Time magazine cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
$10 says the European edition of this week's magazine is about an actual, important news story.

But back on topic, I have no research to base this off, but it seems to me that breastfeeding for that long would lead to offspring with independence issues.

I've got no problem with the cover photo though. If it makes people uncomfortable, good; People need to be made to feel uncomfortable sometimes

I have nothing against breastfeeding even in public but personally I won't be breastfeeding a kid that is old enough to hold his own cup and use silverware.

I have a friend who is a first grade teacher and has a kid in her class that is still being breastfed. The Mom picks the girl up at lunch and breastfeeds her in her van in the parking lot. This has completely alienated the child from the other kids and the woman went berserk when my friend mentioned it to her.

Didn't realize these were shot by Martin Schoeller. Some of you might be familiar with his Close Up series. Awesome photographer

The whole thing reminds me of a Louis CK bit. He knew it was time to stop wiping his daughter's bum for her the day she very eloquently said "Thank you, Daddy"

anitram said:
I have a friend who is a first grade teacher and has a kid in her class that is still being breastfed. The Mom picks the girl up at lunch and breastfeeds her in her van in the parking lot. This has completely alienated the child from the other kids and the woman went berserk when my friend mentioned it to her.

That is all kinds of fucked up.

Even Lucille had stopped breastfeeding Buster at that age.

:crack: Why can't she just pump and send the girl to school with a thermos?

804375_1313274797479_full.jpg

:crack: Why can't she just pump and send the girl to school with a thermos?

That's what I was thinking...Just in general, why are they still breast-FEEDING? I may not understand the process well enough (my mother couldn't breast-feed so I've never really been around it), but once they get to an age where they're that big and can feed themselves, couldn't they just pump?

ever taste breast milk out of a thermos?

it taste terrible

I've had breast milk before, put in a special sort of bottle. It tasted fine to me (and before anyone says "ew" I wasn't chugging out of the bottle or anything, I just put a dot on my finger).

I have nothing against breastfeeding even in public but personally I won't be breastfeeding a kid that is old enough to hold his own cup and use silverware.

:lol: Same.

Back
Top Bottom