The Murder Of Ahmaud Arbery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(hadn't heard this yet)
Fucking FINALLY, they need to charge his fellow cops for just standing around doing NOTHING!.

Of course - if they'd arrested/charged by next morning, or that evening most of this other misery could have been AVOIDED !!! :gah: :sad:

It is my understanding that no criminal charges have been brought against anyone in the Breonna Taylor shooting. Does the no-knock warrant essentially make it impossible, even if the warrant was served on the wrong house?

If that were the case I doubt they'd have brought charges of murder. Who knows. One of the pieces of evidence that was used according to County Attorney Freeman was a preliminary autopsy report. It had to have shown that preliminary cause of death was something officer KKK did.

Some different video seems to show that two other cops were holding Mr Floyd down next to the one charged.

Anyway I watched part of the video. A friend of mine said - I can't watch it (she's black). I said you don't have to but it's kind of incumbent on me to bear some witness. She did discribe some of the worse of it . So I stopped before that happened. It was horrific enough in what I saw.

Yes, a video from another angle shows that the other cops were holding him down.

George Floyd's lawyer, Benjamin Crump, has hired Dr. Michael Baden to do an independent autopsy. The state of MN is trying to say that George Floyd had a heart condition and possible intoxicants that could have contributed to his death. No signs of suffocation or asphyxiation. Very suspicious to me.

Good for getting an independent autopsy.

Even if he had a heart condition -- that neck press to (imho) me is the contributing factor, and not visa versa!

In tort law, it doesn't matter if he had a heart condition. It wouldn't matter if he was dying of cancer and would have been dead in 24 hours anyway. You take your victim as you find them - in other words, tough luck.

I took a criminal law and evidence class and that's the extent of my understanding of criminal law (and I like it that way) so I am not sure what the implications would be if he had underlying conditions.

None of what I can see the cops did looked physically traumatic enough to leave behind evidence (as opposed to someone leaving bruising round someones neck). You can make someone pass out from lack of oxygen by simply pressing both carotids on either side of your neck, its why you never check a pulse on both sides of the neck at the same time as it has caused people to lose consciousness as you restrict the blood flow to the brain.

Looking at the video the officer being charged is at least having his knee on the area of the neck where Mr Floyd's carotid would be. I'm not sure how much pressure is on the other side of his neck like if that left side is being pressed hard enough against the ground, or if the ground was uneven and therefore could come in contact with his neck. Anyway coupled with heart disease, he already has a possible reduced blood flow. Outside of any underlying conditions it looks like an inherently dangerous and unsafe way to restrain anyone. From the video it looks like at least two other cops are restraining him as well and one of them looks like they are kneeling on his back, which is also going to prevent him from breathing properly, you are physically reducing the victims ability to mechanically breathe normally (again not something that would leave evidence and unlike the charged officer we don't have continuous video of that angle, but I would say the cop on his back is equally responsible for the death).

I also find it weird they would release the statement that 'any potential intoxicants would have contributed'. They are likely running tests which is normal but a more neutral statement of 'we are awaiting further test results'. It makes it look like they are trying to create a different narrative prejudging he was on something.

A second independent autopsy is wise, but I am also not that hopeful it is going to give much more info.

The same thing happened with Eric Garner's autopsy. You can't help but be suspicious, these things can be "tailored" to fit a narrative and to try to reduce charges and punishment.

The independent autopsy says that George Floyd died of asphyxia, and he died on the ground. Not in the hospital as the medical examiner said. It sure appeared to me that he was dead in that video, tragically.

Maybe Diemen can change the thread title to The Murders of Ahmaud Arbery and George Floyd.

Last edited:

Yeah, she's not my idea of a DA and she's not helping at all. She's hurting. The violent looters are criminals, and that should be separated from the awful fact that racism exists and police are murdering African Americans. It's her job to hold all criminals accountable under the law.

Add to that an incompetent mayor, he has become a total joke. It made me want to cry, seeing that in Boston last night. Should have been prevented, and not in a Trump fashion.

Yeah, she's not my idea of a DA and she's not helping at all. She's hurting. The violent looters are criminals, and that should be separated from the awful fact that racism exists and police are murdering African Americans. It's her job to hold all criminals accountable under the law.

Add to that an incompetent mayor, he has become a total joke. It made me want to cry, seeing that in Boston last night. Should have been prevented, and not in a Trump fashion.

The police commissioner must be quite pleased with her for calling him "management".

And yes Mayor Maaahhty has got to go. Hopefully he and Somerville's Curtatone can retire together to Florida or the Caribbean after their next re-election attempts.

SHAME!!!!! :sad:

Conversation
Dr. Steve Woodsmall, USAF-Retired Retweeted
adaliah Flag of Togo
@adxlls
in an attempt to disperse crowds, #DavidMcAtee, a louisville bbq chef known for serving cops free meals, was shot and killed by the police last night. he was unarmed. not only were the officers’ bodycams off, but they also left his body on the street for 12 hours.
say his name.

third degree charge being upgraded to second degree, and the other 3 cops are being charged with aiding and abetting second degree murder. that sounds about right to me based on what i saw in the video.

Right.
if they get acquitted, the last week's protests and destruction will be mere child's play compared to what will happen.

I don't even want to think about that nightmare. I have a feeling that Chauvin might try to kill himself. He's facing this, his wife filed for divorce and to change her name. I don't remember if they have any kids.

He was on suicide watch, but that's probably standard procedure. I sure hope it wouldn't be a case of look the other way and let him do it. That would be a nightmare too.

Kind of interesting how Klobuchar seems to have Bogarted these new charges, but ok.

Saw a very emotional interview just now with a young woman in tears, expressing love for a commun it y Thst has lifted her up and also fear for the fact that she still doesn’t feel safe and still probably won’t.

Powerful stuff.

As Ahmaud Arbery, the 25-year-old black man who was fatally shot while jogging through his Georgia neighborhood, was lying on the pavement suffering from three gunshot wounds, his alleged killer yelled “Fucking n****r.”

That is what Georgia Bureau of Investigations Special Agent Richard Dial testified during a preliminary hearing Thursday morning, which was streamed online.

Back
Top Bottom