US Politics XXIV: Your Country Sucks - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2020, 03:13 PM   #141
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:16 AM
The Washington redskins and the Cleveland Indians as “fabled franchises” is golden

LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:16 PM   #142
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...008303616?s=21

Guess figures he’s hurting so bad in the polls might as well push the racist narrative and see!
This guy disagrees with the president's take and wishes he'd get back to fucking work.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...303923712?s=19

Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:27 PM   #143
Refugee

There’s always a tweet
DeVaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:37 PM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:16 PM
At some point he’s going to tweet the N word and all the GOP and admin will try to make us believe he’s really bringing a conversation to the table, not derogatory
BEAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 04:01 PM   #145
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...09946085339136

This is his covid response in a nutshell. It MUST happen!!! But I have put no thought, effort or plan forward to actually make that happen.
womanfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 04:08 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...79710849282051
Old 07-06-2020, 04:09 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...09946085339136

This is his covid response in a nutshell. It MUST happen!!! But I have put no thought, effort or plan forward to actually make that happen.

Meanwhile Trumpster dumpster just had ICE threaten that international students might be forced to go home.

But this must happen!!!!
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 04:44 PM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I refuse to get overly excited. I'm still scarred by election night 2016.

Related/unrelated - I do still believe that if things continue to spiral that Trump will cut and run.

I think the lynchpin will be funding. Trump has a slight edge on Biden currently. If that starts to slip and the outside donors dry up because they are afraid of supporting a sinking ship, I think the possibilities of him bailing go up.

I know, I know... He's a narcissist. His ego will never let him do it. Blah blah blah.

To think it wouldn't cross his mind shows a complete lack of understanding of the man's entire career.

Cutting out just before the whole shit can collapses, disavowing all responsibility and cutting himself a handsome deal is literally his entire history of, well, everything.
Agreed. Like I've said before, he can easily spin a resignation speech in his favor if he has to go that route. He may not want to resign, his ego would make it hard for him to admit he needs to resign, but if his back's against the wall and he has no other choices, then yeah, I can see him doing it to try and save himself.

And I would be more than fine with doing whatever's possible to hurry along that particular option.
Moonlit_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 06:57 PM   #149
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

So now we know PPP loans went to:

The Daily Caller
The Ayn Rand Institute
Kushner Family
Kanye West
Devin Nunes' winery

This is not from The Onion.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:05 PM   #150
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Was the Faustian Bargain the Republicans Made Worth It?

Many Republicans are secretly disgusted by Donald Trump but think it was worth supporting him to get two conservative Supreme Court justices and almost 200 judges on the lower courts. This is the ultimate Faustian bargain: They sold out all their principles on free markets, rule of law, immigration, international cooperation, and more to stack the federal courts for decades to come. But was it worth it?

Maybe not. Of the Trump judges, 143 are district judges, 53 are appellate judges, and 2 are international trade judges. Another 44 judges are in pipeline, but not all are certain of confirmation this year. Suppose Trump gets all of them. Then he would have filled 242 judge positions of the 851 in the federal judiciary. That is 28%. That may be impressive for a single term, but if all Trump gets is a single term, it is not so impressive. Barack Obama got 327 judges confirmed. George W. Bush got 326 confirmed. Bill Clinton got 376 confirmed.

If Joe Biden wins and the Democrats control the Senate, they are likely to expand the federal judiciary quickly and move to get more judges confirmed than Trump. Judges can't be filibustered. Further, by the end of this year, 77 appellate court judges will be 65 or older. At that point they can take senior status and get a reduced workload while creating a full-time vacancy for a new young judge. Judges appointed by a Democratic president who are eligible for senior status are very likely to take it as soon as there is a Democratic president. Some Republican judges may take it, too, for the lower workload at full pay. So, in one term, Biden may be able to neutralize Trump's impact on the federal courts, in which case some Republicans may be sorry they sold out their principles for nothing.

Here is another factor to consider: It is tough for any party to win three consecutive presidential terms. Since World War II, only Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush pulled this off. But it is widely expected that if Biden wins, he will serve only one term. If his veep (or another Democrat) is elected in 2024, there will be an incumbent running in 2028, greatly increasing the likelihood of the Democrats getting three consecutive terms, with all the judicial nominations that might entail.

If Biden is really concerned about the courts, it is even conceivable that in Jan. 2024 he announces that he is no longer up to the job due to his advanced age and resigns as president. This would not only make his veep president, but it would make it very hard for a Democratic challenger to mount a campaign fast enough, with filing deadlines rapidly approaching. It would also allow his veep to run as an incumbent in 2024 and potentially serve two full terms in addition to his final year. So in 10 years, a lot of Republicans could be wondering whether the Faustian bargain they made was worth it. (V)
https://www.electoral-vote.com/evp20...06.html#item-3
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:39 PM   #151
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Quote:
If Biden is really concerned about the courts, it is even conceivable that in Jan. 2024 he announces that he is no longer up to the job due to his advanced age and resigns as president. This would not only make his veep president, but it would make it very hard for a Democratic challenger to mount a campaign fast enough, with filing deadlines rapidly approaching. It would also allow his veep to run as an incumbent in 2024 and potentially serve two full terms in addition to his final year.
That's some admirably... optimistic conjecture on the writer's part.
Diemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 07:52 PM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

The Daily Caller
The Ayn Rand Institute
Kushner Family
Kanye West
Devin Nunes' winery

Add Grover Norquist's institution to the list.
gump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 08:33 PM   #153
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
Add Grover Norquist's institution to the list.
Also looks like at least 7 other members of Congress. And I can’t believe it, but it seems like they are all Republicans. I’m really surprised
Old 07-06-2020, 10:00 PM   #154
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

There’s truly someone for everyone

https://twitter.com/shamusmc1/status...289093121?s=21
Old 07-07-2020, 07:58 AM   #155
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Dem Senate Q2 fundraising so far are all massive, and big increases from past quarters even amid Covid environment w limits in person

Bullock $7.7mil (more than doubled previous quarter)

Gideon $9mil ($2m increase)

Cunningham $7.4mil ($3m increase)

Harrison $13.9mil (nearly double previous)
Old 07-07-2020, 03:33 PM   #156
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

The Daily Caller
The Ayn Rand Institute
Kushner Family
Kanye West
Devin Nunes' winery

And TB12, Tom Brady's company. Ridiculous, he could singlehandedly keep that company afloat and pay all the employees. Offensive, his company should pay that back.
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 03:40 PM   #157
Blue Crack Addict

CNN obtained a copy of Mary Trump's book. She calls him a sociopath (she is a clinical psychologist) and also alleges that the family paid someone to take Trump's SATs for him. I find both things completely believable.
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:15 PM   #158
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
In April 2017, the president’s extended family was welcomed to a dinner at the White House to celebrate the birthdays of Maryanne and Elizabeth Trump, the president’s sisters. At the dinner, Mary Trump remembers that her uncle gestured toward Eric Trump’s wife, Lara, saying that he “barely even knew who the fuck she was, honestly, but then she gave a great speech during the campaign in Georgia supporting me.” Eric and Lara Trump had been married for eight years at that point.
100% believe this.
anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:49 PM   #159
Blue Crack Distributor

I can't wait to read this book
Headache in a Suitcase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:56 AM   #160
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Anyone else seen all the videos of the Q people taking the oath ?

It’s really cheesy but same time kinda sinister as it feels like they’re being programmed to take action whenever Q gives the signal (or Trump). It’s also a weird spectrum of society that’s a part of it. Majority is the MAGA crowd but you’ve got some liberal anti vaxxers that have overlapped. Basically a army of Karen’s