Tom DeLay Guilty On 2 Felony Charges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom DeLay GUILTY: Jury Convicts Republican In Money Laundering Trial

Finally. Let's get more corrupt bastards convicted.
His money laundering changed Texas' political landscape.

:up:

About time. And there are assuredly others that have done and are doing similar things.

Both sides of the aisle talk about cleaning up Washington. Start with this kind of sh*t. Don't allow it. Prosecute it. Left or Right... you do the crime you do the time -- and you lose your spot in government.

No tolerance policy. If they did that, maybe these folks would straighten up and be more honest.

About time. And there are assuredly others that have done and are doing similar things.

Both sides of the aisle talk about cleaning up Washington. Start with this kind of sh*t. Don't allow it. Prosecute it. Left or Right... you do the crime you do the time -- and you lose your spot in government.

No tolerance policy. If they did that, maybe these folks would straighten up and be more honest.

Exactly. It would be nice if it could get done in a more timely fashion, but I'll take whatever.

Amen to every word of this :up:.

After the verdicts were read, DeLay hugged his daughter, Danielle, and his wife, Christine. DeLay whispered into his daughter's ear that he couldn't get a fair trial in Austin. DeLay had unsuccessfully tried to get the trial moved out of Austin, the most liberal city in one of the most Republican states

Aw, poor Tom, afraid of a "bias" there, are you, one that might not go your way?

Good. I'm glad it was unsuccessful.

"This is an abuse of power. It's a miscarriage of justice, and I still maintain that I am innocent. The criminalization of politics undermines our very system and I'm very disappointed in the outcome," DeLay told reporters outside the courtroom.

There is so much hilarity in that statement I don't even know where to begin. So I'll just conclude by saying: Shut the hell up, DeLay.

Angela

*sigh*

For a hot tub of myopic apologists to jump into?

no thanks, post was for illustrative purposes only.

<>

I'm curious, just for illustrative purposes what was the reason for coming in here and comparing ethics violations to felony charges?

I'm curious, just for illustrative purposes what was the reason for coming in here and comparing ethics violations to felony charges?

Well most of America understands that tax evasion is a felony, and we're curious why he hasn't been charged.

Oh snap, it's a Democratic Congress.

Thanks for playing.

<>

Well most of America understands that tax evasion is a felony, and we're curious why he hasn't been charged.

Oh snap, it's a Democratic Congress.

Thanks for playing.

<>

Well that's not exactly how it works, Democratic or not they don't decide if someone will be charged with criminal acts...

For illustrative purposes you should figure out the difference between House ethic violations and actually being charged by the state.

Well that's not exactly how it works, Democratic or not they don't decide if someone will be charged with criminal acts...

For illustrative purposes you should figure out the difference between House ethic violations and actually being charged by the state.

Exactly.

I said in the original post, "Let's get more corrupt bastards convicted." Sure, I'm unabashedly Democratic, but I'm fair.

Rangel hasn't been charged civilly yet, as far as I know. I fully support the Ethics panel moving against him, and I wouldn't mind seeing him removed from Congress. Generally, I believe Rangel is a good man, but if he has acted illegally or at least unethically, then fine, remove him.

DeLay abused his position in Congress and has been convicted, civilly, for some of his actions. Rangel can probably pay a fine and restitution for his acts; that won't preclude prison for him. I'm not certain there is anything DeLay could do to help remedy what he has done, hence he'll serve some prison time.

I'm equal opportunity in holding people accountable, but that doesn't mean that all illicit acts are equal.

Interesting that the only one of the Bush era rogues to go to prison will be one who was merely venally corrupt.

I like how people are assuming that we'll defend a Democrat simply because they're a Democrat. It'd be fair, then, to assume all conservatives here will defend Republicans no matter what, right?

Or not.

Again, :up: to Mark on his post. You break the law, you get the proper punishment necessary, political affiliation being irrelevant.

Angela

I like how people are assuming that we'll defend a Democrat simply because they're a Democrat. It'd be fair, then, to assume all conservatives here will defend Republicans no matter what, right?

Or not.

Again, :up: to Mark on his post. You break the law, you get the proper punishment necessary, political affiliation being irrelevant.

Angela

I think this speaks to the term limit argument as well. Let the door hit these people in the ass on their term-limited way out before they get too powerful and too jaded to remember right from wrong.

I think this speaks to the term limit argument as well. Let the door hit these people in the ass on their term-limited way out before they get too powerful and too jaded to remember right from wrong.

Absolutely. We really need to champion this idea a hell of a lot more. This and campaign finance reform will be gigantic steps in fixing so much of the crap that happens in Washington.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom