The FYM Bar - All Alcohol Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gotta buy my brother-in-law a Bourbon bottle for a 30 dollar sibling Pollyanna. Any recommendations?

We just did Makers for the wedding pre-game two weeks ago. I'd like something different. Knob Creek is good.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Agreed. This is our regular sipping whiskey, as in it's too good to mix but not quite good enough for a special occasion.

Although Bulleit is amazing in a milkshake.

Special occasion whiskey: Bell Meade Sherry-Aged. I tasted it on a distillery tour in Nashville and need to add it to my collection. As the name suggests, they age it in sherry casks.

On the opposite of the spectrum. When it comes to an economical buzz at my local backwoods bar I find myself pounding $1.75 Busch Cans. A certain nostalgia about college with that swill.

Special occasion whiskey: Bell Meade Sherry-Aged. I tasted it on a distillery tour in Nashville and need to add it to my collection. As the name suggests, they age it in sherry casks.

We got this Jack single barrel reserve thing when we toured the distillery about a month ago. That's now our special occasion bottle.

It's goooooooood.

And I'm not the biggest Jack fan.

I recently started (lightly) drinking at the age of 23. Yep, I somehow managed to go through college without having a drop of alcohol.

I had all of two glasses of Prosecco last night at a party for NYE. Then I got bored with alcohol, started just drinking water, and had a great time regardless.

I woke up with a noticeable headache from those two glasses that took most of the morning to go away. So, my question: is alcohol worth it? I don't feel completely closed-minded to it anymore, but I'm also not sure it really adds much to my life unless I go for drunkenness, which I really have no interest in doing. I do like feeling like I'm doing what everyone else is doing at social events, I guess.

Last edited:
I'd say it's worth it in moderation and if you like the taste. For me, a good cocktail or spirit is a treat. It took me a while to warm up to the taste, but now I really do enjoy it.

It's never worth it simply for socialization or numbing purposes. I do occasionally use alcohol to ease social anxiety, but that's not something I would recommend.

I spent January 1 in bed.

From being hung over.

New Year's Eve was amazing and while something doesn't need alcohol to be amazing, I'd prefer not paying the price the next day ?

I spent January 1 in bed.

From being hung over.

New Year's Eve was amazing and while something doesn't need alcohol to be amazing, I'd prefer not paying the price the next day ?

I was hurting as well. Stayed in last night and polished off a whole jug of Red Wine. By noon I was up cooking a pack of bacon. The grease has amazing healing power for a hangover.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

We went to a small fund raiser and donated to Planned Parenthood and the ACLU, and then to the same straight dive bar that we flood with bearded homosexuals every New Years for the past few years.

I enjoy the taste of wine, beer, liquor, and cocktails, as well as the warm sense of well-being and allievement of many kinds of anxiety that accompanies a few drinks. I tend to overthink existence itself, so I appreciate the mini-vacation. This is why I like to have several beers at a U2 show -- keeps me from over analyzing every possible artistic choice and lets me actually enjoy the show.

A head full of steam is worth it, a hangover is not. Moderation and good judgment.

I'm in Dublin. People in Ireland are so friendly. Consequently I forgot I wasn't even buying drinks. People were buying them for me, I probably only spent €30 last night. And that included entry.

I'm only half Irish and they were clearly testing my liver to see if I was lying. Only real conclusion.

The NYE party I went to had an open bar all night long. Each table also had a bottle of rum, vodka and Black Label with a bucket of ice and mixers. You can imagine how tipsy I was by the end of the party.

Guess I'll introduce myself to this thread. I started drinking during my first semester of college. At that time, I was also closed-minded in regards to alcohol, until I started going out, and that's when I began to enjoy it. When it's not the holidays (lost count as to how many parties I've been to in the past month), I drink at least once a week. Not a fan of drinking every day, and I'm definitely not a fan of drinking alone.

I've tried various types of beer, wine and vodka, but they're not my cup of tea. My favorite alcoholic beverage is Don Q, which is a brand of rum that's distilled and manufactured locally. I also drink whisky, tequila and our version of moonshine which is known as pitorro.

:lol: With a splash of regular Coke. I ask the same thing to people who drink Bacardi, because to me it tastes like shit.

I recently started (lightly) drinking at the age of 23. Yep, I somehow managed to go through college without having a drop of alcohol.

I had all of two glasses of Prosecco last night at a party for NYE. Then I got bored with alcohol, started just drinking water, and had a great time regardless.

I woke up with a noticeable headache from those two glasses that took most of the morning to go away. So, my question: is alcohol worth it? I don't feel completely closed-minded to it anymore, but I'm also not sure it really adds much to my life unless I go for drunkenness, which I really have no interest in doing. I do like feeling like I'm doing what everyone else is doing at social events, I guess.
Prosecco is very sweet, that's why you got the headache.

I used to drink a lot when I was 20-22 to the point that 6 beers straight in a row would do nothing to me, not even a slight buzz. Your body adapts very rapidly to heavy drinking and holds resistance.

I guess alcohol is worth it in social settings until you get into the relaxed state. It is definitely not worth it pass the point of getting extremely drunk, vomiting and hating yourself the next day.

I enjoy the taste of wine, beer, liquor, and cocktails, as well as the warm sense of well-being and allievement of many kinds of anxiety that accompanies a few drinks. I tend to overthink existence itself, so I appreciate the mini-vacation. This is why I like to have several beers at a U2 show -- keeps me from over analyzing every possible artistic choice and lets me actually enjoy the show.

A head full of steam is worth it, a hangover is not. Moderation and good judgment.

:up::up::up:

I drink more than I should, but that warm sense of well-being and anxiety relief is sometimes too alluring for me.

Back
Top Bottom