain they are billionaires as womanfish's post stated. Can't find that anywhere. But they are certainly very well off based on their home. Probably scrimped and saved money to get there by doing all their fine dining at Burger King, and not paying 10 bucks a month to Planet Fitness.
Old 08-18-2020, 07:44 AM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Biden and Harris are going to do a.joint interview with David Muir. I think it will be shown Sunday night.

No question off limits. I assume he will ask Sen Harris about believing Tara Reade. At one point she said Biden's accusers should be believed. I don't really know the details, but people keep bringing it up.
Its an easy answer..."we need to take all accusations seriously and believe them until proven otherwise, in this case I have since heard all sides of the story and now believe Uncle Joe."
Old 08-18-2020, 08:20 AM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I'm not certain they are billionaires as womanfish's post stated. Can't find that anywhere. But they are certainly very well off based on their home. Probably scrimped and saved money to get there by doing all their fine dining at Burger King, and not paying 10 bucks a month to Planet Fitness.

But homes in St Louis — as in most red states — are basically free, no matter the square footage.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:22 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:42 PM
Sorry guys, not sure why I thought they were billionaires. I guess they are worth about 50 million. All I know is he looked like Nathan Lane in kulat pants, and the inside of their house looks like it was decorated by Melania Trump.

A couple other takeaways.
I think we can all be glad Whitmer was not the VP pick
And
When Michelle speaks I cry. 20 damn seconds in and I had tears. Jeez.

And tonight’s speaking line up, at least the big names looks like the night to skip.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:23 AM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier

US Politics XXV: At Least We're Not Australia

Quote:
Its an easy answer..."we need to take all accusations seriously and believe them until proven otherwise, in this case I have since heard all sides of the story and now believe Uncle Joe."

Agreed. This is where “believe all women” can be as politically problematic a slogan as “defund the police.” Most people will agree with the actual intentions behind these slogans — take accusations and accusers seriously from the start, reallocate resources so that police are deployed appropriately and focus on preventing crime — but the slogans themselves are pretty easy to find fault with.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:32 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

The RNC keeps wracking up the big names

https://mobile.twitter.com/anniekarn...64683164950529
Old 08-18-2020, 08:35 AM   #51
Blue Crack Addict

Trump just announced that he will pardon Susan B Anthony. Wtaf

Hey guys, I'm voting for Trump now. Deal sealed.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:41 AM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

I wonder who thought up the Susan B Anthony thing, probably Ivanka. So damn insulting and pandering.

It's Trump's Sarah Palin
Old 08-18-2020, 09:19 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I wonder who thought up the Susan B Anthony thing, probably Ivanka. So damn insulting and pandering.

It's Trump's Sarah Palin
Thank God he's working on matters relevant to people today. Everyone who's without a job, can't pay their mortgage or is in hospital with COVID will love to hear about posthumous pardons.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:00 AM   #54
War Child

I'm sure the Obama and Sanders speeches were fine and went over well. But I really don't understand the need to load up the lineup with Republicans. I mean, I do, because the Democratic Party finds more kinship with centrist Republicans than they do with leftists. But it's still fucking offensive. Anti-choice, anti-union, climate change deniers, etc. I don't give a flying fuck about John Kasich's opinion. The guy is a misogynistic, classist piece of shit. Having him on was as embarrassing as Michael Bloomberg in 2016.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:50 AM   #55
War Child

Also, what the hell is going on with Massachusetts? First, Joe Kennedy decides to primary Ed Markey for his senate seat with no clear reason for doing so, and gets a ton of support from key Democratic Party players in the process. Then, you have this attempted hit job on a young House challenger in Alex Morse, followed by the state party trying to cover up their involvement. Now, they're using a need for "impartiality" as an excuse to not bother investigating further until after the election.
Old 08-18-2020, 11:00 AM   #56
Blue Crack Supplier

Kennedy attempting to climb the ladder is inevitable, I think he had decided against challenging Liz Warren years ago and didn't want to wait 6 more years, so ran now, even though its probably a little early. Markey probably would have retired after one more term and in essence ceded his seat to Kennedy, but patience has never been a hallmark of the Kennedy family.
Old 08-18-2020, 11:16 AM   #57
Blue Crack Supplier

this continues to be a very, very important issue that still isn't getting enough attention:

Quote:
WASHINGTON — In a thousand-page bipartisan report released Tuesday, the Senate Intelligence Committee said the Trump administration obstructed its investigation with "novel claims" of executive privilege. It painted a portrait of a Trump campaign eager to accept help from a foreign power in 2016.

The Senate report, the most detailed account to date of the Trump campaign's embrace of Russian election interference, also asserted that the allegations that Ukraine interfered in the election — which President Donald Trump perpetuated — originated with Russian intelligence agencies.

The report highlighted some never-before-seen evidence about Trump and Russia, including three allegations of potentially compromising material relating to Trump's private trips to Russia that were unconnected to the dossier compiled by former British spy Christopher Steele.

"Separate from Steele's memos, which the Committee did not use for support, the Committee became aware of three general sets of allegations" involving women, the report said, two of which described a tape. No such allegations were confirmed, but the finding lent new credence to at least one claim in the widely discredited Steele dossier.

The committee endorsed the view of special counsel Robert Mueller and the Roger Stone prosecution team that the Trump campaign eagerly embraced Russian help in 2016, and considered the hacked emails its "October surprise" even though campaign officials knew the material was stolen by Russian intelligence.

"While the GRU and WikiLeaks were releasing hacked documents, the Trump Campaign sought to maximize the impact of those materials to aid Trump's electoral prospects," the report said. "To do so, the Trump campaign took actions to obtain advance notice about WikiLeaks releases of Clinton emails; took steps to obtain inside information about the content of releases once WikiLeaks began to publish stolen information; created messaging strategies to promote and share the materials in anticipation of and following their release; and encouraged further theft of information and continued leaks."

The committee said it also developed evidence that Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort may have been connected to the Russian operation to steal and leak Democratic emails. If that had been proven in court, it would have constituted "collusion," by any definition, but no such charge ever was brought.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...rvhFgyobb8SMdg
Old 08-18-2020, 11:39 AM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
this continues to be a very, very important issue that still isn't getting enough attention:
Absolutely. Again, this is coming from a majority Republican Senate committee. And again, this would be the end of any candidate but Trump. And we can thank droopy dog Barr for his pre-exoneration of Trump, and really Mueller for not stating more plainly that there was indeed collusion.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:29 PM   #59
War Child

Quote:
Kennedy attempting to climb the ladder is inevitable, I think he had decided against challenging Liz Warren years ago and didn't want to wait 6 more years, so ran now, even though its probably a little early. Markey probably would have retired after one more term and in essence ceded his seat to Kennedy, but patience has never been a hallmark of the Kennedy family.
It seems reductive to say he's just another name in a political dynasty, but he really is. He stands for nothing and just wants to do what's next. There was actually quite a bit he could have legitimately criticized Markey for, but clearly he either agrees with him on those issues or does not care about them. Either way, he is an empty suit with a name, and doesn't even seem to have any of the charm that allowed previous Kennedy's to skate on through.
Old 08-18-2020, 12:33 PM   #60
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Dunk View Post
I'm sure the Obama and Sanders speeches were fine and went over well. But I really don't understand the need to load up the lineup with Republicans. I mean, I do, because the Democratic Party finds more kinship with centrist Republicans than they do with leftists. But it's still fucking offensive. Anti-choice, anti-union, climate change deniers, etc. I don't give a flying fuck about John Kasich's opinion. The guy is a misogynistic, classist piece of shit. Having him on was as embarrassing as Michael Bloomberg in 2016.
Maybe, and hear me out here, but maybe it's because they want to chase independents and moderate Republicans who are sick of trump so that they can win the election in November.

I know - it's a crazy thought. But golly it might be worth a shot .

Closed Thread