The Even Gayer than the Gay thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And cue the conservative call for revolution:

"The Supreme Court has spoken with a very divided voice on something only the Supreme Being can do - redefine marriage,” Huckabee said in the statement. “I will not acquiesce to an imperial court any more than our Founders acquiesced to an imperial British monarch. We must resist and reject judicial tyranny, not retreat.”

My Facebook is full of happiness and joy.

And I quote:

"We are no longer a country by the people, of the people and for the people. We are now constantly being ordered to act the way they want us to act and think the way they want us to think. Judges make decisions that shouldn't be theirs to decide, the president does whatever he wants. He will probably refuse to leave office next election and become our king instead. The world will change but God's word never will. I will stand firm min my beliefs and show love to the person but not the sin."

But that's the only negative comment I've seen thus far. But I promise, there will be more where that came from.

It's hilarious how much people don't understand that actual definitions of democracy, nor the way this countries system of checks and balances works. It's actually EXACTLY their decision to make. But anyways, I'm not going to engage with anyone on there today. Too much stress over the Indiana stuff a few months ago. I mean, that was really intense shit. A lot of tears were shed, a lot of fighting. It was insanity. I just don't feel like indulging again.

This is just fucking stupid on so many levels, it boggles my mind. How can people live in this country their entire lives and not understand what the Supreme Court is there for? And how come all of their other split decisions over the history of forever have been fine?

A Conservative Revolution? :lol: First thing that came to mind:

inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg

Is it bad that my first response to this wasn't anything but, "Jesus, Facebook is gonna suck today"?

Come over to my facebook feed it's full of rainbows today.

My Facebook is full of happiness and joy.

:heart:

Ugh. Scalia's dissent read like a kid taking his ball and going home.

In other amusing news, VOX has ranked Republican Presidential Candidates' reactions by anger.

Republican reactions to the Supreme Court same-sex marriage decision, ranked by anger - Vox

YaY 4 =

I'm glad this happened.

Also glad it happened in my thread, appropriately titled, with my username, and Ted CRUISE in the first post :sexywink:

NO seriously though, im just glad it happened. It's about damn time.

And to all the butthurt conservatives (pun intended), Deal with it!!! You guys have been making a mockery of "tRaDiTionaL" marriage through adultery and ugly divorce for lonnnnng enough. Judge NOT.

The only negative comment I seen via my Facebook feed was from my Christian stepmother who was heartbroken and said we lost our way and wants things to return to the way our founding fathers had set for us. Which I guess means selling your daughters for cattle or something.

(Not negative really, just her opinion and feeling, which she is entitled to)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Last edited:
Her family thinks I'm gay because I wear skinny jeans and have cats and I'm single and read books and like art. My father said this to me. So my jeans got skinnier and I got more books. I'm trying to find more cats.

Why is it that the FB feeds with the most Christians are the ones that seem to have the most hate?

I'm getting to a point where I am going to start refusing to call these people Christians. I've been doing a lot of New Testament reading lately, and I have no idea where these people are coming from. And yeah, some of them are my family, and I love them, but they're the ones who have lost their ways.

I'm getting to a point where I am going to start refusing to call these people Christians. I've been doing a lot of New Testament reading lately, and I have no idea where these people are coming from. And yeah, some of them are my family, and I love them, but they're the ones who have lost their ways.

:hug: It's got to be hard to see that in family.

The most judgmental people I've come across are my step mom and her family. The weird thing is how they're devout Christians but just attend church on Sunday then act like shitty people for 6 days. It frustrates me in the sense that I've never met a more hypocritical group of people.

Her family thinks I'm gay because I wear skinny jeans and have cats and I'm single and read books and like art. My father said this to me. So my jeans got skinnier and I got more books. I'm trying to find more cats.

That's funny, two things i have learned in the last few years; a lot of chicks dig cats & guys who have cats. Also most of my gay friends have dogs instead of cats.

Yeah, it's kind of a bummer but it's funny because my dad is thinking of divorce. He is unhappy. Divorces suck though.

let "the gays" have marriage... but take away their social security.

see, i can play a potential republican nominee too. has any candidate suggested that yet? i've always been renowned for original ideas.

Holy shit, I just got home from a night out, I had NO IDEA this was even on the cards???? I'm so happy I'm nearly in tears. Irvine, Ethan, et al, I'm so fucking happy for you. 2:52am. Amazing.

:) :) :)

And if you want a laugh, just check out the twitter feeds of any conservative right now. They are broadcasting to the world that they are hate-filled, irrelevant and pathetic.

Bryan Fischer, former Director of Issues Analysis for the American Family Association (my, what a lofty title), has been dropping gems on Twitter:

June 26, 2015: the day the twin towers of truth and righteousness were blown up by moral jihadists.

June 26, 2015: a date which will live in infamy.

From a moral standpoint, 6/26 is now our 9/11.

June 26, 2015: I saw Satan dancing with delight, the day the music died in the United States of America.

So you know, he's being quite reasonable about all this.

I would love for this prosperous week of Supreme Courtness to continue, but I don't think they have anything gun control related on the docket right now :sad:

I'm really just so glad this was settled before the election. It's not that I think it's a trivial topic, but sometimes civil issues like this are a nice distraction from the really important stuff that politicians SHOULD be talking about when it comes to running for office. A supreme court ruling should basically take this off the campaign table, I would think. Except maybe for Hillary to use it as an example of what got done during a Democrat's term?

Bryan Fischer, former Director of Issues Analysis for the American Family Association (my, what a lofty title), has been dropping gems on Twitter:

So you know, he's being quite reasonable about all this.

Wow.. comparing a day when love beats hate to the day where hate beat everything else.

This I just cannot understand. I get it does not go with your own religious views, but why all the hate? Isn't the big thing the bible teaches you that god = love? Does it matter what love if it does not affect your life in any way?

Have there been any violent or hateful gay protesters sofar? Might be biased media, but I haven't heard or read about anything. While I've heard of many peaceful protests. On the other hand the opposition.... but again that might be biased, though I've heard of a lot of Christians who actually are not against this, since they realise it does not affect their life in any way whatshowever.

I'm happy for the US people finally able to be equal and get married to the love of their life. Kudos. :) I never knew what it was like before it was legalised here as I was about 12 years old when it happened, but it probably wasn't easy feeling like a lesser human being. Finally we're all equal in this aspect.

I saw a very similar article the other day in regards to the ACA. Again, people seem to know NOTHING about the world around them.

EDIT: That came off a little overly aggressive. If you're already quoting me, it's fine. I just get tired of the "America is so backwards hahaha" narrative.

Back
Top Bottom