Tipping Point - Sexual Harassment In America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks all - this is a standard/expected complication of being an insulin-dependent diabetic. The placenta inevitably fails and it's just a question of balancing how prematurely you give birth vs avoiding a stillbirth. Sucks but not my first rodeo and they will decide what to do with me tomorrow. FYM has been a decent distraction. ;)

Prayers :heart:

i take it all back - our beloved chocolate spread goes on special offer and French society collapses! :D

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...l-french-shoppers-bra-over-discounted-nutella

actually, that's pretty disturbing... i reckon it's true, the theory that all society just has a very thin veneer of order, and it would take, what, 2-3 days of food shortages to descend into proper chaos (happy morning thoughts lol)

ps- any news on anitram?

Last edited:
Gross.

Also of note today: Steve Wynn accused of pattern of sexual harassment; Wynn Resorts stock drops

Wynn, also the finance chairman for the Republican National Committee, paid $7.5 million to settle claims brought by a former manicurist at his resort who said the executive pressured her to have sex with him.

I'm sure any minute now the right will start jeering at the GOP for associating with a rapey creep, like they did with Weinstein and the dems.

Are you taking credit for Nutella now?!?

it's Ferrero, so technically Italian, but adopted by the French for forever - bit like (Belgian) Jacques Brel... i first tried it on baguette in 1985 on my first trip to France and it was basically the reason i decided i wanted to live here, and freshly made nutella crepes hot off a Parisian street stall are actually the best thing known to (wo)man

so we had it looooong before UK or US did :D

(i know that because every trip to France since then we would buy it in bulk to take back to the UK, and when we moved to France, would always take supplies back to the UK for friends)

(personally, i now mostly buy the posh organic palm oil-free equivalent these days though)

Last edited:
It's not "technically" Italian, it IS Italian! There's an incredibly strong history with the hazelnut there... if you've ever been to Piedmont, there isn't a coffee shop/cafe that doesn't have it 20 different ways, or a grocery store that doesn't have a whole section of Nutella and Kinder product, or similar products. I get that it's insanely popular in France (and Germany, and all of Europe really), but the chocolate hazelnut spread is quintessentially Italian.

And I dunno why you're bringing the US or UK into the conversation like that ?*♀️

I associate Nutella with Germany, because the first international trip I ever took was to Germany when I was, like, 12 or something.

I remember eating Nutella for the first time in the way that some people remember losing their virginity or first taking Molly.

My world totally changed. I haven’t been the same since.

That said, I wouldn’t stampede for it.

It's not "technically" Italian, it IS Italian! There's an incredibly strong history with the hazelnut there... if you've ever been to Piedmont, there isn't a coffee shop/cafe that doesn't have it 20 different ways, or a grocery store that doesn't have a whole section of Nutella and Kinder product, or similar products. I get that it's insanely popular in France (and Germany, and all of Europe really), but the chocolate hazelnut spread is quintessentially Italian.

And I dunno why you're bringing the US or UK into the conversation like that ������*♀️

i know, i'm just joshing with you re. "technically" :D

it's the same here tho (obviously can't compete with Piedmont in that case tho) - Nutella is pretty much a staple of the French family breakfast or snack... our fave coffee shop in town has various nutella options for its hot and cold drinks, and Kinder are huge here too.. my kids grew up on Kinder stuff (particularly Pingui and Chocobons haha - although they both LOVE Marmite - so still have a bit of Brit in there somewhere too ha)... i still get my (now adult) kids a giant pack of Kinder Chocobons each to go in their stockings every Christmas haha

holy crap tho, my daughter made me try this Italian product she discovered in Aoste last summer - acacia honey blended with hazelnut and cocoa, like a honey version of nutella (it's an Italian company who make all kinds of honey products, blended with fruit, nuts, to make really nice spreads), and i have to say i nearly cried it was so good!

i love Italy, but only know Tuscany/Florence really - amazing feeling going into a supermarket and it's just filled with all your favourite foods...

France versus ROW? - just continuing the theme :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom