"The Common Party": A web series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caleb8844

War Child
A few friends and I have decided to begin filming political debates on a variety of issues, representing both sides of the aisle, and starting a YouTube channel to broadcast them. If there're any suggestions for good issues to discuss, we'd very much appreciate them! Also, maybe some of these videos could spark some discussion. We'd love feedback on our views, too!

Here is the link to our channel: TheCommonParty1 - YouTube

As of right now, there aren't many uploaded videos yet, and the ones currently uploaded are VERY rough (in our defense, everything you see in the videos was completely improvised on the spot; in the future, I think we'll pre plan most of it)

If this violates the advertisement rules of this forum, I'm very, very sorry! I was told it would be okay, but if not, feel free to delete this!

Make them longer so the issues can be fleshed out better. Otherwise the temptation for short talking points won't help people change their minds on any issue. Staying casual with dress I think is even better but the debaters have to really look like they've studied the subjects REALLY well so an audience will actually value the effort. Good idea nonetheless. I wish there were more debate shows on TV because on the internet people can get caught in their intellectual cul-de-sacs. Youtube is a good place for debate.

Thanks for the input! We have a few more videos coming from that taping, and we're planning on doing another taping soon. For this next one, I think we're going to pre-plan A LOT more; hopefully that'll smooth out the transitions, and allow us to have longer debates.

Any suggestions for topics?

Thanks for the input! We have a few more videos coming from that taping, and we're planning on doing another taping soon. For this next one, I think we're going to pre-plan A LOT more; hopefully that'll smooth out the transitions, and allow us to have longer debates.

Any suggestions for topics?

The only "pre-planning" I would do is let the people know the topics, that's it. I wouldn't let them know the questions otherwise it comes off as so.

Also I would make the suggestion that the moderator refrain from making comments like "good points" or anything that would show he agrees, even if he does it for both sides. The moderator should remain completely neutral.

As far as topics I would like to see your age group discuss where you think the focus on energy should be in the next 50 years.

With the pre-planning, I mostly meant knowing which issues we'd discuss before hand, and individually planning a little more how we'd like to address them. I agree about the moderating, too.

Good topic idea!

Invest in a good quality microphone. I know people have modified mine to be a "boom" mic and put it on a stand and mine was pretty inexpensive ($100).

We've posted a new video! It's from the same recording session as the last two, so unfortunately none of the suggestions have been put into use yet.

Is Welfare Broken? - YouTube

Any other thoughts or suggestions? They're much appreciated by all of us!

Back
Top Bottom