The Pope resigns / New Pope discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hear the smoke signal they send up to signify they've chosen a new pope is actually them burning any evidence of past 'unsavoury' behaviour

images

It will be ironic if a black Pope is elected that he will be surrounded by men in white robes with pointy hats swinging crosses in front of him.

What is troubling is the child abuse allegations. Not the fact the Pope resigned.

The only reason he did resign is because of the abuse allegations...not because of any other reason. That's pretty sad, that the Catholic church was hiding pedophiles and protecting them.

So, who's ready for tomorrow?

I'm not sure if I'm going to care. Of course, if a more progressive cardinal is elected that will be nice. But by progressive, that would mean he would only consider women becoming priests or lightening up on contraceptives. Key word: only.

If Cardinal Turkson from Ghana is elected, I will lose all faith in the Catholic Church as an institution. He defended Uganda's "kill the gays" bill, so that is someone I could never support and I'll be very disappointed if he's elected. Other than that, I won't care too much.

Yep, a bunch of guys getting together in a room, to hold a democratic voting process on whom God is going to choose to be the next Pope.

Makes Sense

all the voters are sworn to secrecy

the ballot counters announce the vote and then immediately burn the ballots
of course the holy spirit can guide these 3? ballot counters, or only 2? of them :shrug:

If Cardinal Turkson from Ghana is elected, I will lose all faith in the Catholic Church as an institution. He defended Uganda's "kill the gays" bill, so that is someone I could never support and I'll be very disappointed if he's elected.

Dennis Rodman is on his way to Rome to campaign on his behalf.

I wish I was making that up.

I guess Rodman is back being an attention whore again.

Maybe Jeremy Irons was elected? :hmm:

After all, he knows the politics of the Vatican and how to handle scandals. :lol:

Just kidding. Bad joke.

It's an Argentinian - the archbishop of Buenos Aires.

Jorge Mario Bergoglio - or Pope Francisco/Francis I as I heard. The first Jesuit.

Back
Top Bottom