Tipping Point - Sexual Harassment In America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite thing from living in Turin was 1) the coffee and 2) the nocciolo packed crispy croissants. Whatever the word is for those things.

She posted on FB earlier today. Baby is here, and looks like all is well with both baby and mom. :)

Thanks for updating the masses! :love:

Our little girl arrived last Thursday after an emergency c-section. Due to my diabetes and some other complications (I have a congenital blood clotting disorder as well) we always thought she'd be delivered at 37 weeks but she didn't make it that last week. All went well and she spent a bit of time in NICU but we were both released within 48 hours and she's already regained her birth weight. Was 6 lb 12 oz (3060g) at birth which for 4 weeks early is actually really good! Our son who is 2 wants to see her first thing in the morning and makes us take her everywhere so he can watch her while he takes a bath or has dinner, etc. But he is too afraid to approach her or sit with her on the couch so I can't get good pics of them together yet.

Our family is complete and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. :heart:

Our son who is 2 wants to see her first thing in the morning and makes us take her everywhere so he can watch her while he takes a bath or has dinner, etc. But he is too afraid to approach her or sit with her on the couch so I can't get good pics of them together yet.

Aw. Hopefully he can get to feeling comfortable enough to do that soon, so you can get lots of pictures of them :).

So glad you and your daughter are both okay and doing well. Congratulations!

Our little girl arrived last Thursday after an emergency c-section. Due to my diabetes and some other complications (I have a congenital blood clotting disorder as well) we always thought she'd be delivered at 37 weeks but she didn't make it that last week. All went well and she spent a bit of time in NICU but we were both released within 48 hours and she's already regained her birth weight. Was 6 lb 12 oz (3060g) at birth which for 4 weeks early is actually really good! Our son who is 2 wants to see her first thing in the morning and makes us take her everywhere so he can watch her while he takes a bath or has dinner, etc. But he is too afraid to approach her or sit with her on the couch so I can't get good pics of them together yet.

Our family is complete and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. [emoji813]
:up:

I associate Nutella with Germany, because the first international trip I ever took was to Germany when I was, like, 12 or something.

I remember eating Nutella for the first time in the way that some people remember losing their virginity or first taking Molly.

My world totally changed. I haven’t been the same since.

That said, I wouldn’t stampede for it.

I don’t remember my first time. :sad:

Our family is complete and thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. :heart:

wonderful :heart:

same age difference as my two, older boy and baby girl too - they will make the best playmates and friends as they grow together :heart:

take good care of yourself and get plenty of rest! it's really difficult with a toddler after a c-section as it's so tempting to pick them up, but you must resist hehe All the best to your little family!

"We wish him well," the president said. "He worked very hard. I found out about it recently and I was surprised by it. But we certainly wish him well. It's obviously a tough time for him. He did a very good job when he was in the White House. And we hope he has a wonderful career, and hopefully he will have a great career ahead of him. But it was very sad when we heard about it, and certainly he's also very sad. Now he also as you probably know, he says he's innocent. And I think you have to remember that. He said very strongly yesterday that he's innocent. So you'll have to talk to him about that. But we absolutely wish him well. Did a very good job while he was at the White House."

Just nothing this is the tone from the top.

But we women are hysterical and overreacting and conducting witch hunts.

When this is the tone from the top. Poor abusive asshole, we hope he has a great career, he's just been made to feel so SAD about all this.

rob-porter-wives.jpg

Lives are being shattered and destroyed by mere allegations. No more due process.

Like you granted to the Central Park Five Donnie. And to Barack Obama about where he was born. And Al Franken. Probably others.

Shaun White allegedly harassed the female drummer in his band. Article I read said he admitted to sending her harassing and offensive texts.

He wouldn't even take questions from female reporters yesterday.

USA! USA!

i quite enjoyed the halfpipe last night -- that was some Grade A, Olympics-only drama.

it's been kind of known for a while that White is a jerk and no one likes him, which is likely true about more elite athletes than we'd care to know. i've read up on the harassment suit and it sounds like he is a jerk, but beyond that ... i don't know, it's feeling a bit Aziz Ansari in that i'm still failing to see how any of this is my business.

the flag thing is an eyeroll to me. he was in a snowsuit on a mountain.

i quite enjoyed the halfpipe last night -- that was some Grade A, Olympics-only drama.

it's been kind of known for a while that White is a jerk and no one likes him, which is likely true about more elite athletes than we'd care to know. i've read up on the harassment suit and it sounds like he is a jerk, but beyond that ... i don't know, it's feeling a bit Aziz Ansari in that i'm still failing to see how any of this is my business.

the flag thing is an eyeroll to me. he was in a snowsuit on a mountain.

This I agree with....what were they supposed to so, kick him off the team based on allegations?

I also think the American flag thing is stupid. It obviously wasn't intentional.

This is gross. Can't stomach reading the rest right now.

I really liked how the women said that the locker room was their refuge, that the players always knew how to treat them with respect. Lots of great athletes who are such good people.

I loved one woman's notes, that she told one of these front office guys when he said "in another life would you marry me" and she responded "in another life I'd be a millionaire and own this team and you couldn't handle working for me."

changing the subject again, but this is an example from the news today of what i was trying to explain re. racism/incitement to racial hatred in France

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...t-targets-mixed-race-teen-playing-joan-of-arc

French far right attack choice of mixed-race girl for Joan of Arc role
Incitement to racial hatred inquiry launched into abuse over selection for Orleans festival

Angelique Chrisafis

Fri 23 Feb 2018 10.57 GMT First published on Fri 23 Feb 2018 01.30 GMT

A French state prosecutor has opened an inquiry into incitement to racial hatred after the selection of a mixed-race teenager to play the folk heroine Joan of Arc in annual festivities in Orleans was met with racist abuse from far-right social media users.

Mathilde Edey Gamassou, 17, was chosen from 250 girls on Monday to play Joan in a spring festival marking the Catholic warrior saint’s breaking of the English siege of Orleans in 1429.

Gamassou, whose father is from Benin and whose mother is Polish, is to ride a horse through the central city dressed in armour for the celebration which dates back nearly six centuries.

The announcement was met with a stream of posts on Twitter and far-right websites, branding her selection an exercise in “diversity propaganda” and an attempt to rewrite history.

“Joan of Arc was white,” read one Twitter post. “We are white and proud of being white, don’t change our history.”

Another comment, on the anti-Muslim site Resistance Republicaine, complained: “Next year, Joan of Arc will be in a burqa.”

The local radio station France Bleu Orléans reported that two social media accounts were being investigated over incitement to racial hatred after they compared the teenager to a baboon and used a picture of bananas.

The women’s equality minister, Marlene Schiappa, offered her support to the student.

“The racist hatred of fascists has no place in the French republic,” she tweeted on Wednesday.

Benedicte Baranger, the president of the committee in charge of choosing a girl for the role, said she was saddened by some of the reactions.

“This girl was chosen for who she is; an interesting person and a lively spirit,” Baranger said. “She responds to our four criteria – a resident of Orleans for 10 years, a student in an Orleans high school, and a Catholic who gives her time to others. She will deliver our French history to everyone, as have previous Joans before her.”

The Orleans mayor, Olivier Carre, also defended the teenager.

“In 2018, as for 589 years, the people of Orleans will celebrate Joan of Arc played by a young woman who shows her courage, faith and vision,” he wrote on Twitter. “Mathilde has all these qualities.”

Outside school, Gamassou is a student of opera at the prestigious Orleans Conservatory and is learning to fence.

The end of the brutal six-month siege of Orleans was a turning point in the hundred years war between France and England and the first major French victory.

Over the course of the war, between 1337 and 1453, England lost nearly all its territories on the other side of the Channel.

Joan of Arc, who was burned at the stake in 1431, is a heroine for many in France but is particularly venerated by the far right as a symbol of national resistance.

Agence France-Presse contributed to this report

Back
Top Bottom