The FYM Bar - All Alcohol Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
I'm developing a taste for scotch myself these days.

Take a break, you say? ...... does not compute. I'm not sure my computer even has an off switch! ;)

What brand? What year? Single Malt? Blended?

I would recommend - Glenmorangie 10 Year Old - with a dash of water. It does not need the rocks.

And - since my Sarah Palin melt down in September - my wife has limited my posting habits.

What brand? What year? Single Malt? Blended?

Holy cow, I couldn't even tell you. I had some at the last two wedding receptions I was at, so I'm sure it wasn't anything quality. But last weekend I was at a friend's, and he loves scotch, so that probably was better. I'll have to ask him what it was.

There's a great bar here in Seattle that has this entire, giant blackboard listing all the scotch they've got at the bar. I don't think I could even name one. I've had it straight and with water.

what can I say - I'm a noob! ;)

I aquired the taste a year ago... The Glenmorangie 10 Year Old is in the flask I keep in my golf bag. It is really good warm...

The Glenmorangie 10 Year Old is in the flask I keep in my golf bag. It is really good warm...

I'll have to check into that, and see what kind my friend has as well. I may need to snuggle up with some on election day. ;)

Thanks for the tip!

Man, now you've got me really craving some scotch. And I don't have any in the house. Maybe port will do. :hmm:

All I ever have on hand is vodka. If I didn't have to leave for a choir rehearsal in a half an hour, I'd be breaking it out of the freezer right about now.

I'll have to check into that, and see what kind my friend has as well. I may need to snuggle up with some on election day. ;)

Thanks for the tip!

All I ever have on hand is vodka. If I didn't have to leave for a choir rehearsal in a half an hour, I'd be breaking it out of the freezer right about now.

Macallan 12.......

Aged in previously-used-for making-sherry casks for a hint of sweetness

Water/Ice should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVERERERERERERERE be mixed with a good scotch.

Dalwhinnie is good, a wee bit more of a peat-y type whisky rather than the Macallans which are a bit on the sweeter side

Oh, and never an "e" in whisky, if it has an 'e' it's not Scotch, it's the incredibly inferior Irish or Canadian firewater. May as well drink bourbon or some other nasty firewater.

I gotta start taking notes. Where's my pen?

See how well we all get around when we talk about booze instead of politics? No one's getting in fist fights or anything!

.................. yet. :uhoh:

Now serving Glenmorangie - dash of water and be you all warned - I like to hug when I am buzzed.:hug:

Macallan 12.......

Aged in previously-used-for making-sherry casks for a hint of sweetness

Water/Ice should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVERERERERERERERE be mixed with a good scotch.

Dalwhinnie is good, a wee bit more of a peat-y type whisky rather than the Macallans which are a bit on the sweeter side

Many people feel a dash of water releases the taste.

That said, Johnny Walker black tastes better on the rocks to me.

:lol:

Though to be fair, this might not be an FYM appropriate thread unless we start a discussion on the eco-social-political ramifications of adding water to scotch. ;)

:lol: Awesome.

So, scotch. Save for having it on the rocks, it's drunk warm, yes? Room temp and not shoved in the freezer like vodka?

Diemen: maybe we can leave it open through the election. We may need it. ;)

:lol:

Though to be fair, this might not be an FYM appropriate thread unless we start a discussion on the eco-social-political ramifications of adding water to scotch. ;)

WE have never had an FYM Bar before.....:D We may need it over the next few days.

You may want to remove the scotch posts from the other thread over here :O)

Yep. I wish I remembered the names of the scotches I had at my brother's in-laws' house last Christmas. They spent a few weeks in Scotland and basically did a whisky tour.

I tasted 3 that night and all were fantastic, but one of them was clearly tops - smokey and oh so smooth.

Okay, I'm shutting down and moving my butt to get to choir.

When I get home, I'm going to curl up on the couch with a splash or so of vodka and a book. If you see me here later tonight, please yell at me and tell me to shut off the computer.

Later, all. Enjoy the scotch! :)

I gotta start taking notes. Where's my pen?

See how well we all get around when we talk about booze instead of politics? No one's getting in fist fights or anything!

.................. yet. :uhoh:

We will if people start adding ice/water to scotch.............

Give every man his Dew, Tullamore Dew. On the rocks even, that's my way.

Whiskey lends itself to the political process, does it not?

I am more of a red wine man, Rioja specifically.

Alcohol, the great uniter. :) Red wine is definitely my favorite form of alcohol.

Lately I've been trying to expand my palate and get a taste for European wines. I've become quite a fan of Tempranillo and reds from Spain and Portugal. Though I do admit that I'm still a sucker for a big, fruity Napa cab.

Sorry....late for the party.....I was out buying some
bass20ale.jpg

Back
Top Bottom