The Death of FYM?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But Melon, there were people who crossed aisles when you were slaying those dragons. You and I debated and I had to elevate my game to even pretend to be in your league. But when people got out of line, it did not matter what ideaology, they crossed lines publicly and behind the scenes to stand up for you, me, and others when the line was crossed.

I would certainly say that things were more vibrant in those days. The bad moments were quite outweighed by the great ones, and perhaps it is fitting that things are neither as bad nor as good as before.

Decidedly, I don't put blame on this forum as to why I don't contribute much anymore. On one hand, politics are just boring these days, if one finds the 24-hour news cycle to be pitifully lacking like I do. On the other, though, I'm just incredibly introverted nowadays, marching to my own drum beat. I read a lot of history, a good dose of classical philosophy, been reading some Borges, and I've been working on some animation and design projects. And I've just found that it's really quite difficult to talk about the same old, same old in here.

I dunno...I certainly regret that I haven't chatted with y'all in a while, but I'm thinking I'm probably best these days conversing by e-mail. I'm just not in the mood to argue like I once was.

I would certainly say that things were more vibrant in those days. The bad moments were quite outweighed by the great ones, and perhaps it is fitting that things are neither as bad nor as good as before.

Decidedly, I don't put blame on this forum as to why I don't contribute much anymore. On one hand, politics are just boring these days, if one finds the 24-hour news cycle to be pitifully lacking like I do. On the other, though, I'm just incredibly introverted nowadays, marching to my own drum beat. I read a lot of history, a good dose of classical philosophy, been reading some Borges, and I've been working on some animation and design projects. And I've just found that it's really quite difficult to talk about the same old, same old in here.

I dunno...I certainly regret that I haven't chatted with y'all in a while, but I'm thinking I'm probably best these days conversing by e-mail. I'm just not in the mood to argue like I once was.

I am not in the mood either. My job has taken much of my time. My children are older, and keeping a marriage going is work when the children and the job are taking so much of my time.

retirement is a nice place to be

FYM is fine, in my opinion. Could benefit from more diversity of viewpoints but basically it's fine. Now personally, much like Melon, I'm not that interested in discussing politics any more.

Back
Top Bottom