U.S. Ambassador Killed Over Anti-Islam Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for the bhengazi photos

it's so moving to see people come out like that try to show
us who know and those who may be beyond mind-changing
that radical Islamnists are not majority

as radical Christian don't represent the majority of Christians

The crisis rages on...

The fury over an anti-Islam film that targeted American diplomatic missions has spread to a number of other Western facilities in the Muslim world, raising the specter Saturday of a widening protest. Attacks on German and British embassies in Sudan, the ransacking of an American school in Tunisia, a fire at a U.S.-based fast-food restaurant in Lebanon and attacks against multi-national peacekeepers in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula were among the latest targets in protests that turned violent.
The unrest reached Australia, where hundreds of demonstrators clashed Saturday with police outside the U.S. Consulate in Sydney.
Top Western diplomats warned leaders in countries where the unrest has been most pronounced to ensure the protection of its missions and its people.
Australia became the latest nation to cope with protests.
Carrying signs that read: "Obama, Obama, we like Osama" and "Behead All Those Who Insult the Prophet," protesters in Sydney gathered on the steps of the consulate.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/15/world/meast/embassy-attacks-main/index.html?eref=igoogledmn_topstories

That first sign is disturbing. They're showing loyalty to a terrorist? The second sign is laughable. Its amazing how some Muslims insist their religion is about peace, yet are willing to be violent to defend it. I remember during the Prophet Muhammad cartoons riots, one protester had a sign that read "Behead those who say Islam is violent". Oh, the irony.

The challenger for the office of President of the United States takes reporter's questions over events in Libya including a statement issued by the U.S. embassy in Egypt.

romney_press.jpg

The President of the United States takes reporter's questions over events in Libya including a statement issued by the U.S. embassy in Egypt.

images

Are people in here really blaming the filmmaker for being 'irresponsible'? What a fucking joke

Jive Turkey said:
Are people in here really blaming the filmmaker for being 'irresponsible'? What a fucking joke

I think the filmmaker is a racist, stupid bigot.

I don't hold him responsible for the attacks in any way. Neither does anyone else in here.

But there seems to be the sentiment that he needed to be more responsible with his freedom of speech rights.

Jive Turkey said:
But there seems to be the sentiment that he needed to be more responsible with his freedom of speech rights.

There's a phrase that's always been applied to free speech: you can't yell "fire" in a crowded theater.

These idiots riot and kill over cartoons. You can't step on eggshells to appease a bunch of fucking hissy fitting babies.

Can you imagine if it was a different, non religious group we were talking about? "Oh, don't depict Ronald in a poor light. the McDonalds workers might kill someone"

Jive Turkey said:
These idiots riot and kill over cartoons. You can't step on eggshells to appease a bunch of fucking hissy fitting babies.

Can you imagine if it was a different, non religious group we were talking about? "Oh, don't depict Ronald in a poor light. the McDonalds workers might kill someone"

Have you seem the film?

That aside, again, no one is excusing the actions of these people. We're just looking at the situation in context. So nothing to get worried about.

The challenger for the office of President of the United States takes reporter's questions over events in Libya including a statement issued by the U.S. embassy in Egypt.

romney_press.jpg

the challenger making the crisis about himself after making an embarrassing, humiliating mistake regarding the timeline of events, and trying desperately to milk whatever possible political gain he can with his anti-Mulsim base while most of the "mainstream" GOP ignores or condemns his idiotic remarks.

the President continues to act with tact, nuance, and maximum efficacy.

the challenger making the crisis about himself after making an embarrassing, humiliating mistake regarding the timeline of events, and trying desperately to milk whatever possible political gain he can with his anti-Mulsim base while most of the "mainstream" GOP ignores or condemns his idiotic remarks.

:up:

McCain to Hannity: Fox 'wrong about Libya'

Comments (99) By MACKENZIE WEINGER | 9/14/12 3:23 PM EDT

Sen. John McCain on Thursday night clashed with Sean Hannity, telling the Fox News host that he and others on the network “were wrong about Libya.”

McCain's remarks came after Hannity claimed he had accurately predicted that the Muslim Brotherhood would take control of Egypt, and pressed the Arizona Republican on why the Obama administration was not able to foresee this week's attacks on U.S. diplomats in North Africa.

“How is it that Sean Hannity and a few others of us out here predicted with pinpoint accuracy that the Muslim Brotherhood would be in charge in Egypt? Their first task when they took over the Parliament was to declare Israel, our closest ally, an enemy. First, their number one enemy,” Hannity said. “How is it that the administration with all their intelligence and all the money we spend to help them and the CIA — how is it that they didn’t see this coming? And they kept telling the American people, this is democracy. Democracy. I don’t view the Muslim Brotherhood as democracy. They want Sharia law implemented now in Egypt.”

McCain pushed back, telling Hannity that “that’s not clear that that’s true” and that he and Fox News were wrong with their take on the elections in Libya.

“But also it was you and people on Fox that said in Libya, ‘we didn’t know who they were and let’s not help these people.’ They had an election and they elected moderates. They rejected Islamists,” McCain said. “And yes, there are Al Qaeda factors and there are extremists in Libya today, but the Libyan people are friends of ours, and they support us, and they support democracy. So you were wrong about Libya.”

“I don’t think I was wrong about Libya at all,” Hannity replied.

McCain jumped in, telling Hannity, “Yes I do, I know you were.”

“No, I was not,” the Fox News host said.

“I know you were. They had a free and fair election, and a democratic non-Islamic government was elected. So you were wrong,” McCain said.

Hannity then said he was surprised McCain wasn’t siding with him.

“They didn’t think the Muslim Brotherhood would take over? This is a known terror organization. We say we’re fighting a war on terror, we’re apologizing, our government, to Egypt after they raid our embassy and rip our flag down?” Hannity said. “Frankly, Senator, I would think you are with me on this.”

The interview wrapped after McCain replied, “I am not taking the side of the administration. I am saying that the largest nation in the Arab world is something we have to carefully calibrate our actions with.”

McCain to Hannity: Fox 'wrong about Libya' - POLITICO.com

PhilsFan said:
I wouldn't go that far. But if he's starting to come back from being insane like he was in 2008, that's a positive for everyone.

He wasn't insane in 2008. Just insanely unconvincing, actually not that much unlike Romney.

I think John McCain is still a good man in his core, he's merely been overtaken by certain elements of the GOP and he's been in Washington for so long. But he remains one of the few with the integrity to speak the truth as he sees it instead of the party line.

The telling thing there is that Hannity was surprised that John McCain wasn't siding with him. OMG, how DARE he not? If someone on CNN acted like that Hannity would probably say that CNN was disrespecting a POW.

I think John McCain is still a good man in his core, he's merely been overtaken by certain elements of the GOP and he's been in Washington for so long. But he remains one of the few with the integrity to speak the truth as he sees it instead of the party line.

The telling thing there is that Hannity was surprised that John McCain wasn't siding with him. OMG, how DARE he not? If someone on CNN acted like that Hannity would probably say that CNN was disrespecting a POW.

My sentiments exactly. I think there was little McCain could have done back in 2008 to win, but I think his appealing to the far right ultimately was one of the biggest contributors to his lost. He seemed to have lost the plot, I think the GOP could have one this election(I know too early to call, but it doesn't look good for them) if they had put someone more like McCain(used to be) in the seat. They really need someone who won't tow the line 24/7 because their line scares free thinkers, their line scares a lot of independents who really just find their economics appealing.

Even though McCain bowed to the more radical Right in his party during his campaign he still had moments of courage that I have yet to see in Romney. Remember when some people starting saying ugly things about Obama at one of his rallies and he reprimanded them?

I wouldn't give him too much credit for trying to distance himself from the ramblings of a crazy lady

Right, because nothing says "tact" like flying to Las Vegas for a campaign speech on the same day news breaks that an American ambassador has been dragged through the streets and killed along with several other Americans.

And what is the desired effect of telling the American people these attacks were spontaneous when the Libyan president, the circumstances and the facts all say something different, confussion?

Right, because nothing says "tact" like flying to Las Vegas for a campaign speech on the same day news breaks that an American ambassador has been dragged through the streets and killed along with several other Americans.

And what is the desired effect of telling the American people these attacks were spontaneous when the Libyan president, the circumstances and the facts all say something different, confussion?

Hang on a second. . .several friends of mine on Facebook that are pretty right-wing are reporting versions of the ambassador's death similar to what you are describing. I've variously heard that he was dragged through the streets by a mob and even one person saying he was sodomized, and yet I don't seem to hear that on any of the regular news reports. I admit I don't watch much TV news, but I do listen to NPR every day and not once did I hear his death described in this manner. My understanding was that he died of smoke inhalation and was taken to a hospital by Libyans. Did I miss something is or are right-wing media sources just making up stuff about what happened?

Also, I've heard from a wide variety of sources that the attacks in Libya were likely NOT spontaneous. Are you suggesting that the White House is maintaining that they were spontaneous even in the face of all this reporting to the opposite. Again, I've not heard anything to that effect.

According to the Lebanese news organization Tayyar.org, citing AFP news sources, U.S. ambassador to Libya Christopher Stevens, who was killed by gunmen that stormed the U.S. consulate in Benghazi on Tuesday, was reportedly raped before being murdered

Read more: PICKET: UPDATE - AFP not behind report of purported rape of murdered U.S. ambassador to Libya - Washington Times PICKET: UPDATE - AFP not behind report of purported rape of murdered U.S. ambassador to Libya - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

PICKET: UPDATE - AFP not behind report of purported rape of murdered U.S. ambassador to Libya - Washington Times

Back
Top Bottom