The Murder Of Ahmaud Arbery - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2020, 02:02 PM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:16 AM
I don't understand this at all. Guess there is nothing to understand, other than the fact that our justice system is as fucked up as our country is.

MrsSpringsteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:11 PM   #202
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:16 AM
My assumption is that since her boyfriend shot first, striking an officer, that lethal force was justified. They're just saying maybe don't spray 500 rounds into the surrounding apartments.

It took over six months to even reach this point, so not surprising in the outcome

BEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:15 PM   #203
Blue Crack Supplier

Is it awful to say that I’m mildly relieved because I expected no charges at all?

I really, really hope it’s calm tonight. Protest, please. But please don’t burn things.

And, yes, I am telling people how they should express their grief. Because we are living in a tinderbox right now.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:18 PM   #204
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
My assumption is that since her boyfriend shot first, striking an officer, that lethal force was justified
Yes that's what it is. Plus the claims by the officers that they knocked and announced were corroborated by a witness who was in close proximity.

Of course now they're proposing reforms in Kentucky regarding how search warrants are executed.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:32 PM   #205
Blue Crack Addict

disgusting. a charge for firing recklessly into an apartment wall and zero charges for firing recklessly into a human being.

once again the law protects property and not people.

i wish i could say i was surprised.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:34 PM   #206
Blue Crack Addict

Of course civil and criminal are two very different things. But let's remember that there was a 12 million dollar civil settlement paid to her family, that also included money for changes and reforms. So let's get real, justice and truth vs the law are often two very different things. And that goes well beyond the death of Breonna Taylor.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:48 PM   #207
Blue Crack Addict

I hadn't even heard this before-the Kentucky Attorney General (he's African American) spoke at the Republican convention and praised Trump.

He said today that "mob" justice is not justice.
Gee Trump loves that word too.
Old 09-23-2020, 03:08 PM   #208
Blue Crack Addict

fuck the money. that doesn't come out of the pockets of the officers who shot a woman to death in her bed.

they recklessly murdered an innocent unarmed person with zero personal consequences at all.

i'm fucking furious.
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:37 PM   #209
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
fuck the money. that doesn't come out of the pockets of the officers who shot a woman to death in her bed.

they recklessly murdered an innocent unarmed person with zero personal consequences at all.

i'm fucking furious.
I only mentioned the money because if they thought the cops did nothing wrong, why did they pay such a settlement and agree to reforms? Obviously I understand it doesn't come out of their pockets. I'm not mentioning the money in any way shape or form as being relevant to her murder. Her life was priceless.

Where is the transparency? Why can't the public see the warrant, the grand jury report? I wonder if Breonna's family has been allowed to.
Old 09-23-2020, 04:23 PM   #210
Blue Crack Addict

"The most disrespected person in America is the black woman.
The most unprotected person in America is the black woman.
The most neglected person in America is the black woman."

Malcolm X 1962
Old 09-23-2020, 04:23 PM   #211
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I only mentioned the money because if they thought the cops did nothing wrong, why did they pay such a settlement and agree to reforms? Obviously I understand it doesn't come out of their pockets. I'm not mentioning the money in any way shape or form as being relevant to her murder. Her life was priceless.

Where is the transparency? Why can't the public see the warrant, the grand jury report? I wonder if Breonna's family has been allowed to.
Because $12 million is significantly less than what they'd have to pay if the family won in court.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:19 AM   #212
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Because $12 million is significantly less than what they'd have to pay if the family won in court.
Yes of course that's true. But that's extremely rare, for a civil settlement to be paid before criminal charges are even filed or not filed.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:23 AM   #213
Blue Crack Distributor

I have to imagine they understood that criminal charges were going to be incredibly difficult in a southern state where the first shot wasn't fired by police.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:11 PM   #214
Blue Crack Addict

Chauvin, murderer of George Floyd, out on bond for a million dollar bail today. Maybe the Proud Boys paid.
Old 10-08-2020, 04:14 PM   #215
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
Chauvin, murderer of George Floyd, out on bond for a million dollar bail today. Maybe the Proud Boys paid.
That made me furuius.
dazzledbylight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:58 AM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

Yahoo News
Breonna Taylor grand juror speaks out, says prosecutors steered them away from homicide charges

October 20, 2020, 4:41 pm

On the same day a judge granted a grand juror in the Breonna Taylor police-shooting case the right to speak about the deliberations, the juror, who is still anonymous, confirmed what Taylor’s family and supporters suspected: that homicide charges against the officers involved in the raid on Taylor’s apartment were never presented to them by Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron.

The ruling Tuesday by Jefferson County Circuit Judge Annie O’Connell held that any grand juror in the case who “wishes to identify themselves as a participant in the grand jury proceedings” is allowed to do so, and said the disclosure of the proceedings is in the public interest. Cameron, who took over the case from local prosecutors, had argued against allowing the juror to talk about the proceedings, citing years of precedent.

O’Connell’s decision was followed by a statement issued by Kevin Glogower, the attorney for the juror, asserting that the grand jury was dissuaded from pursuing homicide charges for the three officers involved in the March 13 raid on Taylor’s Louisville, Ky., apartment that ended in her death.

“The grand jury was not presented any charges other than the three wanton endangerment charges against Detective [Brett] Hankison,” the juror said in the written statement from Glogower’s office, which was shared by Vice News. “The grand jury did not have homicide offenses explained to them. The grand jury never heard anything about those laws. Self defense or justification was never explained either.”

The statement said members of the 12-person grand jury asked about additional charges. “The grand jury was told there would be none because the prosecutors didn’t feel they could make them stick. The grand jury didn’t agree that certain actions were justified, nor did it decide the indictment should be the only charges in the Breonna Taylor case. The grand jury was not given the opportunity to deliberate on those charges and deliberated only on what was presented to them.”