The Murder Of Ahmaud Arbery - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2020, 05:51 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:57 AM
The only thing about her "life being torn apart" thing is...

...will she and others actually learn her/their lesson? I'd rather she feel "torn apart" by shame and embarrassment and not by consequence.

mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:00 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
The only thing about her "life being torn apart" thing is...

...will she and others actually learn her/their lesson? I'd rather she feel "torn apart" by shame and embarrassment and not by consequence.
In her specific case, she's almost unemployable. First of all, we're in the middle of a pandemic and it's a bad time to look for a job. Second, she is in a customer-facing industry so the willingness of any HR department to take a bet on her will be really low. Third, she's likely a relatively high income earner (though not as much as you think - people see her title and think $$$, but she's not pulling in some astronomical salary) and a high profile person now, so she'll be a problem for all public companies (shareholder action is on the rise generally, but this case is just super easy), which means that leaves her with smaller/regional banks, private equity funds, credit unions and the sort. She'll eventually land somewhere, but her career path is basically done.

anitram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:10 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

"head of investment solutions" very likely means she mostly works with software testers and vendors of trading/portfolio management software. she definitely doesn't do any actual banking or finance in that position. so she's not necessarily confined to the financial industry, although yeah she is 100% going to take a big income hit at her next role wherever that is.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:09 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

That "officer" was kneeling on George Floyd's neck for nine minutes. It's awful enough, but he also looks like some psychopath that's enjoying what he's doing. At one point he even puts his hand in his pants pocket and leaves it there.

An alleged fake $20 bill, that's what the store called the police about. George Floyd was murdered by cops over $20. If that's not a murder by cops then I don't know what is. They can claim all they want, but the eyewitnesses and multiple videos are there.
MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:17 PM   #25
45:33

Local Time: 06:57 PM
This was more than five years ago. Nothing has changed, and nothing ever will change.

cobl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 08:01 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
"head of investment solutions" very likely means she mostly works with software testers and vendors of trading/portfolio management software. she definitely doesn't do any actual banking or finance in that position. so she's not necessarily confined to the financial industry, although yeah she is 100% going to take a big income hit at her next role wherever that is.
Her title is dumb and misleading but she worked in insurance (on the allocations side) and has a history of prior, definitely finance-related jobs since her MBA.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:29 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:57 AM
Quote:
Yeah and if she’s in a managerial role, tough to boast your Equal Opportunity Employer status. At this point, almost better to relocate to Alabama and start her own firm called Confederate Investment Solutions.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:53 AM   #28
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
THIS. I don't want to hear anyone bitching about football players kneeling ever again.

I haven't seen the videos, but i agree that it's good to have this stuff documented and out there. Make it that much harder for these assholes' defense to stand. For all the trouble social media can cause, it's also very helpful in moments like this. These people think they're bold and tough enough to say and do all these awful things? Fine. That means they're bold and tough enough to face the consequences of their actions, too.
This.

Just knowing (i've seen one still from the vid) that this cop kept his knee on Mr Floyd's neck for nine minutes (??!!!) and him and his cop buddies not letting up when he says he can't breathe.....
i'll watch it tomorrow.
In fact as I slowly typed this post a 22 yr old memory started to surface and I got a bit queasy. I was remembering the dragging by car lynching by a trio of Texans in Jasper, TX of Mr. Byrd.

I've kept track a fair amount of racist assaults/murders for about around forty years, though at first you wouldn't hear much about them in the white press. I certainly heard about a few before in the '70's and the worst of the actions to the Civil Rights movement from around '65 onward. By the time I was in my tweens I learned there were racists in the North as well.

Quote:
Well, when you potentially threaten to possibly put an innocent black man in danger/pontential death.....
you should pay some kind of price.

He's physically ok (thank goodness) but how long will his emotional state be unsettled or worse.
dazzledbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:35 AM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:57 AM
Amy Cooper certainly could take up acting. Maybe in the next Jon Voight production.

Quote:
How much longer do I have before my 8-year-old son grows from cute to a threat?

This is a question I constantly ask myself.

Maybe 20 years? No… that can’t be right because AhmaudArbery was an unarmed black boy killed at the age of 24 for just going on a daily jog.

Maybe 10 years? No… that can’t be right because Trayvon Martin was an unarmed black boy killed at the age of 17 for just wearing a hoodie.
https://www.allmomdoes.com/2020/05/1...t/#comment-428
Vincent Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 02:22 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Chauvin arrested for the murder of George Floyd. Charged with third degree murder and manslaughter. Charges against the others are anticipated.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:59 PM   #31
Blue Crack Supplier

(hadn't heard this yet)
Fucking FINALLY, they need to charge his fellow cops for just standing around doing NOTHING!.

Of course - if they'd arrested/charged by next morning, or that evening most of this other misery could have been AVOIDED !!!
Old 05-29-2020, 03:03 PM   #32
War Child

It is my understanding that no criminal charges have been brought against anyone in the Breonna Taylor shooting. Does the no-knock warrant essentially make it impossible, even if the warrant was served on the wrong house?
Jerry Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:08 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

I just read that the medical examiner's report allegedly says no signs of asphyxiation in the murder of George Floyd. How is that possible?
Old 05-29-2020, 04:24 PM   #34
Blue Crack Supplier

If that were the case I doubt they'd have brought charges of murder. Who knows. One of the pieces of evidence that was used according to County Attorney Freeman was a preliminary autopsy report. It had to have shown that preliminary cause of death was something officer KKK did.
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 04:24 PM   #35
Blue Crack Supplier

Oh, geeeez! How? Why?

Maybe ? LTJ in No Ireland could give us info.
(did I get that right?)

I hope not collusion!
Old 05-30-2020, 12:49 AM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier

Some different video seems to show that two other cops were holding Mr Floyd down next to the one charged.

Anyway I watched part of the video. A friend of mine said - I can't watch it (she's black). I said you don't have to but it's kind of incumbent on me to bear some witness. She did discribe some of the worse of it . So I stopped before that happened. It was horrific enough in what I saw.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:41 PM   #37
Blue Crack Addict

Yes, a video from another angle shows that the other cops were holding him down.

George Floyd's lawyer, Benjamin Crump, has hired Dr. Michael Baden to do an independent autopsy. The state of MN is trying to say that George Floyd had a heart condition and possible intoxicants that could have contributed to his death. No signs of suffocation or asphyxiation. Very suspicious to me.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:04 PM   #38
Blue Crack Supplier

Good for getting an independent autopsy.

Even if he had a heart condition -- that neck press to (imho) me is the contributing factor, and not visa versa!
Old 05-30-2020, 07:15 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzledbylight View Post
Good for getting an independent autopsy.

Even if he had a heart condition -- that neck press to (imho) me is the contributing factor, and not visa versa!
In tort law, it doesn't matter if he had a heart condition. It wouldn't matter if he was dying of cancer and would have been dead in 24 hours anyway. You take your victim as you find them - in other words, tough luck.

I took a criminal law and evidence class and that's the extent of my understanding of criminal law (and I like it that way) so I am not sure what the implications would be if he had underlying conditions.
Old 05-31-2020, 01:43 AM   #40
Blue Crack Supplier

Sorry, not sure what you mean. Duh.