US POLITICS XX: Stuck In a Caucus You Can't Get Out Of

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Chappelle joked about how it's up to black people to save this country, but should they????

Texas has to be a spotlight right now with their voter suppression tactics. Aside from the epidemic forcing us to stay home, the GOP only wins 2020 with closing polls + purging voters.

This is why I think Stacy Abrams is a huge get for either candidate. This has been her cause since she had the Gov stolen from her in GA.

Get her on the ticket and I think people (of all races) may stand in line for days to get her into the WH

This can't be stated enough. There is a movement. There is a shift that is going on, and seeing African American's at the forefront finally, is a great moment for the party and country.

I think this also warrants a note of caution that Biden cannot and should not run solely to pander to the “economic anxiety” (spoiler alert: white) men in the rust belt. We are collectively sick of hearing that this group is literally the only one that matters.

abrams has said repeatedly that she's not interested in being anyone's VP.

Honestly, she’s also not ready. I think she’s wonderful. But she needs to win something statewide first. She’s going to be one 77-year old man’s heartbeat away from the presidency.

I felt the same way about Pete. They’re both the future, but give them a second to grow.

abrams has said repeatedly that she's not interested in being anyone's VP.

There is a brand new interview that was published this week where she explicitly says that she would consider it.

Warren appears to be done. There's just no path forward for her (and probably wasn't). I find what the media did to her worse than Clinton. She had next to no baggage for a politician.

You may not be aware of Senator Warren's past 'exploits.'

Third in Massachusetts' primary didn't help the senator's path, either.

Bullock is running for Senate in Montana.

Thank the good lord.

giphy.gif

I think this also warrants a note of caution that Biden cannot and should not run solely to pander to the “economic anxiety” (spoiler alert: white) men in the rust belt. We are collectively sick of hearing that this group is literally the only one that matters.
:up:

Dr. Jill Biden for the win

View attachment 12421

Oh, so that's what it looked like - I was listening to the radio. Thx, Mrs S. :up:

To reiterate just how energized the Democratic base is still fired up (continuing from 2018) My state, TN, had record turnout, even though an F3 tornado blasted through 200 miles of the most populated area of the state the night before super tuesday. That's how much people want Trump out.

ps. this is not saying Biden wins TN in the general, just an overall note of the energy that is still there, especially now that there is a central figure they can get behind.

Oh, you're from TN. So sorry about the Nashville area! :(
Yeah, heard on public radio- quick interview someone had lost their house but were not giving up their vote!

Fucking Republicans .
Not that it's a surprise!

Hillary Clinton
@HillaryClinton
·
8h
A seven-hour wait to vote is a poll tax.

We need to restore the Voting Rights Act and stop Republican elected officials from shutting down polling sites.
Quote Tweet

ed lavandera
@edlavaCNN
· 17h
The last voter at Texas Southern University has walked out of the voting booth. It took Hervis Rogers nearly 7 hours to vote tonight. #supertuesday2020

Was thinking earlier today if the weather is decent enough (no snow, ice or cold rain) after I vote maybe i can be a placeholder on a voting line.

Last edited:
:up:

Oh, so that's what it looked like - I was listening to the radio. Thx, Mrs S. :up:

Oh, you're from TN. So sorry about the Nashville area! :(
Yeah, heard on public radio- quick interview someone had lost their house but were not giving up their vote!

Yeah, I live just outside of the city, and spent most of the night in the closet. But was ok.
just sad for the city.

Yeah the whole Joe Biden voted for the Iraq War isn't really going to hit home for people. We all know that the Senate was lied to about WMD's. I'm not happy that he voted for it but I would never hinge my vote on that.

Maddow just asked Bernie to explain why anyone should believe that he's going to win because of an increase in the youth vote when the youth vote was down yesterday and his response was to say he hadn't seen those numbers.

giphy.gif

It boggles my mind that an 80 year old who is also a career politician doesn't know that the youth almost never turn out. If Bernie's depending on the youth and first time voters to win he's going to lose. It's the political equivalent of late-50s U2 thinking the kids will propel their single to #1.

Yeah the whole Joe Biden voted for the Iraq War isn't really going to hit home for people. We all know that the Senate was lied to about WMD's. I'm not happy that he voted for it but I would never hinge my vote on that.

It was a mistake, I don't think it's disqualifying but I do think the needs to find a better answer than the fabricated "when the war started, I was immediately against it." Not only is it verifiably untrue but it makes him sound defensive. Just say, it was a mistake, Bush & Co lied, we were naive to believe them and won't make that mistake again with the current lying liars in the White House. And move on. This is really rehashing old news that nobody cares about anymore (rightly or wrongly).

Opinions? If Biden makes it, is there any chance he goes with a man for his VP?

Opinions? If Biden makes it, is there any chance he goes with a man for his VP?

Given how suburban ladies turned out for him, I think he owes them.

I put chances at 80%+.

Unless he tries to pull a reverse ‘08 and goes Booker.

I wonder if Rosario will want to extend her contract that long.

I think the topper might be about if he asked for the Clyburn endorsement, and he said, “I know Jim, I respect him, but his politics aren’t my politics”.

Huh... why is it that you’re struggling with AA voters again?

Since I’m on record, for the record, she’s left of him but not too left. She’s not white, she’s a she, and most importantly she isn’t a million years old.

The only downfall to Kamala for Biden is that she doesn’t come with a home state that’s she can influence.

Since I’m on record, for the record, she’s left of him but not too left. She’s not white, she’s a she, and most importantly she isn’t a million years old.

The only downfall to Kamala for Biden is that she doesn’t come with a home state that’s she can influence.

I'm with you, think Harris would be a solid VP choice for Uncle Joe.

Would enjoy seeing her debate Mother's boy. She'd fare a hell of a lot better than Tim Kaine did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom