US Politics XXIV: Your Country Sucks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love for him to name Hillary Clinton as his VP, just for a 24 hour window to see FoxNews explode.

Then Clinton steps away and it’s given to Abrams.

I do think Biden needs a young, progressive Veep

Susan Rice is at the bottom of my list because of the ties to the Clintons and the fact that she's never been elected to anything. She is capable and intelligent and well spoken, but the baggage is just a lot - and needlessly so since there are other good candidates for the position.

Susan Rice is at the bottom of my list because of the ties to the Clintons and the fact that she's never been elected to anything. She is capable and intelligent and well spoken, but the baggage is just a lot - and needlessly so since there are other good candidates for the position.

I agree completely. I think Susan Rice would be a big mistake.

I would love for him to name Hillary Clinton as his VP, just for a 24 hour window to see FoxNews explode.

I would love it to be Abrams. Pretty positive it won't be, but on the surface, young, brilliant and charismatic. Probably not as progressive as people have made her out to be, but perception is everything. I think it probably comes down to making people comfortable with someone who could step into the Oval Office if need be. Unless there were other things that came up during vetting.

I still think Harris has an air of youth about her, while still having deep experience. She could step right into the Pres. role, and she will be one of the best VP choices in decades to run for president in the next cycle.
She's also rated the number one most liberal senator on her voting record. So she is a little like Biden. Biden is thought of as a moderate, and his history mostly backs this up. But if you take a look at his current policy plans (since working with the Sanders team) he is much farther left than most people think.
In the end, that's a great thing. Get ex-Repubs/Never Trumpers, moderate Repubs, swing voters, indys, and suburbanites to vote for the "moderate" and liberals still get policies that they want to see once in office.

Absolutely the same for me. Susan Rice for Sec. of State.
VP brings Benghazi, deep state, obama spying, clintons... no, no, no...

The Dems have been really bad at this for a while. I’m not getting hopes up

Absolutely the same for me. Susan Rice for Sec. of State.

VP brings Benghazi, deep state, obama spying, clintons... no, no, no...

The Biden team has done a really good job keeping a lid on this, and keeping us guessing.

And my guess is Biden would prefer to work with Rice, because she’s supposedly highly regarded by Biden and Obama, but she does have those negatives and hasn’t been tested at all as a political candidate.

That would be one of the dumbest stunts ever and would cost him a tremendous amount of credibility.

(CNN)Joe Biden has selected his running mate, revealing to top advisers on Tuesday the woman he will invite to join his Democratic presidential ticket, two people familiar with the matter tell CNN.

He is poised to make the announcement as early as Tuesday.

Just mind boggling that he had the nerve to say this, considering.

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said Tuesday that rival Joe Biden had "roped himself" into picking a woman as his running mate and suggested "some people" would say men might be insulted by the Democrat's insistence on doing so.

Just mind boggling that he had the nerve to say this, considering.

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said Tuesday that rival Joe Biden had "roped himself" into picking a woman as his running mate and suggested "some people" would say men might be insulted by the Democrat's insistence on doing so.

Well come on. We real, non-soy latte sipping MEN, know that the only time you pick a woman for a man's job is if you are made to by force or if you are tricked!!

Either Biden sent out that convention schedule to throw everyone off, or it’s down to Rice and Demings.

May have been an intentional decoy, but I really think it was more that they had to put out a DNC speaker schedule, and the people coordinating the schedule still don't know any more than we do about who the VP pick is.
Unfortunately I still feel like Rice is a good possibility, and that schedule did nothing to alleviate my fears.

May have been an intentional decoy, but I really think it was more that they had to put out a DNC speaker schedule, and the people coordinating the schedule still don't know any more than we do about who the VP pick is.
Unfortunately I still feel like Rice is a good possibility, and that schedule did nothing to alleviate my fears.

when Biden was picked he told everyone that he wasn't the pick like 48 hours before it was announced that he was the pick.

so who knows.

EfKnoKfXYAAjmIw

I actually read that she unfollowed Biden on Twitter yesterday. Speculation was that it was a possible ethics violation if she was the choice (that's weird). Or that she unfollowed him cause she was ticked off because he didn't pick her :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom