The Even Gayer than the Gay thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In other news, Mike Huckabee weighed in on today's news, saying that Davis' imprisonment "removes all doubts about the criminalization of Christianity in this country."

Constitutional scholar he ain't.

Of course. I was afraid this would happen with the announcement of her going to jail :rolleyes:.

She says all those things happened before she "came to Jesus".

In other words, they don't count. Pretty convenient.

Precisely the reason I tend to side-eye the whole "born again Christian" setup in general.

But yeah, that brings up a good point-all these people who refuse to bake cakes for gay couples or issue marriage licenses for them or things of that sort, I assume, then, of course, that they're also just as willing to check if any straight couples who are getting married are adulterers, or if they had kids before getting married, or if they're planning to, or can, have children once they're married (since, y'know, procreation is supposedly one of their biggest reasons gay couples shouldn't get married), or things of that sort, too. Right?

And if they're willing to overlook that stuff for straight couples, then I'd love to know why they can't seem to muster up the same ability to overlook the sexual orientation of the couple in question, or hear them explain why letting straight couples get by with things they won't let gay couples get by with is anything other than flat out discrimination.

aepOKpq_460s.jpg

aw73qjD_460s.jpg

I already hate the word martyr because I hate religion historically, but everyone realizes she's not going to be executed, right?

This is awesome! :up:

You know who I feel badly for? All of those people who also have the name "Kim Davis".

You know who I also feel badly for? The rock group, Survivor. She has ruined that wonderful song, Eye of the Tiger. She has tarnished my childhood memories of Rocky Balboa vanquishing the dastardly Clubber Lang in Rocky III.

And, finally, I suppose I feel badly for the men who dared to put their penises inside of this woman.

So let me get this straight?

Kim Davis is self-righteous by making the claim that she can't support sin.

Westboro Baptist Church calls her a hypocrite and self-righteous because she sins through means of her own marriages.

That effectively makes Westboro Baptist Church hypocritical, considering they're essentially establishing their OWN self-righteousness as dictators of what is sin.

If forced to pick a side... Kim Davis. Easily. I just puked a little saying that, but yeah... nothing more grotesque than the WBC.

That effectively makes Westboro Baptist Church hypocritical, considering they're essentially establishing their OWN self-righteousness as dictators of what is sin.
I don't get this part.
I know little to nothing about Westboro, and I'd like to keep it that way, but do they not just follow the definition of "sin" as in the Bible here?

I don't get this part.

I know little to nothing about Westboro, and I'd like to keep it that way, but do they not just follow the definition of "sin" as in the Bible here?

Yeah, and the bible calls everyone sinners. So the fact that they can picket someone who is essentially doing "their work" (Kim Davis), who is actually a reformed Christian (Kim Davis), means that they see themselves is infallible and not as sinners. ie an exception. They sin too, and they know it. The same sins that she does. She's one of them. Even down to the "homopromiting" or whatever they called it. Their "God hates fags" signs have the exact same countering result as Kim Davis' actions do.

I'm not religious at all, I'm just calling them (WBC) hypocrites among hypocrites. It's like... Davis is a hypocrite, but they are double nested hypocrites.

Back
Top Bottom