US Politics XXII: Idk About You, But This Is Thread 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly: why is he “awful, awful”?

He’s a total generic Democrat placeholder who will continue the party and the country’s gradual march leftward. He won’t start stupid wars. More people will get health care. We will love closer towards a public option and eventually to Medicare for All. He will appoint center-left judges. He will Moe towards some version of a Green New Deal.

He will do all the things any center-left Democrat would do while in office, and likely be even more effective because he knows the Senate and because of his appeal to the center and to working class whites in rust belt states.

He isn’t promising the deep structural reform that Warren might, but without a Senate majority, how much of that would actually happen?

Please, justify for me what you mean by “awful, awful.”

Honestly, I'd be relatively pleased if he managed to get all the things you touched upon done. I would love to believe that he wants to drag your country left, but unfortunately the left are cynics regarding progressive change via the Democrats.

I think Biden's an awful candidate in 2020 because of his (at best) questionable history with women, his inability to deal with criticism even when the target is operating in good faith, support of the Iraq war among other things. His evident cognitive decline does not help but in fairness it's not his fault. I'd happily take Buttigieg as a candidate over Biden if mild social democracy is definitively off the table for a Democratic presidential candidate.

KJU is like Trump, teflon. Whatever is going on with him he'll probably make a complete recovery. Even if he doesn't, who will ever know? Trump probably ordered pallets of hydroxychloroquine be sent by military jet. Magic pill!

Some weird shit arising about Tara Reade.

https://twitter.com/mare_rescue/status/1251663325395468288

I knew Tara Reade (Tara McCabe) from 2006 to 2016. She stole from my nonprofit, lied, created stories to obtain sympathy and money. Fled across the nation from Calif. to Georgia to run away from an "abusive X". She is a fraud. Bragged about her work with Biden

Also looking like her story of an "abusive ex" may be false as well

Some weird shit arising about Tara Reade.

https://twitter.com/mare_rescue/status/1251663325395468288

I knew Tara Reade (Tara McCabe) from 2006 to 2016. She stole from my nonprofit, lied, created stories to obtain sympathy and money. Fled across the nation from Calif. to Georgia to run away from an "abusive X". She is a fraud. Bragged about her work with Biden

Also looking like her story of an "abusive ex" may be false as well

the accusation itself was instantly labeled here as "clear bullshit" and "laughably and obviously false" because it was "only flying on twitter", but this one random anonymous tweet from a horse farm that has nothing whatsoever backing it up is credible and believable. okay then.

I’m general I find it a bit fucked that people have a side to this. You shouldn’t have a side. You should just hope it’s not true, but allow facts to play out.

the accusation itself was instantly labeled here as "clear bullshit" and "laughably and obviously false" because it was "only flying on twitter", but this one random anonymous tweet from a horse farm that has nothing whatsoever backing it up is credible and believable. okay then.

Well, if you want to filter out anything that points to her be a fraudulent, lying thief that made up stories for her own benefit and sympathy, then that's your prerogative.

So far none of her assertions about who she spoke with while working in Washington have been supported, her story changes and she has political motives to make the accusation.

But sure, I'm sure she's completely legit.

I’m general I find it a bit fucked that people have a side to this. You shouldn’t have a side. You should just hope it’s not true, but allow facts to play out.

The facts are playing out. Like I've continued to say, if there is any further evidence to the accusations being true, I'm all ears. This is new information, so my initial skepticism is now seeming a bit more justified.
Again, if there is some sort of facts that come out to the contrary, then my mind is open to change.

for the record i'm not on the "biden is a rapist" team at all - i honestly have no idea either way. i just want this to be properly investigated. if it's bullshit then let's get biden properly cleared so it isn't hanging over him on election day and making people stay home thinking that their choice is between two rapists (we've already had a forum regular who's solid blue say they can't vote for him if this isn't disproven by nov). if it's not bullshit then he should be charged accordingly.

i just don't think it's a good look at all to be parroting anonymous unsourced tweets for the express purpose of undermining the accuser. the way some people here are so knee-jerk defensive over this (knowing full well that if she had accused trump there wouldn't be any pushback or attempts at discrediting her here at all) is frankly a little disturbing.

Last edited:
The facts are playing out. Like I've continued to say, if there is any further evidence to the accusations being true, I'm all ears. This is new information, so my initial skepticism is now seeming a bit more justified.

Again, if there is some sort of facts that come out to the contrary, then my mind is open to change.

While your most recent post only had a ever so slightly mild hint of bias in it, and while I certainly am not remembering who wrote what so this isn’t accusatory at you, in general I’m seeing a lot of “analysis” of reports coming out, with predetermined opinions clearly built into those comments. I think that was fair with Trump, if only because the evidence was tenth order of damning, but with practically anyone else, including Biden and every other individual called out in the MeToo era, everyone was far too quick to call something case closed the minute it was suggested, usually specific fo what side of the isle they fell on.

I’m too lazy to fix my giant run on sentence/paragraph.

for the record i'm not on the "biden is a rapist" team at all - i honestly have no idea either way. i just want this to be properly investigated. if it's bullshit then let's get biden properly cleared so it isn't hanging over him on election day and making people stay home thinking that their choice is between two rapists (we've already had a forum regular who's solid blue say they can't vote for him if this isn't disproven by nov). if it's not bullshit then he should be charged accordingly.

i just don't think it's a good look at all to be parroting anonymous unsourced tweets for the express purpose of undermining the accuser. the way some people here are so knee-jerk defensive over this (knowing full well that if she had accused trump there wouldn't be any pushback or attempts at discrediting her here at all) is frankly a little disturbing.

I get that. I guess I should present this more as - possible interesting info from an unvetted source. So I am not taking it at face value, but it is an avenue to at least be explored. I think the main thing that gives me pause is that there are reporters from every agency looking at this, and none of them have found anything corroborating to feel comfortable to report on it.
So, yeah it would be nice to have something found that would clear it up, but it's looking less likely every day.

Really don't need to hash this out anymore beyond this - but yea, I did find this particular accusation to be laughably false based not on its lack of coverage (that's a result of it being laughably false) but because of everything that surrounds the accusation...

-- her ever shifting story
-- the timing
-- who the amplification of the story was coming from
-- that she was teasing and tweeting "tic toc' about Biden before the story came out
-- her Putin fan fiction
-- I also think that the idea of the mainstream media ignoring a potential rape accusation of the Democratic nominee out of a dislike of Sanders or Trump to be ridiculous. if they felt there was a there there, they'd be all over it. And trust me when I say that major news organizations have absolutely dug deep into this looking for anything to justify pursuing it further.

Now let's toss in the police report - where she conveniently left off Biden's name to avoid being prosecuted for filing a falsified police report.

I'm not even touching this random horse Twitter lady - even though it seems legit, it also is just a random Twitter horse lady.

To me the only thing missing from this was someone saying they overhead something about it at a hipster coffee shop.

I was wrong in my tone in stating my doubt. We've been down that road already. There's a bit of stress going around right now if nobody's noticed. It came off as dismissive of accusations of assault in general. That was not my intent.

I should have left it said exactly as the Biden campaign said it - that reporters should feel free to investigate this to the end because it is false.

Last edited:
While your most recent post only had a ever so slightly mild hint of bias in it, and while I certainly am not remembering who wrote what so this isn’t accusatory at you, in general I’m seeing a lot of “analysis” of reports coming out, with predetermined opinions clearly built into those comments. I think that was fair with Trump, if only because the evidence was tenth order of damning, but with practically anyone else, including Biden and every other individual called out in the MeToo era, everyone was far too quick to call something case closed the minute it was suggested, usually specific fo what side of the isle they fell on.

I’m too lazy to fix my giant run on sentence/paragraph.

point taken. I'm just seeing a lot of "this is what we know" articles and none of them have answers. So this was just the most recent "accusation"that was put out there and I found it interesting. I'm glad that Biden at least owned up to the previous accusations of women feeling uncomfortable. And again, I'm not calling this case closed. I truly think this one may be a case where there are no real answers.

I get that. I guess I should present this more as - possible interesting info from an unvetted source. So I am not taking it at face value, but it is an avenue to at least be explored. I think the main thing that gives me pause is that there are reporters from every agency looking at this, and none of them have found anything corroborating to feel comfortable to report on it.
So, yeah it would be nice to have something found that would clear it up, but it's looking less likely every day.

i guess i misread your intent at first. this random tweet seemed to come out of nowhere (i don't think we've talked about this for a bit) and it appeared to me like you were presenting it as if it was actual evidence of something. in my opinion posting things like this tweet that are unverifiable anecdotes just muddies the waters and doesn't help. actual news content or tweets from reputable sources are fair game but this tweet is something that anyone with an agenda could have written for any reason. i know you are posting in good faith though and we both could have communicated better.

Really don't need to hash this out anymore beyond this - but yea, I did find this particular accusation to be laughably false based not on its lack of coverage (that's a result of it being laughably false) but because of everything that surrounds the accusation...

-- her ever shifting story
-- the timing
-- who the amplification of the story was coming from
-- that she was teasing and tweeting "tic toc' about Biden before the story came out
-- her Putin fan fiction
-- I also think that the idea of the mainstream media ignoring a potential rape accusation of the Democratic nominee out of a dislike of Sanders or Trump to be ridiculous. if they felt there was a there there, they'd be all over it. And trust me when I say that major news organizations have absolutely dug deep into this looking for anything to justify pursuing it further.

Now let's toss in the police report - where she conveniently left off Biden's name to avoid being prosecuted for filing a falsified police report.

I'm not even touching this random horse Twitter lady - even though it seems legit, it also is just a random Twitter horse lady.

To me the only thing missing from this was someone saying they overhead something about it at a hipster coffee shop.

I was wrong in my tone in stating my doubt. We've been down that road already. There's a bit of stress going around right now if nobody's noticed. It came off as dismissive of accusations of assault in general. That was not my intent.

I should have left it said exactly as the Biden campaign said it - that reporters should feel free to investigate this to the end because it is false.

yeah i didn't mention it to try to relitigate that part of the conversation from like a month ago - moreso to call out what seemed to be unquestioning acceptance of the horse lady tweet. i apologize if it came across that i was pointing any fingers at you and i appreciate your thoughtful explanation of your sensible stance.

Life is wasted on the living -- GOP - The ProLife Party - 2020

Nancy Pelosi did look really bad showing off her expensive fridge stocked with expensive ice cream. This ad will play very well

https://twitter.com/i/status/1252369647338319878

Nancy Pelosi did look really bad showing off her expensive fridge stocked with expensive ice cream. This ad will play very well

https://twitter.com/i/status/1252369647338319878

Objectively, a job well done with that ad.

Manipulative though.

Anyways, we should now see what Donald Trump’s many fridges look like. You fucking kidding me... how anyone can see this commercial and not wonder how Donald Trump is 100x worse is beyond me.

Objectively, a job well done with that ad.

Manipulative though.

Anyways, we should now see what Donald Trump’s many fridges look like. You fucking kidding me... how anyone can see this commercial and not wonder how Donald Trump is 100x worse is beyond me.

Absolutely, of course regarding Trump's wealth and excess. But the current Trump supporters don't even seem to view him that way at all. They seem to think he's just a plain talking tough guy who loves America and them. Standing up for the little guy.

If they actually cared about his wealth and privilege the whole delusion would be shattered. They'd have to see his narcissism too, and that ain't ever going to happen.

I think they're also trying to get Democrats who are really suffering financially during the pandemic. The ad portrays the highest profile Democrat as not giving a damn about their suffering.

I think they're also trying to get Democrats who are really suffering financially during the pandemic. The ad portrays the highest profile Democrat as not giving a damn about their suffering.

It's on the Democrats to run endless ads about Republican multi-millionaire Senators selling millions of bucks of their stock based on insider trading.

donald could show off his diet coke collection.

mcdonald's delivers now so there's definitely no food in there.

https://amp.jsonline.com/amp/2995101001?__twitter_impression=true

This could be huge for Biden’s chances in Wisconsin. Milwaukee votes heavily democratic so if this could result in higher voter turnout, it could swing the state back to blue.

I hope that this goes through. WI is where I grew up, and now it is one of the most corrupt states, legislatively in the country. I would be shocked if there wasn't some last minute blocking of absentee ballots or some other shit in WI.

Fingers crossed.

I hope that this goes through. WI is where I grew up, and now it is one of the most corrupt states, legislatively in the country. I would be shocked if there wasn't some last minute blocking of absentee ballots or some other shit in WI.

Fingers crossed.

It’s a very divided state. Madison is super liberal/progressive. Milwaukee has the highest African American population. Green Bay/Appleton is kind of split. Back in the 80’s, Black football players didn’t feel comfortable playing for the Packers because of racism, but that’s gotten way better. Funny how almost 30 years of winning does that. And then northern WI is mostly racist ignorant fucks.

It’s a very divided state. Madison is super liberal/progressive. Milwaukee has the highest African American population. Green Bay/Appleton is kind of split. Back in the 80’s, Black football players didn’t feel comfortable playing for the Packers because of racism, but that’s gotten way better. Funny how almost 30 years of winning does that. And then northern WI is mostly racist ignorant fucks.

Yeah, I lived there (for the most part) until I was 18 in 1993. Younger years in Appleton, later outside Milwaukee, And came back 2 years later and went to UW Madison. Incredible town.
The state was having a nice blue streak. Madison, blue collar workers, unions, and then with Scott Walker, and Reins Pubis, and Paul Ryan, came an unleashing of corrupt dirty tricks out of the state house.
I'm afraid for 2020 election shenanigans here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom