U S Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, a Democrat, shot at public appearance!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the type of event that Giffords' Republican opponent held this past summer:

6a00d8341bf80c53ef0133f0e5916a970b-800wi.png

From what I understand, these events are actually rather common in Arizona politics (ie. a rally at a shooting range)?

this 75 year old AZ sheriff just said,
the second suspect is a white male in his 50s

a pretty sloppy news conference.

"Arizona has become a mecca for prejudice and bigotry" - Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik

He also ripped radio and tv talk show hosts a new asshole. Was rather obvious whom he was referring to.

I am watching a 20 minute delay on my dvr on Fox News

the scroll on the bottom just said the GOP will wait to vote on Healt Care Repeal

is that the same thing as the
Repeal of the Job-Killing Health Care Act ?

If Obama, Harry Reid and Gabby Giffords never crammed Health Care down the throats of the American people
this event would never have happened.

is this really our first concern here?

(and, of course, by responding i'm keeping this part of the discussion ... but whatever ...)

Just saying, the thread title states her political leanings, so it's hard not to think politically just based on the thread title.

But, that's far besides the point, just my opinion. I really hope that she makes it, this is just sickening whenever something like this happens, especially if an innocent child has to pay, and of course, the child's family.

I hope she is, and makes a full recovery. I tried to change the title to;
U S Rep Gabrielle Giffords, a Democrat, shot in head at public appearance!!

I tried to change it as soon as they corrected the story.

Perhaps a mod will change it. I guess all they need to do is remove the word, "dead".

Palin is a role model, a very poor one, and a lot of people who consider her a role model aren't terribly bright. I can understand the buck being passed on to her.

However, excepting JFK, most of these incidents can be wholly blamed on psychopaths whose political leanings take a backseat to their neuroses. This is why placing Giffords' political leanings in the thread title was a poor idea.

All I know is that I'm saddened that a public servant is struggling to live in a hospital - a vibrant young woman - a fellow U2 fan - who serves a constituency and was trying to serve that district when she was gunned down.
I hope that Congress People will be brave and still serve us - It concerns me that the most honest and true to the people of their districts won't run for office and we will end up with people that will pander to the special interests more and more.
God Bless us all -
JMO

the fact that the Palin camp removed the crosshairs map from their website demonstrates that they, too, see the connection between their words and this incident.

sounds like this guy was an equal opportunity nut job, but he was also, as has been noted, marinating in an increasingly emotionally charged political atmosphere.

Federal Judge John McCarthy is among the dead.
Was there another Judge too? I've only heard this one person, and not Judge McCarthy..

Judge's name is John Rollo - he evidently was there to thank Rep Giffords for her help in funding for his courts - I didn't hear exactly what though.

He sounds like he was a great guy with a lot of respect, I'm a Catholic and evidently he was too and he went to Mass every day and the Pima County Sheriff said that the Judge stopped by to see the Rep at her "Congress on the Corner" and then he was going home to "do the floors" as the Judge did every Saturday. The Pima County Sheriff has known the Judge for years since he was a Prosecutor for Pima County. Sounds like this was a terrible loss for this man.

Was there another Judge too? I've only heard this one person, and not Judge McCarthy..

Judge's name is John Rollo - he evidently was there to thank Rep Giffords for her help in funding for his courts - I didn't hear exactly what though.

He sounds like he was a great guy with a lot of respect, I'm a Catholic and evidently he was too and he went to Mass every day and the Pima County Sheriff said that the Judge stopped by to see the Rep at her "Congress on the Corner" and then he was going home to "do the floors" as the Judge did every Saturday. The Pima County Sheriff has known the Judge for years since he was a Prosecutor for Pima County. Sounds like this was a terrible loss for this man.

Not Rollo, Roll.

and it is the same person. John McCarthy Roll

Arizona Chief U.S. District Judge John M. Roll Killed in Tucson Attack

Back
Top Bottom