The FYM Bar - All Alcohol Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:up::up::up:

I drink more than I should, but that warm sense of well-being and anxiety relief is sometimes too alluring for me.

We shouldn't be afraid of, or suspicious of, things that give us pleasure.

Obviously alcohol can and does destroy lives, and drinking and driving is unforgivable. But most people are able to drink for taste and pleasure and leave it at that. I'd even say the anxiety relief and social connections are worth the negative health consequences (empty calories, disrupted sleep).

I like Scotch! Scotchity Scotch Scotch!

And now I am hooked on Cherry Pie.

Family wedding yesterday. Did a double shot of Cuervo right before the ceremony.

I'm more of a marathon runner decided to stick with mostly beer. Over 12 hours got tuned up to a measure of ~17 Yuenglings. A couple rum and cokes in there as well.

Glad I have nothing on my plate today.

Utah is about to become the first state to lower the legal BAC level from .08 to .05 which I guess matches a number of European countries.

Your thoughts?

Good. Being drunk isn't illegal. Driving drunk is lame. Stop trying to beat the system. Stop thinking you're better than the law. Stop thinking you can "handle it." So many people have a chip on their shoulder to be manly or whatever about how much alcohol makes them "drunk." Most people of average weight are impaired enough to be a liability on the road after drinking more than two drinks.

Good. Being drunk isn't illegal. Driving drunk is lame. Stop trying to beat the system. Stop thinking you're better than the law. Stop thinking you can "handle it." So many people have a chip on their shoulder to be manly or whatever about how much alcohol makes them "drunk." Most people of average weight are impaired enough to be a liability on the road after drinking more than two drinks.
Well said.

Mofo informed me that Colorado has a fine selection of delicious local craft beers. He was not wrong. The Breckinridge Vanilla Porter he recommended is quite tasty. But Left Hand Brewing Co's Milk Stout nitro blows it out of the water. As someone who swore off stouts quite some time ago, it's so good. So smooth, pretty much zero of that bitter metallic stout after taste, almost a little chocolatey yet not as heavy as some chocolate stouts tend to be.

Back
Top Bottom