US Politics XIX: Just an Echo Chamber Living In Your Heads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Bloomberg
@MikeBloomberg
·
10h
@realDonaldTrump
- we know many of the same people in NY. Behind your back they laugh at you & call you a carnival barking clown. They know you inherited a fortune & squandered it with stupid deals and incompetence.

We really should've listened to the people of New York in regards to Trump. They don't make any secret of their feelings about people who are total pieces of shit.

But oh, right, they're "coastal elites", so their opinion didn't count.

Well if it's impossible, the door is thattaway --->

:rolleyes:

Right? Amazing how these people just feel so "trapped" in these jobs they supposedly hate so much that they're free to leave any time they want.

It’s really hard to do crimes when your crime boss keeps announcing the crimes in public because he’s a disordered narcissist.

Who'da thunk using an idiot like Trump to be your stooge and do your bidding could go so badly?!

That's the part that continues to boggle my mind. These people are so freaking stupid. I don't get how the hell we can't mount a better offensive against them. This should be a freaking cakewalk at this point for the Democrats.

When I read someone get excited about Warren, I strongly disagree

You "strongly disagree" with supporting easily the most progressive candidate next to Bernie Sanders. Everyone else is way closer to the centre by wide, wider and widest margins.

So forget about Bloomberg, who is like a wildcard animated suitcase of hundred dollar bills - you find Elizabeth freaking Warren's stances unacceptable.

You "strongly disagree" with supporting easily the most progressive candidate next to Bernie Sanders. Everyone else is way closer to the centre by wide, wider and widest margins.

So forget about Bloomberg, who is like a wildcard animated suitcase of hundred dollar bills - you find Elizabeth freaking Warren's stances unacceptable.

Actually I would say that Warren is more progressive than Sanders. She might be able to pass some of her well thought out plans. Not just say - "We will build a movement with young people across the country..." siiiiiiiggggghhhhh.

And thinking of it that way. All the candidates would probably achieve more liberal progress once elected than Sanders. Especially since I think it's pretty clear that if Bernie is the nom, we are going to suffer badly down ticket.

There is zero chance that I will ever vote for Michael Bloomberg. He would be a horrific president, quite possibly as bad as Trump. He is a racist piece of shit Republican oligarch. His administration would correct more or less none of the ills wrought by Trump, but he would be more competent and would take advantage of the press's love of "reaching across the aisle" when making numerous deals with Republicans.

Even if you delude yourself into believing Bloomberg has any decent stances, there's no chance Bloomberg would beat Trump. Trump could win by just talking about the soda tax at every debate. He wouldn't have to do anything else. Bloomberg doesn't inspire anyone. He would try to campaign on "I'm worth way more than Trump!" and "I'm a smart fella, Trump's not." I would guess Bloomberg wins maybe six states.

Reading the posts in here about Bloomberg's plausibility is making my brain melt. Even in other places where I see people give credit to Warren and Buttigieg, they're all agreeing that Bloomberg is a horrible choice.

When I read someone get excited about Warren, I strongly disagree but I at least understand how they got themselves there. Michael Bloomberg is one of the worst people in America, has no charisma or appeal outside a very specific group of people, agrees with Trump on way more than he disagrees with him, and would get destroyed in the general election. What are we doing here?

I don't even know where to begin with this mess. Bloomberg is now "one of the worst people in America". and " quite possibly as bad as Trump."Jesus Christ. It's Bernie cult members pulling the same shit as they did with Hillary. Remember, she was "as bad as Trump, maybe worse", "The lesser of two evils" "warmongering corporate shill" blah, blah, blah.... :banghead:

Let's steer back to real life and realize that Trump actually IS one of the worst people in America. A rapist, serial sexual assaulter, pathological liar, russian asset, misogynist, racist, neo-nazi supporter, tyrant lover, who is shredding every last corner of democracy left standing. But yeah, Bloomberg is just as bad. I'm guessing Hillary would have been too right? Saying that you would never vote for Bloomberg is so beyond privileged.

You can badmouth Bloomberg all you want, throw around the favorite Bernie fan word - "oligarch" and not accept reality that if Bloomberg is the nominee, he will not only win, but help to win more Senate and House seats than any other person running. And then there's the Supreme Court and Federal courts that will be absolutely decimated to the point where no liberal policies will see the light of day.

The only way you get to a place where we can start to rebuild, is to win. To remove Trump.
That's how you make progress. The "revolution" isn't happening. 25% of people on the left are on board. That's like 12% of the general public. Time to let it go.

You are a diluted, horrible person if you prefer anyone other than the chosen one. And also don't ever say that there's a Bernie follower problem. That's fake news. Sad.

Shit. You're right. Michael Moore explained it all. It's not Bernie supporters. Everyone is angry Farmers losing their family farm, manufacturing workers losing their jobs, single parents working two jobs... Everyone.

I think we can all agree that Twitter is full of farmers, factory workers and multiple job single parents ranting about the oligarchy.

i meant that as a callback to an interference meme but sure guys feel free to flip your fucking minds at bernie sanders for some reason.

Last edited:

25 years ago everybody would get a thick book with literally everyone in the entire city's name, street address, and phone number printed in it delivered to their doorstep annually. this person is the leader of one of the largest unions in the city of las vegas. you could press the 0 button (or turn the rotary dial) and literally tell the operator "i want to speak to so-and-so in whatever city" and after maybe a couple questions at most to make sure it was the right person, you could be connected to them in minutes.

what exactly do you think bernie sanders should do about a random anonymous reddit user posting some information that anyone in 1995 could have found out with one phone call?

Last edited:
i meant that as a callback to an interference meme but sure guys feel free to flip your fucking minds at bernie sanders for some reason.
Because there wasn't a rather insane rant claiming pretty much that everyone else is wrong and stupid? But yes, I've flipped my fucking mind.

A man who, while having his faults, was a successful and popular 12 year mayor in a very liberal city, who created Everytown and has been very instrumental in bankrupting the NRA, and was key in flipping 23 congressional seats blue in 2018? Same as Donald Trump. Same thing. Same guy.

But I've flipped my mind.

Liz Warren? Too far right.

The candidate himself has felt the need to actually come out and make a half-assed statement about online harassment (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-sanders-idUSKBN20802P). But call attention to that? Pssht you're just buying into the CNN fake news bullshit man. Stop flipping your mind.

Last edited:
Don't speak to soon. I think she will soon be "the establishment". She uttered the word... compromise.

https://twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/1228072536849764352

I was very happy to read this from her. Prior to this admission she did strike me as someone who could never compromise and never be wrong on anything.

I love that she does speak her mind. She’s wonderful in congressional hearings, she’s able to use social media to connect that others cannot.

But there are times where she is so smug or condescending it’s tough to follow. Nothing is ever black and white in politics.

Also happy to see her get a frenchie. Wonderful dogs despite some poor genetics (always some health issue). Of course it’s a $5000 dog, but a congress salary can easily afford that :)

Because there wasn't a rather insane rant claiming pretty much that everyone else is wrong and stupid? But yes, I've flipped my fucking mind.

A man who, while having his faults, was a successful and popular 12 year mayor in a very liberal city, who created Everytown and has been very instrumental in bankrupting the NRA, and was key in flipping 23 congressional seats blue in 2018? Same as Donald Trump. Same thing. Same guy.

Liz Warren? Too far right.

The candidate himself has felt the need to actually come out and make a half-assed statement about online harassment (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-sanders-idUSKBN20802P). But call attention to that? Pssht you're just buying into the CNN fake news bullshit man. Stop flipping your mind.
cool story about flipping your fuckin mind bro.

I admit I haven't been able to do a fulsome point by point comparison, but if we are just talking about policies, Bloomberg's position strike me as further to the left of Klobuchar and Buttigieg (not sure about Biden, but he's irrelevant anyway).

I mean aside from the obvious fact that he's a billionaire and they are not, what is the opposition to him on a policy basis IF you consider yourself a centrist who is willing to vote for one of the other two?

If you're a Warren or Sanders voter, at least you can point to some substantial differences.

Bloomberg strategy is to beat Trump. To win.

America is about WINNING. It's why Trump just blasted his way through the primaries, he ignited their base because at the end all they cared about was beating the liberals. Of course there were undertone of racism (maybe not so much under), but the GOP just wins at any cost.

I think one of the reasons why the black community is throwing more support behind Bloomberg as Joe fades, is because they want someone who can beat Trump. Just win baby.

This election has to be one single issue for the Dems, BEAT TRUMP.

Do your policy thing once you've gotten into office.

This election has to be one single issue for the Dems, BEAT TRUMP.

I cannot for the life of me fathom any sentient being watching what Trump is doing and saying day in and day out and conclude that, ya know what, some of the D nominees are just as bad!

We as a species are total idiots.

EQwIC6QXYAcVvMh

wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom